SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cindy Sheehan arrested
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Cindy Sheehan arrested Reply with quote

Cindy Sheet-fer-brains got her worthless butt arrested. Way to go law enforcement! Probably another stroke.

note: topic edited/me#1
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A media stunt.
Note the crowd chanting "the whole world is watching".

Quote:
Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest
Sep 26, 1:57 PM (ET)

By JENNIFER C. KERR

(AP) Rev. Al Sharpton, right, anti war activist Cindy Sheehan, center, and Rev. Jesse Jackson, left,...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) - Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son's death in Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch.

Sheehan was among several hundred demonstrators who marched around the White House on Monday and then stopped in front and began singing and chanting "Stop the war now!"

The demonstration is part of a broader anti-war effort on Capitol Hill organized by United for Peace and Justice, an umbrella group. Representatives from anti-war groups were meeting Monday with members of Congress to urge them to work to end the war and bring home the troops.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050926/D8CS3D0G2.html

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad idea.

It would have been better to arrest all the other "leaders" and left her screaming at the cameras.

Instead she got just what she wanted: martyrdom.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge's headline:
CINDY SHEEHAN ARRESTED AT WHITE HOUSE IN CUNNING STUNT

don't say that five times real fast .... Laughing
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the idiot would have resisted! Crying or Very sad
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see the photos, the twit is grinning like the Cheshire Cat. She was loving it and probably thinks she did something great. I am sick of her and her whining stupidity. She is about a bright as a fence post.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! I was going to make cindy t-shirts for everyone, wouldnt ya look good sporting around with a shirt with this on it?

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Darn! I was going to make cindy t-shirts for everyone, wouldnt ya look good sporting around with a shirt with this on it?

BARF!!! Razz Razz &%%^&$% Try one with Hillary instead. Confused Confused
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: She's not. Reply with quote

"Drudge's headline:
CINDY SHEEHAN ARRESTED AT WHITE HOUSE IN CUNNING STUNT."

Stunning she is not. Nuff said, I guess.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you follow closely CS's <amazing> career in all this, you will notice that she was "found," "made," and promoted all along the way by the Associated Press. It's almost like the old days when Hollywood studios "made" stars.

So if you want to vent, vent at Cindy (she's just playing the silly puppet on a string - but grinning while she's supposed to be grieving), but if you want to find the real enemy, look no further than AP.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to an open letter posted on Freerepublic, by a neighbor of Sheehans, she didn't get this way until contacted by our old buddy sKerry during his failed campaign last year. It seems she was recruited as a campaigner and paid for travel all over the country.

Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan

How come it doesn't surprise me that sKerry's signature is all over this? Confused
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: She's not. Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:
"Drudge's headline:
CINDY SHEEHAN ARRESTED AT WHITE HOUSE IN CUNNING STUNT."

Stunning she is not. Nuff said, I guess.

To Cindy S**than, Yes the World is watching and seeing a complete idiot being taking advantage by your supporters and the media. The pictures of you tell it all, Bimbo, Blonde and from Kalifornia.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, butt! the fools said she stood up and was lead! That aint what I saw on the tube, her carcus was being hauled out with that cat eating shirt look on her goofy face! Laughing
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter Lew references is profound. A serious piece of American History.

From towards the end:
Quote:
What you are doing to neighbors, to friends, Casey's battle buddies and to a nation of people who are having to relieve the ugly pain of the late 60s and the 70s is unfair.

This is about you, Cindy.
Not about anyone else. When you turn your back on your neighbors, your friends, your family and act in this manner, it only evidences that there is no consideration toward anyone or anything else.

Finally, and most disturbing, how can you support a group that supported John Kerry, who on April 7th, on National Public Radio stated that Al Sadr had a "legitimate voice" and that the Coalition (including your son) should not have closed down his newspaper after he called for the deaths of U.S. troops.

You know better than anyone else, Casey was killed in Sadr City by the Al Sadr militants. How can you join ranks with those who support the terrorist who called for the death of your son?

Its beyond me, Cindy, and something I suspect, someday in the future, you'll look back on and with considerable pain.

We don't want that for you. I believe you need to sit down and think about it long and hard. You are bringing so much pain to this nation and its people.

Linda

In pink is much of what it's all about. It's about her, instant gratification.... here and now.... me, mine, I, now. The lost generation of the late 60's and early 70's. They are crippled by ongoing lost maturity.

I thank God I escaped the same... me, David Horowitz, Geraldo Rivera and a host of others so much more shrouded in anonymity, yet today productive members of society.

In red.... she brings me zero pain except I do pity her, no pain, just pity.

I feel the same emotion for the victims of the hurricanes who feel someone else is responsible for their lack of education when it was there for the taking all along.

Cidy's getting a education all right.... she's the one who's going to feel the pain before it's all over, not me. I really don't pity her that much.

I am proud of her son. Proud and Grateful.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's on a roll, thanks to the fruit cakes giving her support. I think what bugs me the most is seeing a sign at her hate America concert is the one that said something about justice for Katrina ---blank. Can somebody tell me what that means? Then you got bab's "the nose" striesand, talking about an emergency global warning thing! She could of sniffed Katrina in one side and had room for a few more in the other. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: