SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marine 'Gunny Bob' to broadcast LIVE from Iraq Jan. '06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olympian2004
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Marine 'Gunny Bob' to broadcast LIVE from Iraq Jan. '06 Reply with quote

20-year Marine Corps vet 'Gunny Bob' to broadcast LIVE from Fallujah, Iraq in Jan 2006

Just announced by Gunny Bob Newman on 850am KOA this morning while he is filling in for the vacationing Mike Rosen ... Gunny Bob received an email today from a 2nd Marines Division officer approving his visit to Fallujah, Iraq this January 2006 to broadcast his evening radio show LIVE. He will be leaving for Iraq on January 3rd or 4th and be in country until mid-January.

Gunny Bob is 20-year veteran of the Marine Corps.

This will be a can't miss week of talk radio! Gunny will get the REAL story from our men and women directly. He will also be calling in reports to other shows on 850am KOA while he is in Iraq.

The details will be posted and updated at Gunny Bob's website here: http://www.850koa.com/shows/newman.html

Gunny Bob's show is on 850am KOA M-F from 7pm to 10pm mountain time. To Listen Live just visit the http://www.850koa.com/ website and click 'Listen Live' at the top left side of the page. (No registration necessary and works best when using the Internet Explorer web browser)

You can email Gunny Bob with questions, ideas and suggestions for his upcoming trip, his show, etc. at gunnybob@850koa.com

---

Update from Gunny Bob:

I will be spending as much time as possible on ops and patrol, once again walking the walk, which I have missed. The 2nd MarDiv was very kind to accept me back for a visit, given my DAV status(50% disabled), but I will do everything I can to bring home the truth.

And my employer, Clear Channel, is very cool to agree to send me and, frankly, risk an asset to get to the truth.

---

Official Announcement from Gunny Bob's website

GUNNY IS IRAQ BOUND

Will Embed With The 2nd Marine Division

Gunny Bob always walked the walk as a Marine infantry unit leader, but for the last 4 years at 850 KOA, he has only been able to talk the talk. That is about to change in a big way.

You wanted the Gunny to go to Iraq and see first hand what is really going on there. The Gunny thinks that is a great idea, so he departs the USA on 4 January for Iraq, namely western Iraq in al Anbar province and scenic places like Fallujah. He will return on approximately 15 January.

While there, the Gunny hopes to have some live shows and also do some battlefield reporting.

Semper Fi!

---

*** NOTE *** I will keep this thread updated with the most up-to-date info. Keep checking post #1 as we get closer to January 2006.

---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: