SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skerry and Co. Reach New Lows!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Skerry and Co. Reach New Lows! Reply with quote

Just now Britt Hume reported that skerry and co. [dummocrats] said, "should the democrats win the House back in 2006 they will impeach Bush for misleading the American people on the war in Iraq, which is un-winable."

I am fumigating!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Skerry and Co. Reach New Lows! Reply with quote

Doll wrote:
Just now Britt Hume reported that skerry and co. [dummocrats] said, "should the democrats win the House back in 2006 they will impeach Bush for misleading the American people on the war in Iraq, which is un-winable."

I am fumigating!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's more like this, (copied from Rush's site)

"Massachusetts Senator John Kerry said last night if Democrats retake the House, there is a solid case to bring articles of impeachment against President Bush for allegedly misleading the country about prewar intelligence, according to several Democrats who attended. Kerry was speaking at a holiday party for alumni of his losing White House '04 bid. About a hundred campaign veterans gathered at Finn McCool's bar in DC to hear John Kerry."

He apparently immeditely said "Don't tell anyone I said that." His hack asst. Wade said it was a joke. Some joke. Could Clinton be impeached again ex post facto for the same stuff??
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy

I stand corrected, and would not print here anything I did not hear for sure. I did ask my husband who watched the segment with me as we do every evening [old fogies that we are!!! Very Happy ] and he said that was how Brit reported it and I heard correctly. Maybe Fox misquoted skerry, but then, this would not be the first time a news organization beefed it up! Laughing

Thanks for the info! Smile

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you have to know it's on their alleged minds. A turnover of the House elevates all those "ranking members" (#2's is every sense of the word) to committee chairmanships. There is no doubt in my mind that an impeachment try would be made if for no other reason that to scuttle what's left of the second term. The Democrat leaders are insane for revenge over Gore and Kerry's inability to steal elections in '00 and '04. Governance is the last thing on their minds.

It is crucially vital to retain the House of Representatives majority in 2006.

Schadow
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Well, you have to know it's on their alleged minds. A turnover of the House elevates all those "ranking members" (#2's is every sense of the word) to committee chairmanships. There is no doubt in my mind that an impeachment try would be made if for no other reason that to scuttle what's left of the second term. The Democrat leaders are insane for revenge over Gore and Kerry's inability to steal elections in '00 and '04. Governance is the last thing on their minds.

It is crucially vital to retain the House of Representatives majority in 2006.

Schadow

I spend a great deal of time checking out sites dedicated to the left and talking to them on 'neutral' sites.... I'm extremely curious about their 'agenda' and I can say, in no uncertain terms, based on what I've learned, every attempt they have been making to discredit this administration leads toward an ultimate goal....impeachment. Kerry's mentioning this came as no surprise to me and, imo, he really wasn't joking. If they can, they will. Their newest ammo....Bush took 'responsibility' for sending our troops into battle with faulty intel and this new revelation about Bush's approval of 'spying'.

IF they are successful in gaining the house in 06 and an impeachment attempt is successful, what would happen re: Iraq?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, whether an "impeachment" would be "successful" needs to be clearly defined. Even "IF" democrats were to gain control of BOTH bodies by small margins (and THAT'S certainly arguable at best), whether the House Judiciary Committee AND the Senate would find both the grounds AND the bi-partisan support necessary to both impeach AND convict seems highly improbable at this point, IMHO.

While dabbling in and, perhaps, suggesting a reality of "worst-case" hypotheticals makes for good sport and great political theatre, it is a passtime engaged in by the weakest elements of the Democratic body-politic, the lunatic fringe of legislators appealing to the lunatic fringe of their base. Kerry's utterances in this regard are symptomatic of his growing political irrelevancy. Let him wallow in his cesspool of political desperation...his odor grows more foul with every defecation.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and so well said, thanks!

Now, when do we fumigate? Laughing Laughing

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
First of all, whether an "impeachment" would be "successful" needs to be clearly defined. Even "IF" democrats were to gain control of BOTH bodies by small margins (and THAT'S certainly arguable at best), whether the House Judiciary Committee AND the Senate would find both the grounds AND the bi-partisan support necessary to both impeach AND convict seems highly improbable at this point, IMHO.

In fact, considering that the Democrats have never had even 50% of the popular vote, I believe, since the mid 1970's, I think the congress members voting would be highly concerned about the electoral backlash when they themselves come up for re-election. An impeachment attempt would never get very far.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: