SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chertoff Says Captured Aliens Must Be Deported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Chertoff Says Captured Aliens Must Be Deported Reply with quote

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3994329&nav=HMO6
Quote:
Homeland Security Chief Says Captured Aliens Must Be Deported

WASHINGTON-The head of the federal Homeland Security department says he wants to end the "catch and release" policy that has let tens of thousands of non-Mexican illegal immigrants stay in the U-S.

Michael Chertoff says every single illegal alien caught should be returned to their home country - no exceptions.

Chertoff made the statement this morning at a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting called to discuss immigration reform measures now before Congress.

Chertoff said nearly 900-thousand Mexicans caught entering U-S every year are returned immediately to Mexico, but only 20-thousand of 160-thousand aliens from other countries were sent home last year. The rest were let go because there's no jail space.

Competing immigration bills are before Congress. One is co-sponsored by Arizona Senator Jon Kyl and would give illegal immigrants five years to leave the country but allow them to return through legal channels. Another is co-sponsored by Arizona Senator John McCain. It would let illegal immigrants apply for a temporary work visa for up to six years, after which they must return home or apply for permanent residency.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk is cheap and we've heard it before. Do it and show us you mean it. While you are at, do not pay attention to any liberal whining.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if someone ever actually sealed off our borders, they wouldn't have to worry about apprehending Illegals and deporting them. Wishful thinking, I guess.

I'd lay money the ACLU will be filing against this just as soon as anyone is caught and set to be deported.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

I'd lay money the ACLU will be filing against this just as soon as anyone is caught and set to be deported.

Send the ACLU clowns back with their illegal clients.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,put up or shut up, I will believe it when I see it. Send everyone of them packing----pronto. I said it before, you want to be pres., get rid of them! It really wont matter what else you say, just-get-r-done! Wink
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuhhhh. Sounds like a plan to me.

The only suggestion I have for Chertoff is that we drop them off in Argentina so the walk back to the border is a little longer. You know the old saying; "Drop them off in Mexico today and see them back eating lunch in Tucson the next day."

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Duuhhhh. Sounds like a plan to me.

The only suggestion I have for Chertoff is that we drop them off in Argentina so the walk back to the border is a little longer. You know the old saying; "Drop them off in Mexico today and see them back eating lunch in Tucson the next day."

Cool Cool Cool

Take along Momma Moonbat Sheehan, Lurch, Howlin' Howie, Gore, and Calypso Louie too.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing come on guys for the ride of your life, Its Howlin Howies Magical Motherwheel Tour "05". Wink
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Howlin Howies Magical Motherwheel Tour "05".

That features Windy Cindy on tambourine, Lurch on harmonica, Howlin Howie on vocals (Yeeaaaahhhh!), Algore on bass and Farakahnman on drugs.

If you're stoned enough, it might sound good.

Nah! Never been THAT drunk. Bartender! Another triple, please. (Always be polite to the man pouring your booze.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: