SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the psychology of a John Kerry or Jane Fonda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: On the psychology of a John Kerry or Jane Fonda Reply with quote

Dr. Sanity has it right:

I cannot escape making a diagnosis any longer. I have tried to give the Democratic Party and most of the Left the benefit of the doubt. But you see, the entire world revolves around their feelings; their outrage; their agenda. This is a Narcissistic Personality Disorder with both antisocial and suicidal elements.

As far as they are concerned, America can go to hell if they are not in control. In fact they desperately desire that it do so.

At the beginning of 2006, with the U.S. economy booming along; Iraq on the verge of a magnificent democratic breakthrough in unifying its disparate elements; the world a much more free and democratic place; no attacks on the U.S. homeland since 9/11--what we have exposed in its most naked and essential form in the Democrats and the Left in this country, is an unparalleled nihilism and mindless destructiveness that cares only for political power.

And on responding to this by being 'nice':

Kristol: Sector after sector of American life has been ruthlessly corrupted by the liberal ethos. It is an ethos that aims simultaneously at political and social collectivism on the one hand, and moral anarchy on the other. It cannot win, but it can make us all losers.

Those of us who stand against political and social collectivism and moral anarchy would do well to realize that we will never be able to win by being "nice". We have tried to negotiate; we have bent over backwards to understand and be tolerant. We have even tried to be politically correct and respect all cultures. Some of those cultures still want to kill us.

Some people in our own culture don't care if they do and hope for the worse.

Being nice and conciliatory does not work against the narcissistic nihilism we are facing both at home and with the Islamofascist thugs. This type tactic backfires badly. This tactic give the narcissists and the enemy --including the one here at home--ammunition to deconstruct the truth and distort the reality.

And deconstructing the truth and distorting reality is what they do best.

Read it all.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, who is Dr. Sanity and this link and where is the direct link on how Kerry is directly implicated?

As much as I hate Kerry, I would like to believe that the information on this site is rational and with merit and not posts that rambles of some one with a extreme right wing agenda that makes the SBVT look like a looney tunes spot.

2008 is not that far away and I hope everyone realizes that this forum is part of the SVPT and not just a chat room to be used as a liberal site and that it is not monitored.

I pray and hope that no one has to contribute a single dollar against Kerry if he runs again in 2008 and also I hope, that not a word on this site is used against us to make us lose credibility.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDL I didn't see where Dr Sanity's rant on Democrats mentioned Kerry ( or Fonda)

moving off the main forum...to Geedunk....
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
FDL I didn't see where Dr Sanity's rant on Democrats mentioned Kerry ( or Fonda)

moving off the main forum...to Geedunk....

Yep, sorry, belongs on Geedunk.

The author of that essay, Patricia Santy, a blogger, is an M.D. in psychiatry and aerospace medicine. She blogs as "Doctor Sanity."

From http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dgs/kensington/prev-events2.html and other links from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pat+santy+psychiatry :

In May, 2004, Dr. Patricia Santy gave a talk called “Choosing the Right Stuff.” Dr. Santy received USAF Flight Surgeon training at NASA and was directly involved in the selection of astronauts and the evaluation of them during their training. She is a prolific author of a wide array of papers and books dealing with psychiatry, the medical aspects and human factors involved with the space shuttle astronauts and the evaluation of astronaut applicants. Dr. Santy is the recipient of a multitude of outstanding achievement awards from various space exploration related organizations including the Johnson Space Center. She currently serves as an Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan.

I do believe the psychological analysis in that essay (linked in original post) is accurate. Importantly, it's neither a partisan nor a leftwing-rightwing matter and to believe so is to perhaps succumb to exactly the type of "distortion of reality" (in this case, the ad hominem of it being a "right wing rant") mentioned in the essay. Attacking an author does not answer to the merits of their argument.

I'd like to see a refutation of the psychological points raised in the essay and others like it, but haven't encountered any that would pass medical scrutiny. In other words, the diagnoses describe and predict the observed behavior, and arguments that are tangential to that point are - well, simply tangential.

I think the analysis is worth contemplating to better understand what happened in the 1960's, and what's happening today.

-- FDL
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put McCain in the mix as well. My Ex is NPD and this fits some of these people well.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
I would put McCain in the mix as well. My Ex is NPD and this fits some of these people well.

NPD = narcissistic personality disorder.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: