SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congressman Murtha, here is what a real hero has to say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Congressman Murtha, here is what a real hero has to say Reply with quote

Congressman John Murth has called for immediate withdrawal of our troops from Iraq. He seems to think that we are not/can not win the war in Iraq. The Democrats have pointed out that you are a hero because you served your nation for 30 years.
Well, Congressman Murtha, here is what a real hero thinks of your suggestion. In an open letter to Human Events, Congressman Sam Johnson had this to say:

"Our men and women in uniform need our full support. They need to know that when they're in Iraq driveing from Camp Blue Diamond to Camp Victory that the Congress is behind them--to give them the best armored truckes they can drive, the best weapons they can fire, and the best annunition they can use.

They need to have full faith that a few naysayers in Washington won't cut and run--and leave them high and dry. They need to know these things because that's mandatory for mission success and troop morale.

America--and the Congress--must stand behind our men and women in uniform because they stand up for us every minute of the day.

Any talk--even so much as a murmur--of leaving now just emboldens the enemy and weakens the resolve of our troops in the field. That's dangerous.

Howeve, sadly, some members of Congress want to embolden the enemy by saying we just cut and run. That's just irresponsible and unconscionable.

In case people have forgotten, this is the same thing that happened in Vietnam. Peaceniks and people in Corgress--and America--started saying bad things about what was going on over there. Let me tell you what it did for troop morale. It's a real downer, I just pray our troops and their families can block this noise out and know that I will fight like mad to make sure our troops have everything they need--for as long as they need-- to win the global war on terror.

Now for those of you who don't know Congressman Johnson, let me give you a brief bio:

Sam Johnson was an Airforce pilot for 29 years. He flew 62 combat missions over Korea and 25 combat missions over Vietnam. In April, 1966 Sam Johnson was shot down over Vietnam where he was captured and placed in a POW camp. He was tortured, almost killed while he spent seven years as a North Vietnamese POW. He was not released until February 12, 1973. Sam Johnson has been awarded two Silver Stars, two Legions of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Bronze Star with Valor (the real one), the Mreitorious Service Medal, four Air Medals, two Purple Hearts (and not for rice in his rear) and three Outstanding Unit Awards. He is the most decorated member of the House of Representatives.

So Congressman Murtha, while you were enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with your family, Sam Johnson was being beaten by his captors. While you sang Christmas carols and gave your wife a gift, Sam Johnson was being beaten by his captors and his wife cried. While you went on with your life, Sam Johnson lived in fear of losing his every day for seven years.

If anyone has a right to an opinion on how to best serve our troops and their mission, it is Sam Johnson, not you. And while you make speeches that embolden the enemy, giving them hope that the Americans will cut and run, Sam Johnson fights for our troops.

Sam Johnson has earned my respect, Congressman Murtha, not because, like you, he served his nation with a career in the military (29 years) but because he endured the hardships that come with having seven years of his life stolen by a enemy that could have been defeated had it not been for people like you.

I am proud to call Sam Johnson a fellow Texan. And I will take his words over your ANYDAY.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these were the words the MSM was spreading instead of Murtha's, our enemies wouldn't have a chance in hell.

What a shame on them that I haven't heard one word on the MSM outlets about what Sam Johnson said.

Dusty
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to find the Sam Johnson letter on the Human Events site at the moment.

Have not had any luck using the search engine on the site.

Well, what do you know, I tried Sam Johnson in the search engine again. only this time, I noticed the option below the search box that included view all authors.

I hit the view all authors option and found him in the list.

They sure do have a really good listing of authors.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the link to Human Events Online
Withdrawal Is Not an Option
by Rep. Sam Johnson
Posted Nov 23, 2005

Those were Rep Johnson’s remarks prior to the vote to Reject Immediate Iraq Withdrawal ( voted down 403 to 3) as recorded in the CongressionalRecord November 18, 2005 H.No.608, pgs H11011, H11012
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
If these were the words the MSM was spreading instead of Murtha's, our enemies wouldn't have a chance in hell.

What a shame on them that I haven't heard one word on the MSM outlets about what Sam Johnson said.

Dusty

Why would the MSM repeat Johnson's words. It does not agree with them.
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the MSM hatred of our president is so great that they would see Iraq in flames, run by terrorists, before the admit that what we are doing over there is good?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retire05 wrote:
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the MSM hatred of our president is so great that they would see Iraq in flames, run by terrorists, before the admit that what we are doing over there is good?

I am fairly convinced that, regardless of WHICHEVER GOP candidate had been nominated and victorious in 2000, the same process of demonization would have commenced immediately. It is not Bush that is hated as much as the unfathomable, unbearable loss of liberal political power and influence to the conservatism that he represents.

They, and their MSM co-conspirators, have the harvest of 40 years of liberal activism to safeguard and the shaming (again) of America through collective sedition is, in their eyes, a justifiable tradeoff. Let's hope that a viable and honorable America, true to its heritage, is left standing when the dust of this culture war settles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: