SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My message to "HardBall"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: My message to "HardBall" Reply with quote

SBVT Questions Kerry's Integrity, I'm Questioning Yours

The tough-minded and "Hardball" host has seemingly gone mute when his journalistic instincts should be wet with inquiry. Mr. Matthews, as a long time fan of "Hardball," I am dismayed at your irrelevant and dismissive exploration of the SBVT (Swift Boat Veterans for Truth). Are you unaware that many are decorated Vietnam Veterans? Why did this cogent fact seem to slip your mind in the interview with Chuck Hagel? You not only displayed your bias (thereby conforming to a media establishment coup), but didn't even have the guts to question the insulting responses given by Senator Chuck Hagel. Why is the issue of funding relevant to this story? Isn't the truthfulness or lack thereof of these allegations made by decorated veterans against John Kerry the central issue? Did you expect George Soros to be the money man? How come you aren't addressing the central issue instead of trying to strong arm the president into condemning the ad? And don't you find it highly hypocritical not to mention contrary to your profession to make such a request? This country has been treated to several years worth of slander claiming this president's willingness to "chill" the free speech rights of American citizens with ex-VP Al Gore making comparisons to Nazi "digital brown-shirts" and Soviet "gulags." Does one even need to mention the bevy of Hollywood blowhards making similar asinine statements. And yet, within one week, the punditry and Democratic Party have simultaneously demanded that "chill" while intimidating TV stations into submission. You are a party to this deceit and assault on men who fought and shed blood for your right to free speech. Should the president be in the business of condemning the rights of Americans? And should journalists/commentators such as yourself be making that request without even addressing the issue at hand? Aren't you in violation of all that your professional undertaking requires? When Chuck Hagel claimed that the 527's were unaccountable, why was your response not, "Unaccountable to whom?" Americans aren't accountable to John Kerry or Chuck Hagel. It is quite the opposite. John Kerry and Chuck Hagel are accountable to the American people. This is the entire rationale behind the SBVT ad. That John Kerry needs to be held accountable to the incredible damage his words and deeds caused thousands of veterans and millions of Americans. John Kerry shouldn't be allowed to use an embellished record, a slanderous record to garner the presidency. This is the Decorated Veterans message. You are supposed to facilitate the free speech and inquiry of the American people and not find yourself cozy in bed next to the likes of John Kerry or Chuck Hagel. You certainly haven't found yourself cozy in bed next to President Bush when you felt the American people needed to know the truth. Last night, you failed and thus your credibility is damaged. I have a new name for your show, "DroppedBall."

Sincerely,
Josh -----

hardball@msnbc.com
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear that certain media types, in their desire to appear "in front of" every issue, may commit themselves to positions before they're even educated enough to offer an intelligent observation.

Once that is done, it is going to be almost impossible for them to publically "retract" or "rethink" their original assertions.

The media types are spring-loaded in that regard, and educating "Tweety" and his peers in the error of their ways is going to be a tough nut to sell.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made some excellent points - we read them here and go... 'uh-huh... yup!'

But, you're dealing with sound-bite mentalities when you send notes to media people

My suggestion:

Make one or two points in no more than three short paragraphs. Make the first sentence such a grabber that the screener is compelled to read the entire letter.

As O'Reilly (the rat! Wink ) says, "Keep it pithy."

Most of these guys have the attention span of a gnat. Wink
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Just the "Print Media," Chris? Reply with quote

You have made a dramatic turn since yesterday concerning the SBVT ad. Having listened to your show tonight, although, I was flabbergasted at your insistence that the "print media" must take up the dirty work in verifying the accusations against Kerry to the exclusion of YOURSELF! Did you take a peek and not like what you saw? Apparently so, but you are still willing to fail in your professional capacity. A failure that may effect millions of American lives. Do you take no offense in Kerry's strategy in using his Vietnam service and essentially daring the mainstream media to attack his "heroism?" Is your reluctance to pursue the truth tantamount to a conspiracy to withhold relevant information concerning the fitness of Kerry serving as CIC? Do you not fear appearing as a shill for a deceitful campaign? Or, are the potential reprisals to an ethical and professional "Hardball" host too much to contemplate thereby succumbing to fear and intimidation and requiring a renaming of your show?

Sincerely,
Josh -----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: