SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic explosives stolen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Plastic explosives stolen Reply with quote

Now we have a few hundred pounds of Plastic Explosive, blasting caps and primer cord stolen in New Mexico.

The news report I just saw on Fox said that authorities said there is no evidence of terrorists being involved.
Excuse me? What do they think someone would steal all this high power explosive for? Blowing stumps out of their pasture?
They will find this stuff after it's done it's work if they keep that attitude.

Dusty

note: I edited to reflect a reduced no. of pound of explosive stolen.

Last edited by dusty on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Plastic explosives stolen Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
The news report I just saw on Fox said that authorities said there is no evidence of terrorists being involved.

Regretfully, I expect we will see that descriptive applied as an automatic tag-line to ANY event that might even be remotely perceived as a plausible "terrorist" activity. The crash yesterday in Miami is another example.

It's a big country out there and bad things happen every day. If we've reached a level of national paranoia mandating terrorist finger-pointing for every one of these events, surely the "terrorists" have been more successful than I had hoped.

Let's keep the domestic terrorist bogeyman paranoia to a minimum until circumstances (and evidence) warrant otherwise.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a few things that trigger 'terrorist paranoia' in me #1.

The theft of a large amount of very serious explosive however just happens to be one of them.

The crash of a small seaplane, I'll wait for the results of an investigation.

Dusty
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty: This seaplane crash doesn't meet my personal defination of a crash. The plane exploded, a wing was blown off, and photo's taken by people on the ground show the wreckage streaming towards the sea below in a fireball plummeting from the sky.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the Christmas Season and enough plastique went missing to blow up your local Walmart or Mall. Of course the store or mall security forces are well equipped to detect and intercept terrorists at the entrance.

Last Christmas Season I could visualize a terrorist loading a van with bottles of propane gas and driving into the center court of a mall. He could then open one bottle and light a flame. I'm having the same vision this year with an explosive that is ten thousand times more powerful.

Of course there is no evidence the explosives were stolen by terrorists according to government sources.

So far we have seen a large quantity of dynamite missing, a couple of tanker trucks stolen, other associated bomb making materials unaccounted for and now the ultimate prize for your typical terrorist bomber.

Al Qaeda has a pattern of using multiple simultaneous attacks and now the resources are out there for that to happen in a big way.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, what I see is a 50+ year old aircraft, heavily laden with both passengers, cargo and fuel suggesting the possibility of structural fatigue, fuel leakage, subsequent fire and wing separation...a much higher liklihood than terrorist activity. Yet the media, in many reports I've heard, feel compelled to at least mention (if not just to merely discount) the "T" word.

I find this to be troubling. Perhaps it's just me.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge reported how in addition to explosive THOUSANDS of detonators went missing.

I love how know one's sure what happened, who may or may not be involved but, They're not Terrorists!

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: