SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

James Hooker: "Hanging Out With The Boys"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: James Hooker: "Hanging Out With The Boys" Reply with quote

James Hooker at Homemade Sin has composed and recorded a "Christmas Present to the guys and dolls who are up at the sharp end", "Hanging Out With The Boys".

I'd direct-link it, but he and his blog deserve the hits. Pay him a visit and give it a listen. Enjoy!

hattip: Mudville Gazette
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion. Anyone with any Military service in their family history will be taken by this song........ it's the real thing!

http://jameshooker.typepad.com/jhpg/

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greyhawk at "Mudville" has posted a second entry on James Hooker's work...(an SVPT forum member I'm proud to add Wink )...

Quote:
Christmas With Hooker
Greyhawk

We introduced James Hooker last weekend when the Grammy Award winner and "one of the 7.62 conservative entertainers on this planet" tipped us to his new song "Hanging Out With the Boys" - his "Christmas Present to the guys and dolls who are up at the sharp end."

James has one of those blogs where once you get started exploring you just can't stop. It doesn't hurt that almost every post has one of his original tunes...

Like his Christmas song for this year. It's called "You Can't do That", and it's dedicated to the folks at the ACLU. James says:

Quote:
The ACLU has found my very last nerve and I'm fightin' back with this song. Download it. Share it. Link it - The bandwidth is on me!

Sounds like an invite to me. Grab a Guinness and head over to the Christmas Party in Ireland with James Hooker - you'll be glad you did.

Then check out the rest of his Christmas songs here . You won't find any of these on those 4.99 CDs at the Wal Mart.

Of course, you might want to leave him a "Thanks and Merry Christmas" in his comments.

Mudville Gazette

While you're there, read a father's euology on the death of his soldier-son, SGT Michael "Mike" James Stokely. Truely inspiring, as are the comments generated.
James Hooker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I haven't been here in quite a while! Responces have been breathtaking!

Here's a copy and paste of what I just posted on my blog http://jameshooker.typepad.com/jhpg/

**MPEG4 Update** 20 December 2005

I am waiting. And waiting. Dial-up connection and a 27Meg upload....may as well type something on the word processor. Seems like I've done this before. A hundred years ago when we had coal powered modems. I've uploaded files twice the size on a 14.4 modem. Damn, that took awhile!

What I'm uploading tonight is an mpeg4 video of "Hanging Out With The Boys", in QUICKTIME format. I've never fooled with iMovie before today. It was fun. I did, however, mangle more than a few copyright laws by using images that aren't mine - but I don't have time and/or the resources to clear all those I used before Christmas...and this is a Christmas present! I'll just say that this video is NOT for profit. I'm making it available for servicemen and women and their families FREE OF CHARGE. As soon as enough hell is raised, I'll take it down. Until then, it stays. I hope you like it. - "Hanging Out With The Boys mpeg4" -aprox 26 megs.

-james hooker, Killenure, 20 December, 2005
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way cool James...downloading as I type (at 20.6 kb/sec Laughing ). My guess is there's someone out there with enough bandwith mojo to help you out with this.

Thanks for your artistry and your benevolence in sharing it. You make a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: