SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Mr. Hitchens lets be honest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Please Mr. Hitchens lets be honest. Reply with quote

In his recent article Anti-War, My Foot he correctly points out how the communist organized anti-war demonstration is hardly about peace or against the war, rather they are the enemy we are at war against or at best neutral towards our enemy. We should add the enemy of my enemy is my friend. This is true, yet there is a problem with how he frames the argument. Hitchens says
Quote:
a dip into any database could have furnished Janofsky with well-researched and well-written articles by David Corn and Marc Cooper—to mention only two radical left journalists—who have exposed "International ANSWER" as a front for (depending on the day of the week) fascism, Stalinism, and jihadism.

How convenient for you to leave out communists and substitute Stalinism, because we all know how rotten those Stalinists are compared to the good Lenin communists.

Please tell. Do tell.

Oh reading further he does explain his position. He further elaborates
Quote:
Just to give you an example, from one who knows the sectarian makeup of the Left very well, I can tell you that the Worker's World Party—Ramsey Clark's core outfit—is the product of a split within the Trotskyist movement. These were the ones who felt that the Trotskyist majority, in 1956, was wrong to denounce the Russian invasion of Hungary. The WWP is the direct, lineal product of that depraved rump.

Lenin did kill millions and the Trotskyite movement was fully realized and witnessed in all its grandeur during the 70’s when Pol Pot harnessed the will of the proletariat and enforced their mob rule over the educated. A true egalitarian utopia was created without any capitalism or Stalinist corruption and in its wake left one third of its citizenry dead and a collapsed country.

Nice try Mr. Hitchens. You get a cookie for your correct analysis of what the anti-war movement is, but on further review a swift kick in the ass for your leftist agitprop decision to purposely substitute Stalinism for communism. Lenin was just as evil and nefarious as Stalin he just didn’t have enough time to put up the impressive murder count his protégé Stalin was able to achieve.

Hitchens would have us believe there are good and bad communists. Never fall for this argument and be careful of well written articles such as this which on first view look great yet hide leftist propaganda.

Chistopher you are arguably the best writer the left has left, but please Mr. Hitchens lets be honest.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Corn? is that the joke-off that shows up on Hannity every once in awhile? I want to kick my way into my tv set everytime I see his stupid grass! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: