SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another armed incursion on U.S.-Mexico border

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Another armed incursion on U.S.-Mexico border Reply with quote

Quote:
WORLDNET DAILY--INVASION USA
Another armed incursion on U.S.-Mexico border

'It is disgraceful that American citizens live under the threat of a foreign army'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 2, 2006
5:20 p.m. Eastern

By Jon Dougherty

An American law enforcement officer and news crew in Texas have witnessed another armed incursion into the United States by men dressed in Mexican army attire, the second such incident in just two weeks.

As before, several men dressed in Mexican military garb appeared to violate the international boundary, in Hudspeth County, Texas, some 50 miles east of El Paso, local affiliate KFOX-TV reported today. There, the U.S.-Mexico border is separated only by a shallow stretch of Rio Grande River.

The incursion was witnessed by a KFOX news crew and Hudspeth County deputy, photos of which are posted on the affiliate's website.

The deputy and news crew were on the scene Tuesday night to film a segment about last week's incursion, when the law officer noticed more "soldiers" emerge from a clearing on the U.S. side of the border.

As the deputy and news crew watched, three soldiers emerged into the clearing before one hurried back into the concealment of brush, KFOX reported. But the deputy pointed out other, larger groups of soldiers engaged in a flanking action against him and the news crew, most probably, the deputy believes, in an attempt to figure out what they were doing.

"They are doing the classic thing, flanking around each side of us and actually coming up into the U.S. and trying to figure out what we are doing; they are looking at us very heavily," said the deputy, who was not identified in the report.

At that point KFOX reporter Ben Swann asked, "So I guess it's time to go?" and the deputy answered, "Yeah, it would definitely be time to get out of here."

The deputy chose to vacate the area because he was vastly outnumbered and outgunned, the report said.

Mexican officials have said their military is forbidden from traveling within three miles of the border, though U.S. border residents have repeatedly spotted mobile patrols of Mexican military units traversing roads that run directly parallel to the international boundary. Because of the stated policy, however, Mexico says the armed men crossing into the U.S. are paramilitary forces loyal to drug-smuggling cartels.

In last week's incident, Texas law enforcement officers and Border Patrol agents engaged in an armed standoff with Mexican military personnel and drug smugglers just inside the United States along the Rio Grande. The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reported that both Texas law enforcement and the FBI stated nearly 30 American agents were part of the incident.

Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department told the paper Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the United States.

Border Patrol agents called for backup after seeing that Mexican Army troops had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border – near Neely's Crossing.

The deputy involved in this week's incident said he identified what appeared to be a military vehicle partially concealed in brush near the Mexican "soldiers."

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal told the Bulletin. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Andrea Simmons, a spokeswoman with the FBI's El Paso office, confirmed the earlier incident, saying, "Bad guys in three vehicles ended up on the border. People with Humvees, who appeared to be with the Mexican army, were involved with the three vehicles in getting them back across."

Chris Simcox, president of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, a border watch group that assists authorities in securing the border, said with the latest incident "the government of Mexico once again has demonstrated their contempt for the United States."

"It is disgraceful that American citizens, including law enforcement, live under the threat of a foreign army that enters our country at will," he added. "It took the murder of 3,000 Americans on American soil for the government to take international terrorism seriously. With the Mexican army, drug smugglers, human traffickers and terrorists able to cross our borders with impunity, it seems that only the mass murder of Americans living on our border will cause the government to take decisive action to secure our borders."

In comments to KFOX, the deputy involved in this week's incident said, "If it's going to take a bunch of us getting killed down here on the river to show everybody that this is a problem, then its going to happen, one of these days it will happen."

More Photos Here

SBD
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to put the national guard on the border. we also need to start turning in companies and individuals who hire these people. i mow my own yard, not because i like it, but because of this. students can't rake in the money during the summer because these guys have driven them out of the lawn mowing business, they work at mcdonalds. constuction workers could get their jobs back, not everybody wants to do computer work or sales. oh, and it would be nice if people would stop all drug use. we, as citizens could do a lot to help, imo.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the National Guard. This seems like an excellant live-fire exercise for fire teams and COIN squads. If Mexico says they aren't here they can't complain if they go missing.

-Wlm Shakespeare
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Forget the National Guard. This seems like an excellant live-fire exercise for fire teams and COIN squads. If Mexico says they aren't here they can't complain if they go missing.

I think we still have a bombing practice range near Yuma, Arizona. (used to be Navy, when Miramar was still the "top gun" base)
I can't remember hearing about illegal crossing problems near that area, either. Wink
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb,

That would be the Barry M. Goldwater Bombing Range. It stretches some 150 across Arizona's southwest frontier. Translated from the Spanish it is the "Journey of Death". They typically find 100 bodies a year out there, dead from exposure. Without doubt it is the dumbest place to cross of the entire border. It is absolute stinking desert.

I worked just north of there off I8 when cotton had value, between two radars for Luke AFB's low fly exercise. Beer, arc-light and boom from the range was evening entertainment. Knowledgable illegals streamed up the SP right-of-way from Yuma.

Oddly, Goldwater had 6000 illegals living in cardboard to weed his cotton and pick his citrus.

-Wlm Shakespeare
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
jwb,

That would be the Barry M. Goldwater Bombing Range. It stretches some 150 across Arizona's southwest frontier. Translated from the Spanish it is the "Journey of Death". They typically find 100 bodies a year out there, dead from exposure. Without doubt it is the dumbest place to cross of the entire border. It is absolute stinking desert.

I worked just north of there off I8 when cotton had value, between two radars for Luke AFB's low fly exercise. Beer, arc-light and boom from the range was evening entertainment. Knowledgable illegals streamed up the SP right-of-way from Yuma.

Oddly, Goldwater had 6000 illegals living in cardboard to weed his cotton and pick his citrus.

I'm familiar with the base, but not as the "Barry Goldwater" base.
In August of 1970, I was working on an F8-J Radar system on the tarmac. I was up on the wing one moment, and the next thing I remember I had about 5 guys standing over me, and I was on the deck.
I got to spend the rest of that week in a nice air conditioned hospital room. I was told that the temperature (up on the plane, where I was working) was around 145 F.

Never did get off base to enjoy the entertainment though. Laughing
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The range was renamed when Goldwater died.

The place for local entertainment was Algodones in a tight corner between California, Arizona and Mexico with little to none border conrol. Algodones was not unlike Olongapo in those days.

-Wlm Shakespeare
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
The range was renamed when Goldwater died.

The place for local entertainment was Algodones in a tight corner between California, Arizona and Mexico with little to none border conrol. Algodones was not unlike Olongapo in those days.

Algodones sounds like a wonderful place.
What got me started on this site was somebody sending a clip from Kerry's book where he stated that there were dead bodies floating down the river in Subic Bay (i.e. Olongapo).

I made my first visit there apparently 10 days after Kerry's experience.
They sure cleaned up the bodies fast.

did Algodones have Jeepneys? Laughing
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWB,
I was turned on to this site when some talking head claimed Kerry's 4 months was two tours!

There was alot of **** in **** River and it would knock you over at low tide. Bodies, however, were reserved for the circle in front of the Liberty Line bus station where they could be noticed. As ever, Kerry was clueless.

Algodones had no Jeepneys nor trikes. They had Chevys built for the mexican market without back-up lights.

Admin note: Circumventing inappropriate language bans is neither difficult nor in keeping with our forum policy...we expect voluntary adherence from our forum members. 'Nuff said.../me#1

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: