SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Death seeks Pardon (give me a break!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Dr. Death seeks Pardon (give me a break!) Reply with quote

My suggestion is hook him up to lethal injection, electrodes or a suicide vest and let do himself in. His choice of method. He can be his own last patient.

Kevorkian Lawyer Seeks Pardon in Michigan

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. - Jack Kevorkian's attorney is asking Michigan's governor and parole board for a third time to pardon the 77-year-old assisted-suicide advocate or commute his sentence.
Kevorkian is eligible for parole in 2007, but attorney Mayer Morganroth says he might not live that long. Kevorkian suffers from a number of ailments, including high blood pressure, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis and Hepatitis C, he said.

"The man is in dire shape," Morganroth said in a statement Saturday. "Prison has deteriorated him almost to the point of no return."

Gov. Jennifer Granholm has said in the past that she won't consider pardoning Kevorkian. Two previous requests with parole board, in 2003 and 2004, were denied, Morganroth said.

Kevorkian is serving a 10- to 25-year sentence for second-degree murder for giving a fatal injection of drugs to Thomas Youk in 1998, a death that was videotaped and shown on CBS' "60 Minutes."

Youk, 52, had Lou Gehrig's disease, and Kevorkian called his death a mercy killing.

Kevorkian has said he assisted in at least 130 deaths, but has since promised not to assist in more suicides if he is released from prison.
NoNaYet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

My father was an 82nd Airborne veteran. He was a Santa Fe railroad telegrapher in High School, an Apollo Program engineer, and a Shuttle Program manager.

He missed out on an Annapolis track scholarship because of eyesight and enlisted in the Army during the Korean War. He was a communications Sergeant.

He liked to build model airplanes and railroads.

After taking care of my mother who died of Alzheimer’s he only had a few short months before ALS made it impossible for him to care for himself.

Before he died he endured pain he could not respond to, and the need for very humiliating care he did not want. He told me he wished he could die, before he lost the power of speech.

He did not have that choice because it would violate beliefs he did not share.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: OK Reply with quote

NoNaYet wrote:
My father was an 82nd Airborne veteran. He was a Santa Fe railroad telegrapher in High School, an Apollo Program engineer, and a Shuttle Program manager.

He missed out on an Annapolis track scholarship because of eyesight and enlisted in the Army during the Korean War. He was a communications Sergeant.

He liked to build model airplanes and railroads.

After taking care of my mother who died of Alzheimer’s he only had a few short months before ALS made it impossible for him to care for himself.

Before he died he endured pain he could not respond to, and the need for very humiliating care he did not want. He told me he wished he could die, before he lost the power of speech.

He did not have that choice because it would violate beliefs he did not share.

My grandmother on my fathers side second husband was dying of cancer when I was around 6 years old. (my grandfather who was a WWII vet died before I was born to a drunk driver on the side of the road. Ironically, he was also drunk and pulled over to goto sleep, yet left his lights on and drunks tend to drive into lights)

When the cancer over took his body he decided not to take any pain killers or drugs other then alcohol. I was with my father when he had a full pallet of wild turkey delivered to his house. I asked my father why he was going to drink himself to death and he replied hes going to die and this is the path he chose to go out. As I got older I realized the severity of pain this man must of endured. Alcohol is a terrible pain remedy for cancer, yet he did not want to use 'drugs'.

Tough son of a gun. That is what we need to teach people or try to create in people. The character to be able to go out in that kind of pain is good for society. The easy way out for anything is nothing more then a cop out for every weak person of character within society.

NoNaYet, your father is yet another example of men cut from a different cloth we need to all hear about and learn from. People such as your father and others who chose the tough way out build character and strength in our society. Oprah crying on TV with weak people does nothing but tear the fabric of our country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: