SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pelosi's worst nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Pelosi's worst nightmare Reply with quote

Thus spake Rep. Jane Harman, D-CA (Wilmington, El Segundo), ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Dec. 21:

Quote:
As the Ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, I have been briefed since 2003 on a highly classified NSA foreign collection program that targeted Al Qaeda. I believe the program is essential to US national security and that its disclosure has damaged critical intelligence capabilities.

Sounds like a trip to the woodshed for Jane. What's happened to discipline? We can't have rational speech coming from a Democrat, especially a ranking member of anything. This must be a ruse. Shields up!

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012741.php

Schadow
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a surprise, especially since when Gray Davis was running for governor against Jane he was the least insane Demoncrat in the race (which is why I voted for him). At the time, jane was the ultra radical leftist and Doofus, um Davis was the semi-sane Demoncrat.

I foolishly voted for Davis in the hope that I could help keep harman out of public office and thus help protect the country. Unfortunately, I didn't count on her settling for a smaller piece of the pie as a congresscritter from California. So we ended up with radical idiot Doofus as governor and Harman as ultra radical leftist idiot congresscritter.

Out here on the Left Coast we just can't win.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, wait a minute! If this quote is accurate, than Rep. Jane Harman is actually slapping her own party, the media and all of the wingnuts out there who have demanded to "get to the bottom" of the issue.

Her quote (my emphasis) "...I believe the program is essential to US national security and that its disclosure has damaged critical intelligence capabilities." clearly hits the nail on the head. The fact she admits to being in the know means she was BRIEFED.

About the only thing better than this would have been a follow on quote along the lines of "and I believe the leaker, Rep/Sen X should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

A step up would have been that the quote of Rep. Harman was covered by the media better. What a surprise the agenda didn't allow that to happen.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine that! Truth spoken by a Democrat. Laughing

GoophyDog wrote:
Whoa, wait a minute! If this quote is accurate, than Rep. Jane Harman is actually slapping her own party, the media and all of the wingnuts out there who have demanded to "get to the bottom" of the issue.

Her quote (my emphasis) "...I believe the program is essential to US national security and that its disclosure has damaged critical intelligence capabilities." clearly hits the nail on the head. The fact she admits to being in the know means she was BRIEFED.

-snip-
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to the political chatter today, Pelosi may be facing a real nightmare. It was almost like Able Danger the way messages seem to come from all over the place that a coup was about to take place to dump The Weird One. Sentiment is that the Dems are tired of Pelosi's incoherent and ineffectual rants and want a change.

Her second in command, Steny Hoyer, Fifth District, Maryland, seems to be leading the hounds. This is a shame in a way. Hoyer is more moderate and is for the war and business interests in general. We always seem to do better when the moonbats are in charge of the Dems.

Stay tuned.

Schadow
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretch is not a leader. She is a Nanny with a whip that tolerates no dissent in the ranks. Even a lot of the Democrats don't like it it much less her erratic blather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: