SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The SVPT "Energizer" goes on, and on, and...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: The SVPT "Energizer" goes on, and on, and... Reply with quote

Here's 2 brief snippets from articles that arrived simultaneously in a "Google Alert" today. Neither particularly earth-shattering, but both indicative of an ongoing focus on the impact of SVPT in campaign '04...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Mrs President

In an extract from his provocative new book, one of Bill Clinton's former key advisers argues that in 2009, America will have its first woman President - but will it be squeaky clean Condoleezza Rice or controversial Hillary Clinton?

Dick Morris
Sunday October 16, 2005

The Observer

<snip>

This grassroots domination of politics in 2004 began when the internet impelled Howard Dean upward so far and so fast that he almost beat John Kerry for the nomination. Then, when Kerry decided to build the edifice of his candidacy on the shaky foundation of his Vietnam record, the swift boat veterans, with very little money and no political experience, bested the Democratic publicity machine and brought the truth to the voters.

The Observer UK - cont'd

Quote:
PUNCH DRUNK POLITICS A In the Internet era of instant attack, are campaigns getting worse? COMMENT BY STEPHEN J. FARNSWORTH

It's a new world of political information--and disinformation. Are we better off?

Date published: 10/16/2005
The Free Lance-Star
Fredericksburg.com

<snip>

The original claims by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that John Kerry did not deserve his medals in Vietnam were, to many, quickly discredited by Kerry's fellow veterans--but the group's subsequent allegations received a wide airing online and in mainstream media outlets following the lead of Internet writers.

Fredericksburg.com - cont'd

One must wonder if and when the Mr. Farnsworths of the punditry world will, eventually, get around to contemplating just how allegations of the breadth and depth of the SVPT were so "quickly discredited" and whether ANYONE in MSM was even capable of or even disposed to an in-depth, informed analysis of those allegations.

As I've stated many times in this forum, I'm confident that there will be a significant analysis of campaign '04 done by SOMEONE who will DARE to tread well beyond such uninformed "analysis" as "...but they didn't even SERVE on his boat" or "...but his "fitness reports" contradict SVPT allegations".

Perhaps it must take another Kerry campaign to re-ignite that focus, but it will be one that commences from a starting point significantly advanced beyond the unexamined Kerry of May 4, 2004. What, for example, Hillary might do with the "new" Kerry "Curriculum Vitae" is an intriguing thought to ponder.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Me#1
As I've stated many times in this forum, I'm confident that there will be a significant analysis of campaign '04 done by SOMEONE who will DARE to tread.........

we here all knew a legacy was being made

I have to hope you are right, and then, in the final analysis….
history will rightly portray the Swifts as synonymous with truth

speaking of Hillary,, here's another reference to the Swifts,
slightly different vein,
link
Quote:
Sunday, Oct. 16, 2005
Clinton Delighted by Accusers' Visit

Bill Clinton was reportedly delighted to hear that two of his impeachment accusers are planning to visit his presidential library later this month.

At least that's what his spokesman Jay Carson said, when told that Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick plan to stop by the library on Oct. 26.

"We're always happy to hear about new visitors," Carson told the New York Daily News.

The visit comes as Mrs. Clinton rachets up her fundraising for a 2008 presidential run, a move Willey has vowed to oppose.

"I have some words of advice for the former first lady: Remember the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth," Willey said last November.

Since then the former Clinton fundraiser has secured a publisher for a book she says will expose Mrs. Clinton's role in trying to intimidate her from testifying before Ken Starr's grand jury.

Willey's "Target: In the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton," is scheduled to hit stores in August 2006, just three months before voters in New York decide whether to reelect Mrs. Clinton to the Senate.

"I want people to know what it was like living through the campaign of intimidation that she and her husband directed towards me," Willey says.

carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Quote:
Me#1
As I've stated many times in this forum, I'm confident that there will be a significant analysis of campaign '04 done by SOMEONE who will DARE to tread.........

we here all knew a legacy was being made

I have to hope you are right, and then, in the final analysis….
history will rightly portray the Swifts as synonymous with truth

I hope and believe you are right. I just don't look for it to happen in my lifetime. Crying or Very sad
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
......"I have some words of advice for the former first lady: Remember the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth," Willey said last November.

Since then the former Clinton fundraiser has secured a publisher for a book she says will expose Mrs. Clinton's role in trying to intimidate her from testifying before Ken Starr's grand jury. ......

I sincerely wish Mrs. Willey well in this endeavor. To be successful, however, she will need backup in the form of credible witnesses which I'm not sure she has.

The thing that made the Swift Vets' claims against Kerry so powerful was the depth of numbers of witnesses to his actions - or lack of actions.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: