SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Punishers' Ball - - Deuce Four

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: The Punishers' Ball - - Deuce Four Reply with quote

Quote:
After a hard year of fighting and nation-building in northern Iraq, the Deuce Four has finally and completely returned home to the United States, where they threw a party to mark the occasion. Distinguished guests flew in to attend what was officially called the Redeployment Ball.

con't here: Michael Yon
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great read about some GREAT Americans...Thanks...

and BZ! to Deuce Four!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Becca, very heartwarming!
And welcome home to the HEROS of Deuce Four, God Bless You All!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Willis had girl scouts of america open up their factory (or supplier) just to deliver 30k cookies for the troops out of season. When I saw Willis humbled by the warriors in that room, it gave me hope for our future in media as well as the great warriors to be who watch the media.

Good stuff!

Bruce Willis reminds me of John Wayne, WWII.

Lets remember to embrace those who support us in time of war as opposed to those who wish us failure.

A Patriot is a Patriot.

Some shed blood, while others make sure its not in vain. Always remember that!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, GenrXr!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up, re Bruce Willis & Deuce Four
(neat pics of him at the link above @ the Punishers Ball)

NationalLedger

Quote:
Bruce Willis Offers Million Dollar Bounty for Osama or Zarqawi
By CK Rairden
Nov 12, 2005

Tough guy actor Bruce Willis apparently wants to chip in on the bounties that are now on the heads of Islamofascists Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

A report to be published Saturday says that Demi Moore's ex will pony up a million cash in small unmarked bills (okay I made that part up) to any civilian who turns in the terrorist scum.

Here's proof that someone is watching MSNBC.
Page Six grabs the item from MSNBC's "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct" this week.

Bruce Willis is such a die-hard patriot that he's offering $1 million to any civilian who turns in terror kingpins Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. The hairless Hollywood he-man announced his bounty offer on MSNBC's "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct" this week.

Willis also revealed he was in talks to make a movie about the Deuce Four, the soldiers whose heroic exploits have been chronicled by embedded blogger Michael Yon.

Willis complained about media coverage of the war:
"I am baffled to understand why the things that I saw happening in Iraq, really good things happening in Iraq, are not being reported on."

Good man - many of us wonder where those reports are as well.

nice gesture, even tho there's already a 25M bounty, however it's the message he's sending --
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: