SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open letter to all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Open letter to all Reply with quote

The Senate and House votes last week on Iraqi freedom just blew my cap. I was never in-country, joined during Nixon spindown of the war, so I witnessed the media's manipulation of the public. I sent this to the Cinny paper and other major papers will follow.

All are welcome to add or redax as you see fit. But please flood the papers and blogs with similar comments. It is truly hauntingly. In fact, Murtha's comments were like a 2x4 to the back of my head.

Vietnam Déjà vu???

The question is: America - when will our returning soldiers be spat upon again? The media and political parallels have been hauntingly familiar between Vietnam and Iraq.

The news media is using the same roadmap used during Vietnam. We’ve already got Walter Cronkite clones in the media turning our Middle East victories into failures. Look at the success of Fallujah, Basra, the majority of Baghdad, the Kurdish North, the Syrian border towns. Déjà vu – the Tet Offensive was a huge military failure but Cronkite and spineless politicians were able to morph the VC/NVA Tet debacle into a US failure. Sound familiar, America!

The self haters of the 1960s used My Lai to turn the public against the noble goal of Vietnamese self determination. Today the same self haters, their clones and those who believe the USA is a fundamentally flawed nation, use Abu Ghraib prison for the same purpose. Given the opportunity, Abu Ghraib prisoners would shot to kill one of our soldiers or you or all of your children. Why??? Because that soldier and your child are the same in the their eyes - - Christian, Westerner, American.

America’s enemies in Iraq see “another Vietnam” as their best hope of defeating the juggernaut that is the US military. Our elected officials in Washington are becoming willing accomplices by requiring votes of confidence. Fortunately, the House overwhelmingly supported Iraqi freedom. The Senate showed the spineless body they comprise.

History proves that totalitarian enemies must be bludgeoned into submission. In both wars, Vietnam and Iraq, the United States confronts an enemy intent on pursuing a protracted conflict with an eye toward seizing power after the American military’s departure. Unlike Vietnam, we are now fighting a war against people who are capable of entering our country to inflict harm, i.e. 1991 Twin Tower bombing, the thwarted millennium bombing of Los Angeles airport, the 9/11 destruction of Twin Towers. Terrorists want to kill us, and a victory in Iraq will embolden them and deliver a huge momentum to their jihad.

America, I ask that you prosecute this war as if your children’s life depends on it!

Steve Herman alias fastrock
Union, KY 41091

Word count: 336
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Open letter to all Reply with quote

fastrock wrote:

<SNIP>All are welcome to add or redax as you see fit. But please flood the papers and blogs with similar comments. It is truly hauntingly. In fact, Murtha's comments were like a 2x4 to the back of my head.

Vietnam Déjà vu???

The question is: America - when will our returning soldiers be spat upon again? The media and political parallels have been hauntingly familiar between Vietnam and Iraq.

<SNIP>
the Tet Offensive was a huge military failure but Cronkite and spineless politicians were able to morph the VC/NVA Tet debacle into a US failure.

<SNIP>

I think I would re-word the sentence above in red ...
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastrock, I agree. You were talking about the wins in Iraq and then the TET offensive as if it were a US failure when I'm sure you meant that it ranked right up there with the Iraq successes.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur right thanks
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our men and women in uniform are in Iraq and Afghistan, because they stand between us and the harm our enemies would inflict upon us. They are doing a marvelous job. Freedom is not free and our men and women in the armed forces are making the payments that guarantee our freedom, safety and our way of life. They have my utmost admiration. The liberals and their puppet media, on the other hand, have only my disdain and loathing. They would sacrifice everything our nation stands for to further an agenda that is clearly anti-American.

Our forces in Iraq have NOT gone down in defeat like the press would have everyone believe. They adapt, overcome and prevail. We could ask no more of them than the impressive job they are doing.

It is not an easy decision to volunteer to be in our armed forces. And we do have an all volunteer military. These men and women know what is on the line and have stepped forward to meet our enemies face to face.

I applaud them one and all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: