SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Stewart on Larry King is a good example of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: John Stewart on Larry King is a good example of Reply with quote

Larry forcing his laughs. Not even Larry King could find humor in Stewart’s sophistic partisan humor. What is really sad though is how Mr. Stewart projects a solution to all of our problems. Bush is bad.

Bush is bad a solution? If he is an intellectual, please share your brilliant insight to a solution as opposed to our problems.

Stewart is a self-loathing hate monger who feels he has no talent and wonders how he makes the money he does producing nothing.

A lawyer once told me he sold his soul to the devil for a dollar.

Stewart thinks he has arrived in the world by hosting this Oscars, yet truth is people of this country of ours have contempt for this Oscars.

Hoffer writes, the scribes become unrest and develop contempt for the masses when they no longer have worth.

Stewart is definitely a scribe of no worth.

Sad

And Larry forcing his laughs? Well he sold his soul for a penny a long time ago.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A lawyer once told me he sold his soul to the devil for a dollar.

If the devil paid a whole dollar then he got cheated. John Stewart's soul isn't worth that much.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,
You've seen Stewart exactly as he must see himself in the mirror! And tonite should be known as "Night of the living dead", not the oscars! Given, that is, who is most likely to be watching. Any sane person with a life won't bother.

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
Yes,
You've seen Stewart exactly as he must see himself in the mirror! And tonite should be known as "Night of the living dead", not the oscars! Given, that is, who is most likely to be watching. Any sane person with a life won't bother.

Deuce

John Hinderaker at PowerLine did a short review on the Oscars:

Quote:
I'm a little surprised at how little commentary there is on last night's Oscar show on the blogs I usually check in the morning. Like, none. I'm not the best person to comment on the show, since I only saw around 20% of it--my daughters watched it, but they were more interested in dresses than politics--and I didn't see any of the Best Picture nominees.

I did, however, happen to catch George Clooney's little oration on what a fine thing it is that Hollywood is out of touch with America. This, he said, is because Hollywood is so noble; he harkened back to the era when Hollywood was cranking out pro-civil rights movies before America was ready for them. Only, no such thing happened. If Hollywood had been making anti-segregation movies in the 1930s, when they really would have been out of step with a significant portion of the American public, Clooney might have something to talk about. But it wasn't. The civil rights movies, like To Kill A Mockingbird, came later, after a broad consensus had emerged among the American people, and, thus, among filmgoers. And they continue to this day, when being pro-civil rights, far from being controversial, is practically mandatory.

The truth is that the movie industry has always had a herd mentality. Given the nature of the medium, this isn't surprising. Film is a collaborative art; many people and lots off money are required to make a movie. So it is fruitless for filmmakers to imagine themselves as artistes, living in garrets and producing unique works of genius that are out of step with the mores of the time.

In any event, the civil rights analogy avails Clooney and his contemporary liberals nothing. The movie for which Clooney received an award, Syrianna, isn't out of touch with America because it is morally superior; it is out of touch because it is mind-numbingly dumb. A film that takes the position that suicide bombers are good, America is controlled by corrupt oilmen, and the United States is the force that stands in the way of Middle Eastern democracy, isn't just out of touch with America. It's out of touch with reality. Which probably explains, at least in part, why it was a dud.

My only other observation is that I thought it was good that they got away from the custom of using a comedian for the master of ceremonies.

I would add only two things:

1) Jon Stewart wasn't as bad as I expected.

2) I could not reproduce the 'lyrics' of the winning 'song' here since the Admins would delete them (and possibly me). If "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" is the best song the Academy of the Depraved could come up with, it's suspicions confirmed.

Schadow
Snipe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon, AMC showed Steve McQueen in "The Sand
Pebbles". Now that's pretty good entertainment. I have no interest
in watching the "Hollywood" crowd indulging their own need to be
recognized - if only by themselves.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, AMC showed Steve McQueen in "The Sand
Pebbles". Now that's pretty good entertainment. I have no interest
in watching the "Hollywood" crowd indulging their own need to be
recognized - if only by themselves.

"Entertainment" is the key word. On the rare occasion I shell out for a movie, it's to be entertained. I do not pay to be preached at about social ills or the latest dysfunctional behavior that the film makers decide we need to hear about, or hear a message that the USA is a rotten place.

Schadow
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It figures that Snipe would like MM1 Holman. "live steam, dead steam, ok, wow" McQueen was a class act. By virtue of rating I'm partial to the skivvy waving Jack in Last Detail.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Snipe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, "Frenchy" was a BT1. (^_-)

"The Last Detail" - the movie - was much better than the book. It
ended when they got the kid to Portsmouth. The book continued to
dribble off to a cruddy ending.

Then there was James Caan in "Cinderella Liberty".

For my own viewing pleasure, "Harry Potter and the Gobblet of
Fire" is out on DVD today. That's the only movie of 2005 that I'm
interested in seeing. I'll go up to Sam's Club this evening and get
my copy.

Very Happy
crockspot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Stewart. Sure, he's a big lib, but he takes shots at the Democrats too. He's a comedian.

The sad thing is that the moonbats see him as a legitimate news source.

It sure is funny to watch the DUmb ones turn on him every few days too.

He is a liberal, but he's not the left's trained monkey.

RE: The Sand Pebbles

One of my favorite all time films. Right after the near-mutiny, when they raise the battle flag before attacking the blockade, still sends chills down my spine.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Sand Pebble #45 Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, AMC showed Steve McQueen in "The
Sand Pebbles". Now that's pretty good entertainment.

I first saw "The Sand Pebbles" at a theater in Balboa Park in 1967
as I was undergoing Swift training prior to deployment to Vietnam

As a result, once "in-country" we named our boat after the movie

. .
................... Take a tour of Sand Pebble #45 ...............................

PS: I don't think I'd name a boat "Crash" or "Brokeback Swift #45"

mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sand Pebble #45 Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:
Snipe wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, AMC showed Steve McQueen in "The
Sand Pebbles". Now that's pretty good entertainment.

I first saw "The Sand Pebbles" at a theater in Balboa Park in 1967
as I was undergoing Swift training prior to deployment to Vietnam

As a result, once "in-country" we named our boat after the movie

. .
................... Take a tour of Sand Pebble #45 ...............................

PS: I don't think I'd name a boat "Crash" or "Brokeback Swift #45"

Best site for people wanting to know about Swift Boats but I am kinda partial.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the tour rbshirley! That's a great site!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: