SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from England
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Greetings from England Reply with quote

I heard about this site from the Hannity Programme over the internet - well done to you all: I wish you well, based upon what I've seen during impeachment, the Democrat slime machine will stop at nothing to damage the reputations of good, honest men, if it assists in their drive for power.

I did mention you lot in an article I wrote about the death of honour, here is the relevant excerpt:

Quote:

From LINK

John Kerry has made his service in Vietnam the centrepiece of his campaign. There were no less than 5 separate mentions of Vietnam or military service in his speech at the Democrat National Convention. In comparison, he spoke of his time as a prosecutor twice, and specifically as a Senator twice. To put it another way, the 4 months he spent in Vietnam has been given more attention than his entire career as a politician.

The ins and outs of this military record are in dispute. However one question that is not being asked is if it is honourable for Kerry to be exploiting the military in such a way for personal gain.

Previous politicians with military backgrounds have been nominated for President; most recently, Bob Dole, who was severely injured in World War II, ran in 1996. However, while his military service formed a part of his campaign message, it was not the centrepiece of his bid, which rightly focused on his long years representing Kansas. It was beneath Senator Dole’s dignity to stride up to the Republican National Convention platform, salute, and say he was “reporting for duty”. It would have dishonoured the sacrifice of many of his fellow soldiers, to use the military to provide a method for marketing himself. However, Senator Kerry’s lack of honour in this regard extends so far as to publish photographs of himself and his “band of brothers”, when in reality, only one other officer in the photo actually supports him.

I truly hope that you will be successful in keeping this dishonourable man out of office. Best wishes and good luck.

Regards, Ivan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Ivan and many thanks to your countrymen bravely serving with our guys in Iraq. When I think of spineless Europeans I certainly don't include the U.K. in that group. We really appreciate the friendship of the people of Great Britian.
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloud wrote:
Welcome aboard Ivan and many thanks to your countrymen bravely serving with our guys in Iraq. When I think of spineless Europeans I certainly don't include the U.K. in that group. We really appreciate the friendship of the people of Great Britian.

My thanks. One thing that really worries me about Kerry is that he seems to think France is the only ally that matters. He keeps on going on and on about how the allies aren't with you. Well to use the American phrase, what are we, chopped liver? Smile

Best Regards, Ivan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, And I guess the Italians, Poles and Danes don't exist either. If you haven't heard the latest, Sir John recently stated that he has been given assurances by "European" leaders that if he is elected they will send their troops to Iraq to relieve coalition forces. Can you see the French or Germans sending troops to Iraq under any conditions?.
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloud wrote:
Amen, And I guess the Italians, Poles and Danes don't exist either. If you haven't heard the latest, Sir John recently stated that he has been given assurances by "European" leaders that if he is elected they will send their troops to Iraq to relieve coalition forces. Can you see the French or Germans sending troops to Iraq under any conditions?.

Here's some cold reality - the French and Germans are broke, and not willing to send cash. Their militaries are depleted, so they can't send troops. Out of the "European" nations, you've got Britain, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands in country. I believe Norway may have troops assisting as well. I honestly don't see how this situation is going to be helped by Kerry making nice with Chirac - all it is going to do is irritate those who are already irritated with Chirac, namely the countries sending people to fight and die alongside America already.

Regards, Ivan
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to here from you,I as well appreciate our British allies.France is an ungrateful nation to both our countries.I think they are honor less cowards. Tony Blair gets what is going on in the world . Chirac does not.
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26 wrote:
Great to here from you,I as well appreciate our British allies.France is an ungrateful nation to both our countries.I think they are honor less cowards. Tony Blair gets what is going on in the world . Chirac does not.

We should take heart from this at least - the furthest the French can extend their power is to annoy America and Britain at the convening of international bodies. It used to be England had to fight wars with them. Wink

Regards, Ivan
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real resentment that the French and Germans have is that they were making to much money by being in bed with the dictator Hussein in the oil for food program. And it is all coming out now but conveniently ignored by the main stream liberal press
mcb58
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had not been for Brittian and the United States of America the French would be speaking German today............

SEND THE U.N. TO PARIS, WE DON'T WANT IT IN NEW YORK Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

THE GREAT FIFTY-EIGHT
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the French is that they're French.

They won't assist in Iraq because it would cut into their profits gained through the Food for Oil scam that they were involved in.

Boycott France!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadIvan wrote:
McCloud wrote:

Here's some cold reality - the French and Germans are broke, and not willing to send cash. Their militaries are depleted, so they can't send troops. Out of the "European" nations, you've got Britain, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands in country. I believe Norway may have troops assisting as well. I honestly don't see how this situation is going to be helped by Kerry making nice with Chirac - all it is going to do is irritate those who are already irritated with Chirac, namely the countries sending people to fight and die alongside America already.

Regards, Ivan

Didn't Kerry refer to all the nations providing troops and support as the Coalition of the Bribed?
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're bribed, I certainly didn't hear about it. Bribed how? We've spent a ton of money on sending our troops and maintaining them there.

Regards, Ivan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God for England and Australia - all the other countries, too.

Thank you for joining us, MadIvan!

There's hope for the world when even Goth goes conservative. Smile
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Thank God for England and Australia - all the other countries, too.

Thank you for joining us, MadIvan!

There's hope for the world when even Goth goes conservative. Smile

We've been up and running for just about a month now - here's the lovely bit - there's more conservative Goths than you might imagine. Wink

But that's us - I have to say that I'm glad that the Swift Vets are out there: there is something bizarre and false about how Kerry has adorned himself in his military record. I mentioned Bob Dole previously - he did nothing like this. I know military people, they tend to be modest about their role in war. I'm one of those people who bought the box set of "Band of Brothers" - Major Richard Winters in the documentary portions of that set...he was nothing like that either. What the Vets are doing is vital, it's showing the hollow heart behind the Kerry campaign, and showing up the ruthless exploitation of the military on his part to further his personal ambitions.

I should add - if this hollow man becomes President, it will be bad for England and Australia as well as the United States.

Regards, Ivan
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I should add - if this hollow man becomes President, it will be bad for England and Australia as well as the United States.

you'll be fighting a two front war... EU to the South/East

Us to the West.

it won't be pretty.

so there really are a lot of conservatives in the UK, then. I guess i won't feel too out of place there next year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: