SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Greater Friend....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: No Greater Friend.... Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this wonderful story of our troops great compassion and humanitarianism for several days now and thought I'd share it. It is the type of story that should be on the front page and on the broadcasts.

I know it is just one of many such stories. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. God bless our troops.

http://thunder6.typepad.com/365_arabian_nights/2005/10/life_1.html

VS
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!!

(I spread this story around other sites a bit, I hope you don't mind, but I thought it was time for some positive news on some sites.)

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet good money that not one newspaper or news organization carried this story. It wouldn't fit their help the enemy agenda.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

I think it's great that you've shared this wonderful story in other places. I really don't go to many net places anymore.

Every time I read this story, it brings tears to my eyes. An innocent little girl horribly injured by a piece of metal falling from the sky through the roof of her home, a victim of the ME practice of firing weapons in the air for celebration.

A frantic father bringing his child outside and our troops springing into action, doing everything necessary to save that innocent life. There is no question that child would have died had our guys not been there.

This was the night of the election in Iraq after the polls had closed. These guys had been on high alert and short sleeped for several days. Yet, they did not rest until they knew that child was going to make it.

America's best and the best of America. The more people that can learn about these acts of humanitarianism and compassion, the better.

VS
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story choked me up, literally. It's a shame that our mainstream media doesn't see fit to publish success stories as this.

Thank you for making us all aware of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: