SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murtha Is A Fool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Murtha Is A Fool Reply with quote

Murtha Is A Fool

Representative John Murtha is a fool! I hope that the democrats keep Representative John Murtha front and center for this entire election year. First, this veteran Marine, who has been championed by Nancy Pelosi, states that he would not enlist in the military as it exists today. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff, Peter Pace, is forced to admit the obvious: Murtha, as an official of the US Government is hurting the morale of our tropps. General Pace was diplomatic, but he was forced to say that Murtha is hurting the recruting efforts, and damaging the spirits of personnel currently in the fields. The Gateway Pundit has great coverage. The Mudville Gazette also gives great perspective to this story.

Secondly, Murtha was told off twice this week by a military veterans at a townhall meeting in Virginia. Sgt. Mark Seavey had the following comments for Congressman Murtha:

Quote:
"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause) Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn’t have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn’t come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That’s reprehensible. I don’t know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high.”

Thank you Sgt. Seavey for telling it like it is!

Rather than recover from, rephrase, or step away from his disasterous statements and publicity splash in December, John Murtha appears to be nothing more than a "media hound" who keeps inching toward the Howard Dean, anti-War, kook leftist postion. The "cut and run," "imeediate redeployment" view of the world has been soundly defeated and roundly criticised. However, Murtha, Pelosi, and Dean have staked out this philosophical territory for the democrats in 2006. Without a doubt, the repulicans will be able to benefit from this irreponsible and wholly indefensible strategy.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: