SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: 2000 Reply with quote

Time for the Cindy Sheehan freak show...
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM is labeling the 2,000th death as a milestone. They have parties planned to celebrate it. These idiots are sick pieces of crap. My son is at Al Asad Air Base and they just lost one of their men, I sure hope the MSM parties hard to celebrate this young Marines death. The Marine is L/CPL Chris M. Poston, assigned to BLT 2/1. He was assigned to the 13th MEU off of the USS Tarawa. BLT 2/1 is the infantry unit assigned to the 13th MEU, my son is in the Air unit HMM-163. Equal loss for all in the 13th MEU. You can look up the 13th MEU on google and it will take you to their home page, you can read about the accident and the accomplishments of those fine fighting men. I intend to inform the MSM where they can put their milestone and parties. Semper Fi.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the mention of 2,000 families mourning the loss of loved ones, I have to also think of the almost 3,000 families still mourning from 9-11. I also think of the 17 families mourning from the USS Cole.

I dare say there are literally thousands of families, American, European, Arab, and Asian that mourn the loss of loved ones at the hands of these terrorists.

These terrorists have to be stopped and this war on terror should have been started over 30 years ago, before they gained the support and power they have today. Appease them now and imagine the power they will have 10 or 20 years from now.

At the same time as I shed my tears over these 2,000 I also beam with pride that this latest generation has produced such fine young men and women who willingly placed themselves in harms way for the protection and liberation of others and paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their sacrifices are not to be taken lightly or denigrated but deserve to be held up to the entire world as amongst the finest people this country has ever produced.

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put Lew!! Man this just irks me everytime I hear these fools calling this a milestone. Sometimes I want to slip back into my cammies and get busy. This domestic terrorism and treason just gets under my skin. And as I type this I just heard ABC announce that we have acheived a milestone, 2,000 dead. ACHEIVED A MILESTONE 2,000 DEAD, these sorry B*st*rds. I had better go turn it off, I am having thoughts that might not be good to act on. My Marine Corps blood is begining to boil and that usually is not good for anyone in my path. Semper Fi brother.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have that many lost and the detestable John McCain (Capt. McQueeg) is concerned we don't mistreat the scum when we capture the terrorists we haven't sent to meet their 72 virgins, most of whom are not Iraqis. We are fighting a war. Well put, Lew. These are our honored fallen defenders of freedom, not statistics to be counted for a political agenda.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
With all the mention of 2,000 families mourning the loss of loved ones, I have to also think of the almost 3,000 families still mourning from 9-11. I also think of the 17 families mourning from the USS Cole.

I dare say there are literally thousands of families, American, European, Arab, and Asian that mourn the loss of loved ones at the hands of these terrorists.

These terrorists have to be stopped and this war on terror should have been started over 30 years ago, before they gained the support and power they have today. Appease them now and imagine the power they will have 10 or 20 years from now.

At the same time as I shed my tears over these 2,000 I also beam with pride that this latest generation has produced such fine young men and women who willingly placed themselves in harms way for the protection and liberation of others and paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their sacrifices are not to be taken lightly or denigrated but deserve to be held up to the entire world as amongst the finest people this country has ever produced.

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Damn Lew,

Hear Hear!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
The MSM is labeling the 2,000th death as a milestone. They have parties planned to celebrate it. These idiots are sick pieces of crap. My son is at Al Asad Air Base and they just lost one of their men, I sure hope the MSM parties hard to celebrate this young Marines death. The Marine is L/CPL Chris M. Poston, assigned to BLT 2/1. He was assigned to the 13th MEU off of the USS Tarawa. BLT 2/1 is the infantry unit assigned to the 13th MEU, my son is in the Air unit HMM-163. Equal loss for all in the 13th MEU. You can look up the 13th MEU on google and it will take you to their home page, you can read about the accident and the accomplishments of those fine fighting men. I intend to inform the MSM where they can put their milestone and parties. Semper Fi.

Blessings for your son and thank God he is there fighting for our comfort and peace here at home.

Please let him know that many here at home truly understand his sacrifice for what too many take for granted.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly Genrx, will do. He volunteered to go back over this time. He knows what is required to keep us free. It's to bad that half of this country does'nt have a clue. He reads the MSM and the moonbats and that is his biggest motivator, he refuses to let them win!! In this war losing is not an option. It helps to have an old Sarge as a Dad to keep his fire burning. I try to keep his eye on the target, and his motor running. That is what will keep them all alive. Semper Fi.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life, you can add this old Army Sarge's thanks to your son. With all the leftist indoctrination our kids received after Viet Nam, I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear of men like your son. In raising him, I can only say, "Well Done, Sir."
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lew, I will pass that on to him. The truth is that there are 100's of thousands of them just like him over there doing the job. The disenters in the military are to few to even register. It is kind of funny, my son is a SGT now himself and he told me that I don't out rank him anymore. I said boy I have you in about 30 years time in grade, top that and you can call the shots!! He laughed and said well I can kick your butt then, I said bring it on. He laughed again and changed the subject. The funny part is that he could whoop my butt now, but he is hindered by that respect thing. Besides I told him that I would cheat. He has turned out to be a fine young man, makes me a little proud. I was there to pin on his SGT stripes, he is wearing my old ones. Semper Fi.
AMOS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Be more. Reply with quote

Be more than "a little proud". Ya both done good. Tell him that for me.

Amos.
Retired USMC Corporal for 36 years.
Semper Fidelis.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh believe me Amos I am. I have been passing on all the support that you guy's have given, not just to him but his whole unit. From the ground pounder to the F-18 pilot, they all need to know that they have our support. We have passed the sword to a very Honorable and capable generation. Semper Fi.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are They Statistics or Heroes?
It's truly hard to fathom how warped the media culture is in this country. Most major newspapers are leading this morning with the 2,000th U.S. combat death in Iraq. Apparently, this is a "milestone" the media deems worthy of expanded coverage - including news analysis of the "grim" numbers, stories of family grief, and "interactive graphics" of our fallen men and women.

Buried at the bottom of all the coverage ostensibly intended to "honor" our troops is the little tidbit that, oh by the way, the Iraqi constitution passed. Cont'd at RealClearPolitics

At least one newspaper got it right:

The left will say this is propaganda from a right-wing rag. But the one striking difference between the Post and the rest is that at least The Post is willing to treat our dead soldiers as "heroes." The New York Times had no problem writing exhaustively about the heroes of 9/11, but when it comes to Iraq all we get are body counts.

Lew, you said it so well! Thank you!
Quote:

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Taking a Number
"The Pentagon announced that Staff Sgt. George T. Alexander Jr., 34, of Killeen, Texas, died Saturday in San Antonio of injuries sustained Oct. 17.

Alexander was wounded in Samarra, a town 60 miles north of the Iraqi capital. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning, Ga."

Unfortunately, the media and the anti-war factions will never see Staff Sgt. Alexander as more than number 2000--a number used to wage a political battle.

Number 1,999 was Sgt. Jacob D. Dones, 21, of Dimmitt, Texas, died in Hit, Iraq, on Oct. 20, when his forward operating base was attacked by enemy forces using indirect fire. Dones was assigned to the 2nd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Irwin, Calif.

Number 1,998 was Lance Cpl. Kenneth J. Butler, 19, of Rowan, N.C., who died Oct. 21 from an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations against enemy forces near Al Amariyah, Iraq. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Number 1,997 was Cpl. Seamus M. Davey, 25, of Lewis, N.Y., who died Oct. 21 from an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in the vicinity of Haqlaniyah, Iraq. He was assigned to Marine Forces Reserve’s 4th Force Reconnaissance Battalion, 4th Marine Division, Reno, Nev. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, his unit was attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

Unlike the pundits who will bray this evening on the cable channels and the activists who will hold vigils in Washington, D.C., I have been to the country where these men died.

I have been to the exact village where Number 1,998--Marine Lance Corporal Kenneth Butler--died.

I have walked the dirt roads of Al Amariyah. I have been in businesses and houses around Amariyah. I have rode in a humvee up and down the bomb littered roads leading into Amariyah.

I may not have known Lance Corporal Butler, but I spent months with Lance Corporals--many in the Corps for less than a year--who patrolled Amariyah.

I lived at Camp Smitty for month, the Forward Base where he likely slept, played cards and listened to his i-pod. I spent days baking in the sun, walking and bouncing around in a humvee on that patch of desert where the fertile canal country ends and the wasteland begins.

If Butler was anything like the other Lance Corporals I filmed for months on end in Iraq he was a smart, strapping, kind and fearless man.

As an grunt in an infantry battalion, Butler could run and hike wearing 60 pounds of gear. He could endure heat and stress that would kill lesser men. And everyday he went out into Amariyah, patrolled the villages and the main roads knowing that any minute could be his last.

And he volunteered to do it.

Butler was willing to stand on a wall that most Americans are scared to look at, let alone get close to.

Numbers 2,000, 1,999 and 1,997 also strapped up every day to stand on a wall many in America are willing let crumble. And to those who would let that wall crumble, they are just numbers.

They are not men of action and conviction, to the anti-war faction, they are merely numbers of sufficient quotient to send a press releases and hold press events.

I asked Marines all across Al Anbar province two questions:
1. If something goes bad and you die here. What would you think of people who used your death to protest the war.
2. After being here, and knowing what you know, would you still join the Marines/volunteer for this deployment?

The answers were invariably the same.

They did not want their death to be used as a prop and they would make the same decision all over again. These young Lance Corporals and Non-Commissioned Officers volunteered to join the Marines, many with the intent of coming to Iraq. And while few would say they like war, they all recognize the necessity of it.

The Marines and soldiers who fight in Iraq are not numbers, but the media and certain groups are treating them as if they were. Number 2,000 was a national treasure, just as number 1,435 was and number 2,038 will be. For what is the value of a man who will fight a war for others who despise him?

But for those who are willing to take action, there would be no wall at all hold back evil and those men and women on the wall deserve more than a number.

http://www.facesfromthefront.com/content/view/137/3/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: