SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRESIDENT DELIVERING A STEM-WINDER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: PRESIDENT DELIVERING A STEM-WINDER Reply with quote

Hooray!! He is answering the critics and ripping the LIARS!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESIDENT DELIVERING A STEM-WINDER Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Hooray!! He is answering the critics and ripping the LIARS!!

Already the Left is saying, in effect, "Well, we finally got to him so we must be right."

I could wish the President would have named a few names in the Congress in addition to his "opponent in the last election." The word "hypocrisy" could have been spread around a bit.

Also, the relationship between Saddam and Al Queda has been proven in detail. No mention of that, as I recall.

Don't get me wrong. It was an excellent speech. But another one to mop up loose ends must be drafted.

Schadow
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get out, I leave for a few hours and I missed it!!!

Thanks for posting Shawa....any other details?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
I never get out, I leave for a few hours and I missed it!!!

The White House hasn't posted the text yet but should be up shortly at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Schadow
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the President isn't exposing all the details for the protection of a witness? All of the "PlameGame" stuff is easily proven false and the reports I posted regarding Libya buying the Uranium for Iraq in a joint nuclear program seems legit. One of the reports says that Bush and Blair were going to expose the whole Iraqi scientists in Libya and the Uranium sales for Iraq from Niger in September 2004, right before the election. The only event that I can think of that happened during that time is the delay of Saddam's trial. Maybe they are waiting for the trial to protect their star witness.

From my earlier post
Libya Forged Documents and Purchased the Yellowcake for Iraq

Quote:

Later in the interview Loftus noted:

"It was THE major strategy. Qadhafi has now confirmed he is going to hand the Ali Sobree protocols over to the United States. Sobree, himself, is now in US custody and he is already scheduled as one of the first three witnesses in the trial of Saddam Hussein."

SBD
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
<SNIP> The only event that I can think of that happened during that time is the delay of Saddam's trial. Maybe they are waiting for the trial to protect their star witness.
SBD

I think you may be on to something. Shocked Idea
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "meat" of Bush's speech at Tobyhanna from Michelle Malkin:

"While it is perfectly legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began. Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and misled the American people about why we went to war. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgments related to Iraq's weapons programs. They also know that intelligence agencies from around the world agreed with our assessment of Saddam Hussein.

"They know the United Nations passed more than a dozen resolutions citing his development and possession of weapons of mass destruction. Many of these critics supported my opponent during the last election, who explained his position to support the resolution in the Congress this way: 'When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security.' That's why more than 100 Democrats in the House and the Senate, who had access to the same intelligence voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power.

"The stakes in the global War on Terror are too high, and the national interest is too important, for politicians to throw out false charges. These baseless attacks send the wrong signal to our troops and to an enemy that is questioning America's will. As our troops fight a ruthless enemy determined to destroy our way of life, they deserve to know that their elected leaders who send them to war continue to stand behind them. Our troops deserve to know that this support will remain firm when the going gets tough. And our troops deserve to know that whatever our differences in Washington, our will is strong, our Nation is united, and we will settle for nothing less than victory."

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003876.htm

Schadow
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be just the beginning of the Commiecrats getting their comupence and just desserts.
Glad it's finally started. I too have had just about enough of their lies. And they accuse the President of misleading the American people. I think the public is fixing to learn exactly who has been misleading who.

This from an E-mail I just got today from the Federalist Patriot.
Don't have a link to it. It's probably reprinted on their website somewhere but I couldn't find the exact wording the e-mail carried.

Quote:
(This Patriot Action Alert concerns the TRUTH about Iraq's WMD. Please forward this message to your list!)

On the heels of the "White House -- CIA leak" investigation, which concluded that no laws were broken (but charged one administration staffer with perjury), liberals are attempting to parlay that non-starter into a much bigger political brawl. Their charges have no substance, and are completely contrived to keep Republicans off balance through next year's midterm elections.

Sens. Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid and Dick Durbin have accused President George Bush of lying about Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction, insisting he "lied us into war." They are even floating the suggestion that he be impeached.

Here are their accusations:

"The Bush administration misrepresented and distorted the intelligence to justify a war that America should never have fought." --Ted Kennedy

"We all know the Vice President's office was the nerve center of an operation designed to sell the war and discredit those who challenged it. ... The manipulation of intelligence to sell the war in Iraq...the Vice President is behind that." --Harry Reid

"I seconded the motion Sen. Harry Reid made last week. Republicans in Congress have refused, despite repeated promises, to investigate the Bush administration's misuse of pre-war intelligence, so Senate Democrats are standing up and demanding the truth." -- Dick Durbin, who recently compared U.S. troops to the Nazis and Pol Pot.

Naturally, the Democrat's media lemmings are reporting these charges as de facto truth, but there is considerable evidence that these Demo-gogues and their colleagues believed Iraq had WMD long before President George Bush came to Washington. Here is a small sample of that evidence from the Clinton years:

Bill Clinton: "If Saddam rejects peace, and we have to use force, our purpose is clear: We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

Madeleine Albright, Clinton Secretary of State: "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and the security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Advisor and Classified Document Thief: "[Saddam will] use those weapons of mass destruction again as he has ten times since 1983."

Harry Reid: "The problem is not nuclear testing; it is nuclear weapons. ... The number of Third World countries with nuclear capabilities seems to grow daily. Saddam Hussein's near success with developing a nuclear weapon should be an eye-opener for us all."

Dick Durbin: "One of the most compelling threats we in this country face today is the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Threat assessments regularly warn us of the possibility that...Iraq...may acquire or develop nuclear weapons."

John Kerry: "If you don't believe...Saddam Hussein is a threat with nuclear weapons, then you shouldn't vote for me."

John Edwards: "Serving on the Intelligence Committee and seeing day after day, week after week, briefings on Saddam's weapons of mass destruction and his plans on using those weapons, he cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons, it's just that simple. The whole world changes if Saddam ever has nuclear weapons."

Nancy Pelosi: "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region, and he has made a mockery of the weapons-inspection process."

Sens. Levin, Lieberman, Lautenberg, Dodd, Kerrey, Feinstein, Mikulski, Daschle, Breaux, Johnson, Inouye, Landrieu, Ford and Kerry in a letter to Bill Clinton: "We urge you, after consulting with Congress and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions, including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

After President Bush was sworn into office in 2001, his administration was handed eight years worth of intelligence analysis and policy positions from the Clinton years -- you know, the years of appeasement when Saddam was tolerated, when opportunities to take out Osama bin Ladin were ignored, as was the presence of an al-Qa'ida terrorist cell in the U.S. -- which reared its head on 9/11.

In the weeks prior to the invasion of Iraq, Democrats, who had access to the same intelligence used by the Bush administration (much of which was compiled under the Clinton administration), were clear about the threat of Iraq's WMD capability.

Ted Kennedy: "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

John Kerry: "I will be voting to give the president of the U.S. the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. ... Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein."

Hillary Clinton: "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock. His missile-delivery capability, his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists including al-Qa'ida members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

Carl Levin: "We begin with a common belief that Saddam Hussein...is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."

Al Gore: "We know that he has stored nuclear supplies, secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

Bob Graham: "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has and has had for a number of years a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

For the record: Here's a partial list of what didn't make it out of Iraq before the OIF invasion: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium, 1,700 gallons of chemical-weapon agents, chemical warheads containing the nerve agent cyclosarin, radioactive materials in powdered form designed for dispersal over population centers, artillery projectiles loaded with binary chemical agents, etc. Assuming Irag had no WMD because only small caches were recovered after Operation Iraqi Freedom began is perilously flawed logic. That, in no way, affirms what he spirited out through Iran and Syria before OIF.

So, ask Ted, Dick and Harry, what is their real agenda?

One might fairly conclude that they are willing to reduce U.S. national security to political fodder by accusing the President of the United States of "lying." Problem is, the President had no political motive for Operation Iraqi Freedom -- only a legitimate desire to fulfill the highest obligation of his office -- to defend our liberty against all threats.

Ted, Dick and Harry, on the other hand, have plenty of political motivation for their most recent antics -- and all of America should look upon these disgraceful Demo-gogues, and anyone who supports this dangerous folly, as traitorous louts.

On Veterans Day, President Bush noted: "Today our nation pays tribute to our veterans -- 25 million vets.... At this hour, a new generation of Americans is defending our flag and our freedom in the first war of this century. This war came to our shores on the morning of September 11, 2001. ... We know that they want to strike again and our nation has made a clear choice. We will confront this mortal danger to all humanity. We will not tire or rest until the War on Terror is won. ... [I]t is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began. ... We will never back down. We will never give in. We will never accept anything less than complete victory."

"Deeply irresponsible"? He is too kind.

Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!
Mark Alexander
Publisher, The Patriot

Dusty
Demaris
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the Reuters article focuses on President Bush slamming Kerry and party, while completely ignoring the rest of the speech:

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada, who also voted for the war, charged that Bush was resorting "to his old playbook of discredited rhetoric about the war on terror and political attacks as his own political fortunes and credibility diminish."

Sen. Edward Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), a Massachusetts Democrat who voted against the war, called Bush's speech a "campaign-like attempt to rebuild his own credibility by tearing down those who seek the truth about the clear manipulation of intelligence in the run up to the Iraq war."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan tried to turn the tables on Kennedy, saying he chose "Veterans Day to continue leveling baseless and false attacks that send the wrong signal to our troops and our enemy during a time of war."

He said Kennedy has "found more time to say negative things about President Bush then he ever did about Saddam Hussein."

I especially like the part about Scott McClellan trying to turn the tables on Kennedy. Unbiased, much?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/pl_nm/bush_iraq_dc
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush's comments.

"It almost looks like there's a civil war in Congress between conservative Republicans -- 90 to 95% of the Republicans in Congress -- and the RINO Republicans who are using what they perceive to be the president's weakness to gut the conservative agenda."

“I think the president deserves our total support now and needs it. I know that some of you think leadership has been lacking and there hasn't been a lot, but sometimes you don't wait for leaders. Sometimes you become one.”

“This whole speech was, without saying so, an attempt to refute the lies and the revisionist history that is being put out by the left.”

“Don't go to the mainstream press to find any validation. You're going to have to learn to validate yourselves. If you have an opinion this was a good speech and you like it, stick with it, because you're not going to find that anywhere else in the mainstream big media.”
“The history of the holiday is one thing, but the reason for it is another. Two hundred and thirty years is not a lot of time in the scope of recorded history, yet during that span the idea that people are capable of governing themselves if they have the will to defend their freedom has transformed the world.”

“The profound impact of freedom on billions of lives is impossible to calculate. So, too, is freedom's cost.”

“No other nation in the history of this world has given so many sons and daughters to defend the freedom of others, too often without thanks from those they liberate. So to our American veterans, each one of you -- and to the memory of those who came before you -- thank you, and from all of us, God bless you.”

“I think we're just going to have to listen here to everything the media says and assume the opposite. The Katrina-Mary Mapes media.”

“The Jordanians are saying, ‘Burn in hell, Zarqawi!’ It's just refreshing to see people who get it. Here their country has just been bombed and they're mad at the guys who did it. They're not mad at the king, they're not mad at anybody else, they're mad at the people who did it. But the American left in this country cannot get mad at the perps, at the terrorists, at the people who commit these crimes against us.”

“Unrelenting propaganda has its impact. That's all the Democrats have been, that's what the liberal effort has been from day one. And what's been unacceptable and disappointing up to this point is the refusal, the unwillingness of the White House to fight back, and the unwillingness of congressional Republicans to fight back.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: