SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rep. Murtha (d) Calling for Immediate Withdrawl of Troops
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Rep. Murtha (d) Calling for Immediate Withdrawl of Troops Reply with quote

ugggh......Live at 10:50 am....

Must IMMEDIATELY redeploy

Iraq must be FREE FROM US OCCUPATION

Burden of war not been shared equally

Iraq can not be won

It is time for a change in direction, we cannot continue on the present course

American Public is way ahead of Congress on War

Going on and on about how badly we are doing!

after all this.....he attempts to 'personalize' his reason for doing this....recounts stories/visits to Walter Reed.

CNN is displying Murtha's Bio, military service, etc.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Cut and Run Coward? It doesn't make sense with Jack Murtha.

Last edited by GM Strong on Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Dems get behind him though, can they succeed?
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:

He is Democrat 12th District PA. It's possible with the resentment of PA voters to tax me more liberals right now he could be making a mistake. His demand is silly and unlike him.

Last edited by GM Strong on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll honor that warrior...but not HIS war.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:

If history is any lesson, the answer is "yes". Stop and think about it. The last "hot" war the US won was WWII. I arrived in Korea a short time after Harry Truman fired Douglas MacArthur, possibly one of the finest tacticians the country has produced, for the high crime of wanting to win the war. It is a fact that the Korean war is not over - merely under a "truce" in which North Korea has become stronger and ever more belligerent.

Bill Clinton enabled a war to develop in Somalia by refusing to give our troops the material they needed to even survive, then retreated ignominiously. Clinton allowed GHW Bush's humanitarian food relief program to become a nasty war which he then abandoned.

Clinton and the Dems take great pride in Bosnia in which they conducted a "war" far beyond the range of any enemy weapons and, in the process, destroyed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. The target of the "war" was to destroy Slobodan Milosovic who has languished in a sham court in the Hague ever since. Meanwhile, the countries involved are in just as much pain as they ever were. Nothing accomplished. By the way, Weasley Clark was Clinton's MacArthur in this one.

We all remember all too well the actions of Kerry and his ilk to deny us victory in Vietnam in spite of North Vietnam's admission that we could easily have won it if we had pressed our advantage.

Now we have the Terror War, a President who has boldly taken it on, and cowardly and treasonous members of Congress who are trying their best to surrender, claiming that "The American People" are behind them.

Yes, Kimberly, they can succeed. History proves it. May God save the United States. Democrats won't.

Schadow
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
kimberly wrote:

If history is any lesson, the answer is "yes". Stop and think about it. The last "hot" war the US won was WWII. I arrived in Korea a short time after Harry Truman fired Douglas MacArthur, possibly one of the finest tacticians the country has produced, for the high crime of wanting to win the war. It is a fact that the Korean war is not over - merely under a "truce" in which North Korea has become stronger and ever more belligerent.

Bill Clinton enabled a war to develop in Somalia by refusing to give our troops the material they needed to even survive, then retreated ignominiously. Clinton allowed GHW Bush's humanitarian food relief program to become a nasty war which he then abandoned.

Clinton and the Dems take great pride in Bosnia in which they conducted a "war" far beyond the range of any enemy weapons and, in the process, destroyed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. The target of the "war" was to destroy Slobodan Milosovic who has languished in a sham court in the Hague ever since. Meanwhile, the countries involved are in just as much pain as they ever were. Nothing accomplished. By the way, Weasley Clark was Clinton's MacArthur in this one.

We all remember all too well the actions of Kerry and his ilk to deny us victory in Vietnam in spite of North Vietnam's admission that we could easily have won it if we had pressed our advantage.

Now we have the Terror War, a President who has boldly taken it on, and cowardly and treasonous members of Congress who are trying their best to surrender, claiming that "The American People" are behind them.

Yes, Kimberly, they can succeed. History proves it. May God save the United States. Democrats won't.

Schadow

Thank you schadow. I know I must sound very niave....as I said on another thread, I know so little about history and am loathe to understand and accept that this can keep happening. Kerry intends to speak out tonight. I don't think I can stand to watch Sad

edit to add: He still wants to be President (cnn)....this time his platform is "I Told You So" ughhh
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Militarily we won in Viet Nam. In 1973 the Liberal Cabal led by Ted Kennedy, the Cape Cod Orca, defunded the Defense of the South Vietnamese forces and within months there was a complete collapse.

We still have people is Bosnia, which in the opinion of many cannot be considered a war per se as it was "fought" from 15,000 ft. We bombed a lot of mocked up targets and blew up the Chinese Embassy. What an embarrassment.

Last edited by GM Strong on Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like an optimist here:

somebody is reacting to Cheny's "backbone" remark and stepping out of the shadows with surrender or withdraw remarks.

I love it.
Both sides will guess how the public feels, and both sides will posture accordingly. (both sides of both parties!!!)
Losers will see the "bloodbath" come election time.

I'm confident that the current (slanted) polling data is out to lunch.
I'm thinking this might result in respectable elected officials from BOTH parties.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Militarily we won in Viet Nam. In 1973 the Liberal Cabal led by Ted Kennedy, the Cape Cod Orca, defunded the Defense of the South Vietnamese forces and within months there was a complete collapse.

We still have people is Bosnia, which in the opinion of many cannot be considered a war per se as it was "fought" from 15,000 ft. We bombed a lot of mocked up targets and blew up the Chinese Embassy. What an embarrassment.

I believe that we are winning in Iraq. Is it possible for the same thing to happen. For funding to be stopped?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

I believe that we are winning in Iraq. Is it possible for the same thing to happen. For funding to be stopped?

It is not only possible, it might be probable, under the guise of "cutting the deficit".
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
kimberly wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

It is not only possible, it might be probable, under the guise of "cutting the deficit".

Only if Liberals get control of Congress. All appropriations originate in the House and if Nancy "Stretch" Pelosi were running the show it would be over.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
.....I'm thinking this might result in respectable elected officials from BOTH parties.

The '06 congressional elections are the most critical in memory. As I wrote in another thread, a shift in the majority in the House of Representatives, with the commensurate change of committee chairs, WILL result in the beginning of impeachment hearings against the President. It may not go anywhere but the nation will be riveted, the Congress in disarray, and the last two years of Bush's presidency will be trashed.

One has to realize that all the recent commotion and rhetoric about the war isn't about the war. The left wing has literally convinced themselves that Bush "stole" the 2000 election from their hero, Algore. They even believe that the 2004 election was stolen by the Ohio Secretary of State and that Kerry should rightfully be president.

The desire to get revenge for these imaginary electoral crimes, plus the Clinton impeachment, utterly consumes Democrats. They have been frustrated in getting any traction until the gift of a war comes along. Now, all the pent-up frustration is spewing forth.

Just remember, punishing Bush is the prize they seek. We must work hard to keep the House in Republican hands. Free to conduct the Terror War, Bush will be successful. If, on the other hand, Democrats get to engage in an impeachment orgy, it's hard to see how the new Iraq can stay afloat.

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take, FWIW.

It looks as tho, despite the yelping of the surrender-monkeys, our efforts in Iraq are now paying dividends in terms of Iraqi self-reliance and a new direction for the middle east after 40 years of festering islamofascism. It is a REMARKABLE achievement...and one for which the Democratic Party can lay little claim.

The only political "spoils" left for them (assuming a phased withdrawal begins commensurate with Iraqi readiness, as has ALWAYS BEEN "THE PLAN"), Democrats are laying the groundwork to legitimize claims that they were (are) the moving force behind withdrawal of America's occupying forces.

In other words, when you ain't got nuttin' but lemons, make lemonade.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observation: in May of 2004, Murtha said almost the same thing except he thought we needed many more troops. He was wrong then and is wrong now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: