SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Gore, the Moonbat-in-Chief, makes a speech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Al Gore, the Moonbat-in-Chief, makes a speech Reply with quote

If you have nothing better to do, or if your gag reflexes haven't been checked out recently, peruse this Gorebasm delivered today:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/06/D8D2IU703.html

A couple of gems among many:

Quote:
In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, there was - at least for a short time - a quality of vividness and clarity of focus in our public discourse that reminded some Americans - including some journalists - that vividness and clarity used to be more common in the way we talk with one another about the problems and choices that we face. But then, like a passing summer storm, the moment faded.

Vividness and clarity. Ten thousand dead? Six months to de-water the city? Hundreds dead in the Dome? Rapes galore? Blank-o #1, FEMA #10?

Quote:
In fact there was a time when America's public discourse was consistently much more vivid, focused and clear. Our Founders, probably the most literate generation in all of history, used words with astonishing precision and believed in the Rule of Reason.

This is a particularly galling statement. Yes, there used to be focus, precision and clarity in our public discourse. And then along came Political Correctness - a design of the Left - concocted for only one purpose: to shame Americans into shying away from airing and discussing important issues because to do so might 'offend' someone.

Oh, well, read it all if you've the stomach for this man who, but for the grace of God, would be President. </rant> Twisted Evil

Schadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TREE HAS SPOKEN
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think a guy bright enough to invent the internet could come up with some better lines! Rolling Eyes
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Algore is partially right. He is in a parallel universe and dialog has gotten wierd on his side. This man has lost touch with reality and is Mentally ill. Poor wierd Al needs counseling. Maybe Tipper can help, she is a big mental health advocate.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't (and won't) go beyond this disgusting display of sophistry...

First he presents you with a question...

Quote:
Are we still routinely torturing helpless prisoners,...

Is it REALLY a question or ?....

Quote:
...and if so, does it feel right that we as American citizens are not outraged by the practice?

"If so..."?

Now, were it REALLY a question (which ASSUMES the plausibility of a negative answer), it would render the latter an absurd non-sequitur, no? In reality, he doesn't have the GUTS to make an accusation that he KNOWS he can't support yet gives the SPECIOUS ALLEGATION the same veracity as an established FACT.

Quote:
And does it feel right to have no ongoing discussion of whether or not this abhorrent, medieval behavior is being carried out in the name of the American people?

More to the point, does it "feel right" to have a pontificating LOSER feeding anti-American sentiment for political gain?

Go away Gore, your 15 minutes are up and, if I might modify the classic rhetorical question, "have you stopped beating your country?"
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I just keep hearing him say "they played on (our) fears!" I wish I could tattoo a huge (L) on his microbic brain. His retoric is good for the wool producers--the actual ones! Wink
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regrettably, I read the entire speech. Some real convoluted bunk. His history is seen through a fogged mirror. He runs amok with some vaguely remembered Marshall McCluhan statement. The Founders lived in an age when any crackpot could say anything with or without any validity because there was no way to check it. The steam press saw an age of mass produced invective and outrage. Abe Lincoln confessed that part of his congressional win was because several publishers took the expedient of printing his opponents obituary. Overall he's fighting last decade's war; TV is old news and he's denouncing it, his only dubious source of succor presumably because they can no-longer trumpet his addled pronouncements.

He, sKerry and Jimuh should take that Greyhound out off town, their ticket's punched.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Al Gore, the Moonbat-in-Chief, makes a speech Reply with quote

Quote:
Our Founders, probably the most literate generation in all of history, used words with astonishing precision and believed in the Rule of Reason.

Yee Haw!! I'm going to rush right out and apply for the job of Town Crier! If that was the most literate generation in all of history then surely we must be leaping backward and reviving the old ways of having the one person who could read shout the news from each and every corner.

Hmmm, come to thing on it, the MSM is sort of like that. A singular organization who can pick and choose what news the people should hear and in what manner the news is presented.

Oh my gosh! Gore is right!!

Well, perhaps just a little RIGHT OF FAR LEFT
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatta maroon.

Can you imagine if he had been President all this time?

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: