SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earthquake deaths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Earthquake deaths Reply with quote

I noticed this morning the MSN home page estimated 30,00 dead. Now it's 3pm pacific standard time and it's 20,000. Are the calling Miss Cleo for information?

This same scenario seems to have been played with Katrina. Are these folks just real bad at math? or is there something more sinister in these "predictions"?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's FEMA incompetance.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats fema go to do with it? It was bush of course, same-o stuff, back room planned the quake out stuff! jesse the cheater will say Bush aimed the quake towards the blackest populations. Rolling Eyes

PS: I'm just wondering, how much has chirac done so far?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great if that earthquake buried Bin Laden? We could call it an "act of God" and it would send the Muslims into a real paradox, eh?
Probably wishful thinking on my part.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email from my son, he is aboard the USS Tarawa oversea's. He said that they are heading for Pakistan for a Humanitarian mission. I am sure they will be doing the recovery and clean up. I hope they find the remains of Osama, no martydom just old fashion justice, God's wrath. That would be the perfect end. Of course Bush ordered the quake, he directed it at the poor based on financial status and race. He spared the top 1% and will only give them a tax break. He has left all those poor innocent terrorists homeless, he is a racist against all those freedom fighters. If that were true I bet France would have had one by now!! Semper Fi.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they can also use this for a quake? Laughing

GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Whats fema go to do with it? It was bush of course, same-o stuff, back room planned the quake out stuff! jesse the cheater will say Bush aimed the quake towards the blackest populations. Rolling Eyes

PS: I'm just wondering, how much has chirac done so far?

You are essentially correct on the cause, but being that the relief is slow (complaints as usual) FEMA must be to blame as well. Chirac is waiting to see what we do so he can blame us for something.

Here we go again. After the Tsunami we got skewered for being to cheap and not getting there fast enough while old Europe tut-tutted. Then we got blamed for causing it. SOS. Well, US aid will flow in as we are the most generous on earth and will do it willingly.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wing Wiper"]Wouldn't it be great if that earthquake buried Bin Laden? We could call it an "act of God" and it would send the Muslims into a real paradox, eh?
Probably wishful thinking on my part.[/quote]

Yeah, I hope hes wearing a ten story building for a new hat! his legacy would be nothing but a grease spot in the sand! Wink
GM Strong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening, the gummints in the earthquake zone are complaining that we are not responding fast enough or with enough supplies. "FEMA" is US for them and we are being blamed again. Screw'em, if their 1st responders are inept, send in Gov. Blanco.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bellow is a sound explication of much of what is wrong with the main stream media:

Quote:
Pledges of aid for the victims of Saturday's earthquake have poured in from around the world but little assistance has yet reached desperate survivors on the ground due to blocked roads and a shortage of aircraft, particularly helicopters.

Quote:
Reuters reporters flying over stricken areas have seen villages and towns flattened. Nearly every building in Muzaffarabad, a once-pretty river town that is the capital of Pakistani Kashmir, was destroyed or damaged.

This from here:
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051011/2005-10-11T103941Z_01_MOL817643_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-QUAKE-DC.html

I do wonder at what point the reporters might realize they are a hindrance to the mission at hand, saving the innocent??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: