SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"SORRY, BUT SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO USE WHITE PHOSPHORUS&a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: "SORRY, BUT SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO USE WHITE PHOSPHORUS&a Reply with quote

Mirror.co.uk
Quote:
The fact is that US Marines were fighting for their lives in Fallujah alongside our Iraqi allies, against a wicked and determined enemy who appear to have no limits to which they will sink when fighting and murdering.

I was in Australia this week at a conference on urban warfare and the commander of the US Marine contingent which cleared Falluja - a courageous fighter and good friend - told me of the numerous atrocities the insurgents were guilty of.

My understanding is that there are around 30 confirmed breaches of the international conventions by these terrorists - including the torture of prisoners in specially constructed chambers, booby trapping bodies, murdering civilians indiscriminately and using mosques and cemeteries as weapons dumps and fighting positions.

For the US Marines (and remember, the States have not signed the conventions restricting the use of WP) not to use all means available to counter these savages seems naive.

url converted/kate
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It serves as a smokescreen to obscure our soldiers when no other cover is available - in short, we use it to protect our men's lives in action.

But the debate about WP is shrouded in ignorance and error. It is important to stress at this point that it is not now - and never has been - classed as a chemical weapon.

It also serves as a smokescreen for anti-US propagandists. Nevertheless, it's out there and, as the author suggests, needs to be debunked with education.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW TO CLEAR A TERROR INFESTED TOWN AND STOP THE INSURGENTS IN THEIR TRACKS!

1. The town is surrounded and the residents are told to evacuate thru checkpoints!. All males are held at the checkpoints until their status is determined.

2. A three ship formation of C-17s loaded with live oversized Iowa hogs flies over the town and runs the screaming critters out the back in a carpet bombing pattern. The detainees at the checkpoints are allowed to watch several hundred hogs falling, screaming and crapping until impact.

3. Next a six ship formation of C-130 cargo planes flies over the town and airdrops six MOAB munitions packages over the town. Again the detained men would be allowed to witness this spectacle and be stationed close enough to feel the heat and concussion of the blast without incurring long term physical damage. Arab news agencies would be encouraged to film the event.

4. Finally the detainees are gathered together and told the US and Iraqi military forces are moving on to clear the next town and they are free to go.

With enough head start given to the detainees, our military forces would not have to clear the next town or any others and the insurgency would be over.

One must use every weapon at their disposal to achieve total victory. The fear of going to hell is the greatest fear in the Islamic world.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, PhantomSarge, you know how to waste pork. Wouldn't a few skids of Spam do the job?

Willy Peter? ....humped a few projectiles in and out of the 5 inch magazines. I remember an old army training/horror flick that included the errors of cleaning your rifle with gasoline while smoking and picking WP out of some poor bastard' back. It was a lasting and disagreeable image.

-Wlm Shakespeare
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Damn, PhantomSarge, you know how to waste pork. Wouldn't a few skids of Spam do the job?

Well Squid the Iowa Hogs provide more of a theatrical event. Now just imagine a three hundred pound Hog traveling down a couple thousand feet at 212 feet per second squealing, kicking and crapping all the way to impact.

Just as soon as the C17s clear the DZ a six ship C-130 formation drops six 10 ton fuel air combustion Daisy Cutters over the DZ to detonate 150 feet over the city.

I may be wrong but I don't think cans of spam would have the same effect on the enemy. Those Iowa Hogs would put the fear of God in them.

I bet we could clear the area for less than the cost of one cruise missile fired at a baby milk factory or a Chinese Embassy.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: