SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayor: New Orleans will seek aid from other nations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Mayor: New Orleans will seek aid from other nations Reply with quote

It just had to happen sooner or later didn't it???

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03281051.htm

Quote:
Nagin, who has hosted a steady stream of foreign dignitaries since Hurricane Katrina hit in late August, says he may seek international assistance because U.S. aid has not been sufficient to get the city back on its feet.

And although we bought it way back when I think they have forgotten

Quote:
French Transport Minister Dominique Perben, leading the French delegation to a city that was founded by France in 1718, said, "This catastrophe has deeply upset the French people and the French government."

France, Perben said through a translator, "wants to be a long-term partner for Louisiana and New Orleans."

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one of these nations can instruct him on how to utilize 500 buses in an emergency evacuation getting drivers where he can.

How can anyone feel anything but contempt for this Mayor, seeing so many empty buses sitting idle in the yard surrounded by flood waters while so many people languished in the Superdome?
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mayor just keeps confiming over and over that he's a maroon.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At our company meeting this past week, I had the opportunity to discuss NOLA's situation and Mayor Nagin with company employees who live in the NOLA metro area. First, not a single one was offended when I described Ray Nagin as "your a**clown mayor", rather they to a person agreed Nagin is the biggest fool to come down the pike since maybe Jimmy Carter. I specifically asked a Mandeville resident where she sees NOLA being five years from now: she shoke her head sadly and replied "I just don't know."
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
At our company meeting this past week, I had the opportunity to discuss NOLA's situation and Mayor Nagin with company employees who live in the NOLA metro area. First, not a single one was offended when I described Ray Nagin as "your a**clown mayor", rather they to a person agreed Nagin is the biggest fool to come down the pike since maybe Jimmy Carter. I specifically asked a Mandeville resident where she sees NOLA being five years from now: she shoke her head sadly and replied "I just don't know."

"First, not a single one was offended when I described Ray Nagin as "your a**clown mayor", rather they to a person agreed Nagin is the biggest fool to come down the pike since maybe Jimmy Carter."

We need all of those residents back in NO to vote the fool out of office.

Bringing in other countries sounds like another attempt to humiliate and intimidate our Prez.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans has no mayor. This city has no leadership.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayor of New Orleans is a corrupt and egotistical jerk.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mayor: New Orleans will seek aid from other nations Reply with quote

Maybe Belgium will help. They make a great chocolate. Might help Negan make his "chocolate city".

USAFE5 wrote:
It just had to happen sooner or later didn't it???

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03281051.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: