SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay Folds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Delay Folds Reply with quote

I am amazed. He is giving up the fight for leadership. Where are there any Republicans with cajones?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180965,00.html
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delay was told in very certain terms his avoidance of prison rests on his losing power.

I do not like Delay and have always thought he was a weak link in the House. I believe as a conservative we must always be beyond reproach. The problem is how manipulations are done. Democrats are without conscience and think of amorality as a strength, yet it is their greatest weakness. Republicans must always be morally strong even without the pomp and circumstance of the hollywood ball always bestowed upon the Democrat.

I do not think what Delay did in texas with redistricting was a good thing. I view it as evil and although this has been done all over the country with Democrat districts for over 50 years to protect liberals, I view the districting of amoral politicians safe seats to be the most damaging element of the new aristocracy upon our fragile republic.

Screw Delay and any other Republican who thinks by playing by the communists rules a flower will grow, as opposed to the rats they spawn.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tom DeLay, but I'm glad that he stepped down. His continuing fight only gave fodder to the Left and their mantra of corruption. I hope and pray he will be found innocent, and the despicable Ronnie Earle will get his just desserts.

IMHO, the scandal in politics isn't what's illegal, but what's legal. I.e.--A political system financed by bribery (huge contributions by special interest groups) and extortion (if you don't vote our way we will end your political career).

Term limits could end this abuse of the system, but apparently most of the electorate will not support this solution. Term limit proposals have usually been voted down when placed on the ballot.

Lobbyists should be stripped of their most powerful influence. They should not be able to funnel contributions IN ANY WAY to the politicians. They can argue the case for the importance of certain legislation or regulations, but the big money they can sway to political campaigns is a recipe for disaster and often negates the will of the citizens who elected them.

I think politicians should take contributions ONLY from INDIVIDUAL citizens and only from the States that they represent. Make the politicians beholden to ONLY the people who voted for them. Too many of them turn their backs on the little people who elected them in favor of the BIG MONEY special interests.

I know its all altruistic 'pie in the sky' thinking on my part, because $$$ is the mother's milk of politics!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: