SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carter condemns abortion culture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Carter condemns abortion culture Reply with quote

Whoah! One of liberalisms high priests takes a sledgehammer to a cornerstone. This will not go down well in liberal-landia...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Carter condemns abortion culture
By Ralph Z. Hallow
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
November 4, 2005

Former President Jimmy Carter yesterday condemned all abortions and chastised his party for its intolerance of candidates and nominees who oppose abortion.

"I never have felt that any abortion should be committed -- I think each abortion is the result of a series of errors," he told reporters over breakfast at the Ritz-CarltonHotel, while across town Senate Democrats deliberated whether to filibuster the nomination of Judge Samuel A. Alito Jr. because he may share President Bush and Mr. Carter's abhorrence of abortion.

"These things impact other issues on which [Mr. Bush] and I basically agree," the Georgia Democrat said. "I've never been convinced, if you let me inject my Christianity into it, that Jesus Christ would approve abortion."

Mr. Carter said his party's congressional leadership only hurts Democrats by making a rigid pro-abortion rights stand the criterion for assessing judicial nominees.

"I have always thought it was not in the mainstream of the American public to be extremely liberal on many issues," Mr. Carter said. "I think our party's leaders -- some of them -- are overemphasizing the abortion issue."

While Mr. Carter has previously expressed ambivalence about abortion, his statements yesterday were "astonishing," said Robert Knight, director of the Culture and Family Institute at Concerned Women for America . "He has long professed to be an evangelical Christian and yet he had embraced virtually all the liberal political agenda," said Mr. Knight. "Maybe with Jimmy Carter saying things he never uttered before, more liberals will rethink their worship of abortion as the high holy sacrament of liberalism."

Washington Times - cont'd
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That guy can manage to offend EVERYONE!

Very Happy
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn, who listens to this quite possibly the worst President of the 20th Century anyway? Rolling Eyes
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this man a little credit, it isn't just the 20th century he was the worst president of!!!!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Nutso, it is nice to see you around and about. I do love your perspective.

This Carter thing is a bit much. Somewhere I read yesterday.... some Islamic website that 'diplomatic Immunity' does not apply in Muslim governed nations.

In the late 70's the Iranian revolutionary guard bombed the Iranian Embassy in London, they held hostage our entire Embassy staff in Tehran. Next the bombing of our Embassy in London.... some years later the bombing of three Embassies in Africa.

Mr. Carter did little but offer up a ill conceived plan to rescue the hostages, which when it failed put our entire military in a funk not surfaced from till after the victory of expelling Hussein from Iraq.

It is no wonder Jimmi now wants to talk about abortion, as it dissuades from the fact that he governed, and appeased over the era which first saw this World War of Islam come to light.

I can't wait to hear if any of the ultra liberal left who champion Carter and also Champion abortion rights will speak up against this statement at all.

Nutso, I knowing your highly developed sense of humor think you might find this link interesting. Be warned it is highly graphic and you'd best not have any food in your mouth or be holding a coffee cup at the time of viewing. It's a ''real player' video of dubious production:

http://jameshooker.typepad.com/jhpg/files/ArabCliffDiving.mpeg

It came from here: http://jameshooker.typepad.com/jhpg/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: