SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woodruff Family Statement (Classy)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Woodruff Family Statement (Classy) Reply with quote

This was a very nice and humble thing to say. Thank you Lee Woodruff.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1566144&page=1

Feb. 1, 2006 — "World News Tonight" anchor Bob Woodruff's wife, Lee Woodruff, issued the following statement in response to the support she and her family have received since her husband was injured in Iraq:

Quote:
Now that we finally have Bob back in the United States, on behalf of my children and the entire Woodruff family, I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming outpouring of support and love we've received from around the country and around the world.

Your positive thoughts, prayers and good wishes have sustained us over the last 72 hours as we have experienced the highs and lows of this emotional roller coaster. Bob could not have made the progress he has to date without the unbelievable care he received from the military in Iraq, Germany and now, Bethesda. Simply put, they saved his life. There are no words to express our gratitude.

We realize that our family is going through something that thousands of military families have experienced over the last three years since the war began and throughout our history. Bob's name may be more recognizable but his story is no more important. He would be the first to insist that the attention should be focused on the members of the U.S. military whose heroic actions he has reported on for years.

From the first moment, Bob's ABC News family has done everything and anything they could to support us during this difficult period. Bob is blessed with friends and colleagues who love him mightily. The feeling is mutual.

We are so encouraged by the reports we've received from the doctors. While the coming weeks will bring a number of challenges, we're confident Bob's strength and feisty determination will make possible his recovery and return to the work he loves doing.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed... This along with the incident itself would be able to open many more eyes about the 'real' situation over there for all of the troops involved (and of course journalists) to the public.. and hopefully the LSM istself.

I think he has earned the right to be highly recognised and listened to by john public, and hopefully he will inform the general public about what is REALLY happening over there (not a bunch of loonatic 'jarheads', as the movie implies, but professional soldiers fighting not only for our freedom, but for the freedom of people all over the world.).

And I DO hope that he recovers quickly and back to 100%
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...care he received from the military in Iraq, Germany and now, Bethesda.

Just out of curiosity, why is he being treated at Bethesda? I can fully understand why he was treated by military doctors in Iraq, but once he left that country, why was he being treated by military doctors (and facilities) at all?
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in the morning paper that he is being treated at Bethesda because of their expertise in dealing with head traumas. The same article said that the hospital bill is being paid by ABC.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in appreciation ABC will fund an endowment to build and maintain a special care unit at Bethesda or Walter Reed for the treatment and care of our critically wounded and their families. They could even name it the Woodruff/Vogt facility.

Any chance do you think?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homesteader wrote:
Maybe in appreciation ABC will fund an endowment to build and maintain a special care unit at Bethesda or Walter Reed for the treatment and care of our critically wounded and their families. They could even name it the Woodruff/Vogt facility.

Any chance do you think?

I'd sure like to think so. It would be a small price to not only get some good-will and viewership back, but would really help out the troops and military in general. (win-win scenario)

I was skimming this topic rather swiftly, and missed the "Maybe" above ... I hit the "Jump to" button, and then thought "did I just read what I thought I read?" ... came back, and now I'm disappointed.

Maybe ABC has somebody assigned to monitor this site, and will note your suggestion. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: