SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mary Mapes Cries Foul-says"the birth of political jihad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Mary Mapes Cries Foul-says"the birth of political jihad Reply with quote

This is just too gooood. Wink Laughing

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/54739.htm

excerpt:

Quote:
October 5, 2005 -- THE producer at the center of last year's "Memogate" scandal at CBS News says she was derailed by a vast right-wing conspiracy.

The producer, Mary Mapes, is one of four CBS staffers fired last January in the wake of the scandal.

She is convinced she was the victim of a group of loosely associated Internet bloggers "with a harsh political bent" who pounced on CBS News minutes after the airing of the now-infamous Texas Air National Guard story on "60 Minutes 2" in September 2004...

"Within a few minutes, I was online visiting Websites I had never heard of before: Free Republic, Little Green Footballs, Power Line," writes Mapes...

"They were hard-core, politically angry, hyperconservative sites loaded with vitriol about Dan Rather and CBS."

"This was something else, something new and fundamentally frightening," Mapes writes. "I had never seen this kind of response to any story.

"It dawned on me that I was present at the birth of a political jihad."

Last edited by Rdtf on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mary Mapes: Look at yourself in the mirror!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:

Mary Mapes: Look at yourself in the mirror!

Dang, Anker,

While I know you're right, in my heart, for a few seconds, I was a proud, non-uniformed, hyperconservative jihadi in the War on Terror. You just deflated my over-inlated ego again. Smile

Deuce
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Within a few minutes, I was online visiting Websites I had never heard of before: Free Republic, Little Green Footballs, Power Line," writes Mapes...
That is too funny!!!!! Where has she been? Rolling Eyes

Mary Mapes, Welcome to the informational icons of today, tomorrow...and the future!

Americans for Truth see reality and speak out! The MSM political jihad on Americans has ended!!!!!!!! Go stick your head back in your hole, B****!!!!!!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mary Mapes Cries Foul-says"the birth of political j Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Quote:

"They were hard-core, politically angry, hyperconservative sites loaded with vitriol about Dan Rather and CBS."

Unfortunately for Ms. Mapes, they were also hard-core, politically angry, hyperconservative sites loaded with vitriol about Dan Rather and CBS who ate her "journalistic" lunch.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the exercise of the First Amendment frightens this "journalist" Ms. Mapes? This is just too rich! Laughing
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mary Mapes Cries Foul-says"the birth of political j Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:

excerpt:

Quote:
October 5, 2005 -- THE producer at the center of last year's "Memogate" scandal at CBS News says she was derailed by a vast right-wing conspiracy.

The producer, Mary Mapes, is one of four CBS staffers fired last January in the wake of the scandal.

She is convinced she was the victim of a group of loosely associated Internet bloggers "with a harsh political bent" who pounced on CBS News minutes after the airing of the now-infamous Texas Air National Guard story on "60 Minutes 2" in September 2004...

"This was something else, something new and fundamentally frightening," Mapes writes. "I had never seen this kind of response to any story.

Why does the truth hurt or be painful to someone who is suppose to tell the truth who lied and brought forth forged documents and people exposed the lies? I am always amazed how people keep trying to spin what happened.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realized it was right winged bloggers that falsified memos and sent them through Kinko's Laughing

Odd how not one part of her story mentions how she failed, along with others, to verufy the truthfullness of what she couldn't wait to place on TV.

"Vast Right-Winged Conspiracy?" Now, where have I heard that before, hmmmm? Wink Rolling Eyes
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that Ms Mapes does not mention the circmstances of the situation that caused her to be fired. Instead, she attacks "the messenger" and thereby clouds the question of fraud both she, Rather and CBS attempted.
This approach is consistent with the Democratic Party's manual which offers advice on how to handle an attack by a political opponent.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: working Reply with quote

Where is Mapes working now?
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Within a few minutes, I was online visiting Websites I had never heard of before: Free Republic, Little Green Footballs, Power Line," writes Mape

This really is too rich. And these people call themselves journalists??!!

The vitriolic emotions concerning Comrade Rather span at least three decades. That is a long, long time to be hiding one's head in the sand, no?

How could a news researcher not have ever read anything on The Free Republic's website??

Incompitance at its archtype paragon.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mary Mapes Cries Foul-says"the birth of political j Reply with quote

What the heck is a hyperconservative or an ultraconservative? I have seen it too many times when the leftists are talking about Republicans. The latest run-in where they are saying James Dobson is an ultra.. Is this a new talking point since the "Hitler" title was getting old?

Rdtf wrote:

excerpt:

Quote:

<snip>
<snip>

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Pardon me all to hell Mrs. Mapes but you were derailed by the truth.
Of course that is something you obviously would not recognize if it bit you on the butt.

dusty
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:

Pardon me all to hell Mrs. Mapes but you were derailed by the truth.
Of course that is something you obviously would not recognize if it bit you on the butt.

dusty

How true, but it did bite her on the Butt big time and she did not realize it. Otherwise she would not have said what she said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: