SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re target

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: re target Reply with quote

dick forrey of vietnams vets is the one that sent out e-mail about target, if anyone can contact him can we get this message on swiftvets site, we need to get the message out and hit target where it hurts most in the cash register, I also think sean hannity should get this infor and also rush,
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the email in question is the one attributed to Dick Forrey, then check out any of the hoax, urban legend or rumor debunking sites. They have almost all devoted a section to this topic.
Target's policy is that individual stores can give out gift cards but not cash donations. Cash donations are only given through the corporate site and must pass some screening to weed out scammers and con artists.
Since they readily support the Marines' Toys for Tots program they can't possibly be anti-military or anti-Vet.

The email is in all probability just another internet rumor that circulates from time to time.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spin I heard was that they dont let the starvation army ring the bell for change. I went through a target store today(short cut to the liquor store) and I didnt see any bell ringers. Nor did I see any Cristmas words anywhere, I could be an athiest and I would be offended by that--go figure.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not one supports the Salvation Army or not or whether or not you shop or boycott Target is entirely an individual matter. But please, check these out before enlisting the aid of others in what could be a case of mistaken ire.

Reading the reasons given by Target sounds like they are heading lawsuits off at the pass, not a bad idea to me, given the ACLUs propensity to sue anyone over any little thing.

TARGET BANS SALVATION ARMY

Personally, I can't say I like the decision, but seeing that they have made exceptions to their own NO SOLICITATIONpolicy for years for the Salvation Army and are now worried about others using that exception to force their way into allowing Target to accept their "Bell Ringers" (which could include anti-war activists), it seems like a good business decision, although a tough one and obviously, unpopular as well.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart was the only business which was operating in LA and MS along the coastline directly following the hurricane, whereas Target is still closed in many locations.

Walmart had convoys of semis on the florida and texas path borders along I-10 as the storm was hitting while they waited for the call to bring the goods as well as the massive air conditioning units(for their tents and stores), tents, generators and trailers for their employees to live in.

Guess what Walmart did?

They gave all the goods away.

What did Target do? Not a damn thing. Most of their stores are still messed up or the people are so loyal now to walmart, they might as well close their stores.

Oh, and the bell ringers are out in force at Wal-Mart.

The story of Walmart and the hurricane Katrina is amazing and will be fully told one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: