SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnamization of Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Vietnamization of Iraq Reply with quote

OK,

Now they've gone and done it...."limited rules of engagement"

Quote:
All of this has evidently taken a toll on U.S. and British troops, who are increasingly hesitant to shoot for fear of a court martial. According to a story in the London Times, British troops are dealing with World War II levels of battle stress and troop morale has dropped dramatically. As far as the U.S. goes...there is a new policy in place that is particularly outrageous. According to the new rules of engagement, soldiers can't shoot Islamic terrorists unless fired upon. That has to be reassuring to the soldiers on patrol.

The above from http://boortz.com/nuze/

While I couldn't find the direct link to the limited policy, perhaps one of you closer to the Iraq scene have seen it. My 2 cents is that this is how the casualties began to mount in Vietnam. I can't believe the joint chiefs would be so blind as to allow this to happen in Iraq. I can only hope this may have been a specific region policy (the green zone for instance), and has been attributed by an unknowing, uncaring journalist to the whole country.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong,

Deuce
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been an effort at Vietnamezation ever since it started and looked like it would be a success. The left, especially America's leftist, can't stand the idea of America winning and making the world better overall. They only benefit when they convince the world that America is evil and undeserving of any respect.

The press was crying about "quagmire" the second day of the Iraq War. Everything the leftstream media has done has been to denigrate American efforts there and cause us to lose. If a few thousand military members lose their lives, no problem, just keep blaming Bush.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has me extremly P.O.'d if true! Mad What? Take a sucker punch first? Court martial? We don't trust our professional soldiers anymore? The Generals need to go back to a line company for a refresher course and have enough brass b@((s to stand up to any politicians or JAG types. This is a DECLARED WAR on Terror. I do understand that an accidental shooting or renegade type troop situation would be parlayed into atrocities by the MSM. However, our troops damn well should have the right to fire first when they deem it necessary. They should have that right of self preservation without constant fear of a court martial. War is War and some mistakes do happen. Should we also court martial every pilot whose bombs kill some innocents along with the enemy? You sure as hell can't win by being overly politically correct. The damn MSM and anti-War groups use the U.S. body count to their advantage. The same ones that denigrated the U.S. using the body count in Viet Nam? Damed if you do and damed if you don't. Yes, the Generals need a refresher course!

And wasn't John Fng Kerry a grunt? His home movies depict him as one in Viet Nam. Didn't he shoot and kill a wounded man? Did he shoot him in the back? Let' use his policy. Maybe he should volunteer Laughing again to give some OJT to the troops. Maybe JFgK's chap-aquidick Teddy Kennedy could run for help if need be. Smile Seems he was good at that and swimming.

From what I read in the MSM, our brave personnel are being wounded and killed all the time, all over Iraq and Afghanistan. To me that definitely qualifies as being shot at in any occasion.

Along these same lines of thought, many veterans groups, including those who oppose this war, (i.e. VVAW) have fought for years to have veterans benefits granted on presumptive causes. Why in the heck don't those same anti-war veterans not fight for our active duty personnel on presumptive causes of death in war? Kill them before they kill or wound you. With that proven tactic, maybe there would be a much smaller need of veterans benefits when this war is over.
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: