SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry's Wonderful World of Wrong Facts & Figures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: John Kerry's Wonderful World of Wrong Facts & Figures Reply with quote

John Kerry remains a bastion of inaccurate, distorted, or simple made-up (which might they be??) facts and figures:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5kt.htm

KERRY CLAIMS: 53% OF CHILDREN DO NOT GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL
Wed Feb 01 2006 10:43:40 ET

Sen. John Kerry claimed this morning on NBC TODAY that 53% of America's children do not graduate from high school -- a claim that raised eyebrows in the NBC control room, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Kerry made the comments after host Katie Couric asked the former presidential candidate about Bush's State of the Union call to train 70,000 additional teachers in math and science.

COURIC: He wanted to train 70,000 additional teachers in math and science.

KERRY: That's terrific. But 53 percent of our children don't graduate from high school. Kids don't have after-school programs... He didn't ask America to sacrifice anything to achieve great goals and the biggest example is making the tax cut permanent for the wealthiest people in America. The average American struggles to find time to take carry of families, working two or three jobs... It's a disgrace. He did not tell the real state of the union.

Kerry's 53% claim conflicts with a recent press release from the U.S. Census Bureau: "High School Graduation Rates Reach All-Time High"

And the Census Bureau's own website states: 85.9 Percent Of Americans Aged 20-24 Are High School Graduates. (U.S. Census Bureau Website, www.census.gov , Accessed 2/1/06)

Mr. Kerry, senators should do better than my computer's random number generator...

-- FDL
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when has Lurch ever been concerned with the truth? To elitist as he the ends always justify the means, just so long as he wins.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or that shows how out of touch he really is with the common guy...mow your own lawn, get up in the middle of the night to drive down to walmart or walgreens to get some medicine for you family....etc...
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurch is obviously mistaking Liberals for all Americans.
I'd find it easier to believe if 53% of the loony left fell into the category Lurch's uneducated masses.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed at the people of Assachuettes that continue to re-elect the 2 Ks, one killed a woman and the both of them are mass liars about their past. It seems both of them our the leaders of the Democrats biggest losing streak of their party and they continue to back them.

These persons? like Biden, Pelosie, and Dean plus the two loser Ks only care about being reelected and not about their party. They live in being elected and not about their Country or our life. Murtha is just a person wanting to be remembered after all these years for being important and has no clue in his last few years. 15 minutes of fame for him and that is all.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man O Man Komrade kerry is in never never land !!

and you can see the way he speaks he acually belives his own retoric !!!

The fact is he has no power !!!!! He could not muster a filibuster ! from the slopes ..lol

him & his fat whale buddy looked & acted like laurel & hardy !!!!!!

I listen to a lot of his interviews to see what he is up too. He keeps saying that he should have answered the swiftboats sooner..but the fact is he never has nor will never answer the charges. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53% of the children do not graduate from high school.!!! Hello !!!!

Gheesh makes me shiver to think how close he did come to being POTUS.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of days but am short on time.

Mr. Kerry...... Well I think he might have gotton his buisness mixed up with his African Amrican wife's buisnes.

On page three of this PDF document you will see statistics as to secondary school education per capita in Zimbawe.

http://www.prb.org/pdf/Illinois_Zimbabwe.pdf

Quote:
Seventy-six percent of Zimbabwe’s primary school students reach the fifth grade----- a slightly higher percentage than the 71 percent for sub-Saharan Africa overall. Fifty-one percent of secondary school age boys in Zambabwe attend secondary school: for girls the figure is 40 percent. These proportions are about double the rates for sub-Saharan Africa as a whole, which are 26 percent for boys and 21 percent for girls.

So me thinks Mr Kerry, I, his wife, daughters and any surviving hamsters might be bettter served if he does not speak with out giving some consideration to what endless incoherant blather can do to ones reputation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: