SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"60 Minutes Sunday":WILSON SAYS VALERIE THREATENED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: "60 Minutes Sunday":WILSON SAYS VALERIE THREATENED Reply with quote

Sure Joe, show us some proof.
You just can't talk about it? So why are you on '60 Minutes?
Get a life, already!!

From Drudge Report:
Quote:
JOE WILSON, HUSBAND OF THE UNMASKED CIA AGENT VALERIE PLAME, SAYS THERE HAVE BEEN THREATS AGAINST HER – “60 MINUTES” SUNDAY
Fri Oct 28 2005 20:56:07 ET

Former CIA Colleagues say the Unmasking of Plame Could Cause Harm to Other Agents

Joe Wilson, whose wife’s unmasking as a CIA agent is at the center of the special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald’s investigation, said today that that his wife, Valerie Plame, has been threatened. Wilson talks to Ed Bradley in his first interview since Fitzgerald announced the indictment of I. Lewis Libby. It will be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday Oct. 30 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

“There have been specific threats [against Plame]. Beyond that I just can’t go,” Wilson tells Bradley. Wilson says he and his wife have discussed security for her with “several agencies.”

Former CIA colleagues say that by revealing her identity, harm could be caused to the CIA’s agents and operations. “If a CIA agent is exposed, then everyone coming in contact with that agent is exposed,” says Jim Marcinkowski, a former CIA agent who trained with Plame at the top-secret Virginia facility known as “the Farm.” “There is a possibility that there were other agents that would use that same kind of a cover. So they may have been using Brewster Jennings just like her,” said Marcinkowski, referring to the fictional firm the CIA set up as her cover that also came out when journalists, including Robert Novak, disclosed it.

Marcinkowski also points out, “[Plame] is the wife of an ambassador, for example. Now, since this happened…they’ll know there’s a possibility that the wife of a U.S. ambassador is a CIA agent.”

Another friend, once a covert CIA operative, says people who say Plame wasn’t in a sensitive position need to understand how intricate a cover story is, regardless of what an agent is working on. “Cover is…for a clandestine officer, can be different things at different times. We change cover. We modify cover based on how we need it. But that cover is linked together,” she tells Bradley. “If you start to unravel one part of that, you can unravel the whole thing.”

Rep. Rush Holt (D.-NJ), a former intelligence analyst and member of the House Intelligence Committee, agrees. “I think any time the identity of a covert agent is released, there is some damage -- and it’s serious.” Holt says it’s possible agents overseas could be arrested or even killed, but “if there were, and I’d been briefed on it, I couldn’t talk about it,” he tells Bradley. He did say he has been assured the CIA was mitigating the effects of the leak. “They have taken the usual procedures to protect the damage from spreading.”

Those procedures began the moment Valerie Plame learned her cover was blown. Upon finding out about the leak of her name, “she felt like she'd been hit in the stomach. It took her breath away,” said Wilson. Then she methodically went to work, he says, “making lists of what she had to do to ensure that her assets, her projects, her programs and her operations were protected.”

Wilson tells Bradley, contrary to reports that many knew Plame was in the CIA, that only he and three other people knew. “Well, very few people outside the intelligence community [knew she was CIA]. Her parents and her brother, essentially,” says Wilson.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threats issued on condition of anonymity Rolling Eyes

Besides, shouldn't a "super spy" be able to handle threats? Isn't that a way of life for the "covert?"
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just throw Libby in jail, right next to the rapist and the murderer, what the heck, throw in a kkk guy too! and for desert throw in a burgular that ripped off the national archives! Wink
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the guy who sold out to the Chinese..
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, Joe is on 60 Minutes (besides loving the camera time) to BUILD THEIR LAWSUIT.
Poor Valerie and Joe, they have suffered so much. And now she is even LIVING IN FEAR OF SUPPOSED THREATS!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the country won't even get to see it due to NFL games...
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need hip boots and a shovel. It is really getting deep. Wilson is just plain full of it.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's disturbing about this are these BS quotes:

Quote:
Former CIA colleagues say that by revealing her identity, harm could be caused to the CIA’s agents and operations. “If a CIA agent is exposed, then everyone coming in contact with that agent is exposed,” says Jim Marcinkowski, a former CIA agent who trained with Plame at the top-secret Virginia facility known as “the Farm.” “There is a possibility that there were other agents that would use that same kind of a cover. So they may have been using Brewster Jennings just like her,” said Marcinkowski, referring to the fictional firm the CIA set up as her cover that also came out when journalists, including Robert Novak, disclosed it.

Marcinkowski also points out, “[Plame] is the wife of an ambassador, for example. Now, since this happened…they’ll know there’s a possibility that the wife of a U.S. ambassador is a CIA agent.”

Another friend, once a covert CIA operative, says people who say Plame wasn’t in a sensitive position need to understand how intricate a cover story is, regardless of what an agent is working on. “Cover is…for a clandestine officer, can be different things at different times. We change cover. We modify cover based on how we need it. But that cover is linked together,” she tells Bradley. “If you start to unravel one part of that, you can unravel the whole thing.”

To the average person who doesn't know anything about the whole subject this sounds very much like a serious crime was committed here. But the day that Valerie Plame started driving through the front gate of CIA headquarters at Langley every morning and evening, she was no longer covert. The day she started doing this predated - by a significant length of time - her alleged outing by Robert Novak. What? A regular, known employee of Langley can get away with being "covert"??!! Give me a break!

But notice that CIA sources/collegues/friends are keeping up the fiction that she was covert. This is just plain lying!

Joe Wilson and his wife are a joke. But the fact that CIA sources are shown to be actively involved in the deception is very serious, indeed - IMHO.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
...To the average person who doesn't know anything about the whole subject this sounds very much like a serious crime was committed here. But the day that Valerie Plame started driving through the front gate of CIA headquarters at Langley every morning and evening, she was no longer covert. The day she started doing this predated - by a significant length of time - her alleged outing by Robert Novak. What? A regular, known employee of Langley can get away with being "covert"??!! Give me a break!

But notice that CIA sources/collegues/friends are keeping up the fiction that she was covert. This is just plain lying!

Joe Wilson and his wife are a joke. But the fact that CIA sources are shown to be actively involved in the deception is very serious, indeed - IMHO.

Anker,
to expand just slightly on your analysis...."liberal CIA sources/collegues/friends are keeping up the fiction that she was covert. This is just plain lying!"

I'd bet that if the "Media" ever talked to one, a non-liberal CIA source would agree completely with your analysis. Which is why you'll never see one ! Doesn't fit their agenda.... the "Media" and the liberal CIA 'sources' are in cahoots on this one, and will remain so throughout Libby's due process. I'd expect this to last thru, say just for the sake of making a point, thru about, oh, November 5 or 6 next year! Our lefty friends will use this as their political football to trash everything from Bush to Iraq, since it's the only Political Football (you had to bring up the NFL) that they could find to play with. Already saw Howard (scream) Dean airing his dirty laundry (only watched for a few seconds ....'bout all I can stand of that Pink Genius). Oh, and what I mean is that the trashing will last thru Nov. 5 or 6, the trial may never happen (no crime)....don't need no stinkin' trial!

Deuce
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me that just the other day I heard a Fox interview with former CIA who stated that Wilson ROUTINELY introduced his wife around D.C. as his "CIA wife". Wish I had caught the interviewee's name, but I didn't. sounds to me like wilson outed his wife himself.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
Reminds me that just the other day I heard a Fox interview with former CIA who stated that Wilson ROUTINELY introduced his wife around D.C. as his "CIA wife". Wish I had caught the interviewee's name, but I didn't. sounds to me like wilson outed his wife himself.

Yesterday, I heard G. Gordon Liddy say it on Fox's Dayside.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becca1223 wrote:
kimberly wrote:

Yesterday, I heard G. Gordon Liddy say it on Fox's Dayside.
Today, you definitely will NOT hear anyone say it on CBS' slicksty minutes!

Deuce
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to know about people who have been threatened, ask the women that Slick Willy fondled and raped. Ask Hillary if she knows anything about it.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was hilarious Friday- when after Libby's indictment and Fitz's super long presser Wilson's lawyer gave a statement from Wilson... and he said that Valerie and his family have not chosen to be dragged into the the public eye or spotlight (or something like that) and at that exact moment Fox had a split screen with the photo from Vanity Fair. Priceless.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I thought it was hilarious Friday- when after Libby's indictment and Fitz's super long presser Wilson's lawyer gave a statement from Wilson... and he said that Valerie and his family have not chosen to be dragged into the the public eye or spotlight (or something like that) and at that exact moment Fox had a split screen with the photo from Vanity Fair. Priceless.

Maybe it wasn't Valerie, but Joe's mistress or an intern in Vanity Fair. Fess up Joe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: