SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murtha Says Army Is 'Broken, Worn Out'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Murtha Says Army Is 'Broken, Worn Out' Reply with quote

The man has lost his mind. Sad. Go away Jack, you belong to the cut and run Moonbats. (__!__) The Liberal left quitters have gotten to him. In their world, it's over, we lost, quit now. Razz Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LATROBE, Pa. - Most U.S. troops will leave Iraq within a year because the Army is "broken, worn out" and "living hand to mouth," Rep. John Murtha told a civic group. Two weeks ago, Murtha created a storm of comment when he called for U.S. troops to leave Iraq now. The Democratic congressman spoke to a group of community and business leaders in Latrobe on Wednesday, the same day President Bush said troops would be withdrawn when they've achieved victory, not under an artificial deadline set by politicians.

Murtha predicted most troops will be out of Iraq within a year

"I predict he'll make it look like we're staying the course," Murtha said, referring to Bush. "Staying the course is not a policy."

Murtha, 73, the ranking Democrat on the House Appropriations defense subcommittee, expressed pessimism about Iraq's stability and said the Iraqis know who the insurgents are, but don't always share that information with U.S. troops. He said a civil war is likely because of ongoing factionalism among Sunni Arabs, and Kurds and Shiites.

He also said he was wrong to vote to support the war.

"I admit I made a mistake when I voted for war," Murtha said. "I'm looking at the future of the United States military."
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Too Old. Reply with quote

There comes a time for everyone to discover they can no longer do the things they used to do. That's the case with Jack Martha and his ability to be a Senator and a thinker. He's NOT a member of MY Marine Corps. He's lost it. Nap time, Martha. Devote your time to researching some long term care facilities in your area. Night, night Marhta.

And, just like JFKerry (I like FJK better), there probably would be no Bronze Star had he not been an officer. It was my experience the Grunts did all the "work".

Amos.
USMC Retired (or is that rertarded?)
0311 Grunt.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it just yesterday that ol Lurch was babling something about there was no one from the left calling for an immediate withdrawal and they didn't want a timetable for withdrawal, but a timetable for success?

Either he is a bufoon, or he doesn't listen to his own side either. I think we know that answer to that one Wink
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Wasn't it just yesterday that ol Lurch was babling something about there was no one from the left calling for an immediate withdrawal and they didn't want a timetable for withdrawal, but a timetable for success?

Either he is a bufoon, or he doesn't listen to his own side either. I think we know that answer to that one Wink

You answered your own question rather well if I may say so. Laughing Laughing
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

He's becomming a flip flopping joke again....the whole democratic party can't figure out how to get on the same page.....I caught the 'funniest' argument by Terry McAwful the other day. (it's funny how whenever 'good' things happen like Bush's speech, that in the followup interviews, democrats just can't talk fast enough or loud enough!) Anyway, talking as loud and as fast as possible, McAwful, in one breath, is in this huge rant about all the reasons we need to cut and run from Iraq immediately....and in the next breath he was in this huge rant about how it's all Bush's fault that Afghanistan is going to hell in a handbasket ... why? because, of course, we cut and run too soon!
I laughed myself silly....if only these morons could HEAR themselves.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
....the whole democratic party can't figure out how to get on the same page.....

Bush's speech at Annapolis has had the effect of tossing a sputtering grenade into the congressional Democrats' bunker. Amazing and delightful at the same time. They all split and individually ran to microphones before anyone got the talking points straight.

The President plans similarly forceful speeches for the next couple of weeks until the Iraq elections. If nothing else, the Dems' reactions will make wonderfull sound bites in '06. Laughing

Schadow
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's official, murtha has left the building.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Coulter weighs in...
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Ann Coulter weighs in...

Coulter is right on. Murtha has become a full-fledged supplier of aid and comfort. Just now breaking is a story of ten Marines being killed by an IED near Fallujah.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: