SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic edited and locked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Topic edited and locked Reply with quote

(Content Deleted By Admin/me#1)

I have deleted the comments in this post having found no evidence presented within which would substantiate the primary allegation. If I have overlooked something, please advise me privately.

This topic is obviously an actively contentious one and I am confident there are other venues on the internet where it can be pursued.

Please refrain from further postings on this topic within this forum.

Thanks for your consideration

Admin/me#1
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: DOB Reply with quote

Date of birth 1956? Completed SEAL training AND served in VN? Okie dokie.
Snipe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet that Jack Bauer could do it.

Very Happy
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Rolling Eyes Chloe Rolling Eyes when you need her?
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Baur can do anything and has way more than 9 lives.

I'm glad whenever a 'pretender' gets exposed for all to see. Another shame on him guy.

Dusty
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe,

love it when these guys get outed
AMOS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Stolen Valor Reply with quote

The book "Stolen Valor" is half full of stories about these phonies.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have imagination that runs wild and will take it to extremes.
One particular Viet-Nam Veteran took his imaginary stories almost as far as the White House, it was way closer than any of us thought it would be.
Well Pinocchio has nothing on Lurch that's for sure!
crusader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some debate over this particular guy that seems to indicate that VeriSEAL is dead wrong and may even have an agenda of their own to pursue. Not certain but I know several people involved and have met and spoken with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) himself as well as having discourse with people from VeriSEAL and I can honestly say that something smells "fishy" with what is said about this guy and the manner in which the matter has been pursued. I'm not at all certain that VeriSEAL is on the "up and up" after my research into this.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusader...welcome to the forum...and a caveat to all.

This topic will be monitored closely for temperature control...let's keep it civil.

Thanks
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this guys date of birth is correct:

(Name and Personal Information Deleted by Admin/me#1)

He would have been 17 in 1973 and would have just been able to enlist in the Navy. I doubt that he could have finished training in time to make it to Vietnam before our troops had left. Just my thoughts...

Viet Nam 71/72
Persian Gulf 90/91
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusader wrote:
I've seen some debate over this particular guy that seems to indicate that VeriSEAL is dead wrong and may even have an agenda of their own to pursue. Not certain but I know several people involved and have met and spoken with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) himself as well as having discourse with people from VeriSEAL and I can honestly say that something smells "fishy" with what is said about this guy and the manner in which the matter has been pursued. I'm not at all certain that VeriSEAL is on the "up and up" after my research into this.

You do not quote any source or documentation of how you think this is fishy or name any names. I do not think you are on the up and up until you document your statement. Give us a link or a site to back up your claim and what research did you do?

I have worked with groups of this type and they only wish to Honor the men that served and they should clear up the wannabes and expose the pussys that wish to ride upon the service of men that wish they had the courage then.

Until you show proof of your statement, do not make a statement against these groups tha tyou can not show proof. I am from Missouri and it is the Show Me State and now show me your proof.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusader wrote:
I've seen some debate over this particular guy that seems to indicate that VeriSEAL is dead wrong and may even have an agenda of their own to pursue. ... something smells "fishy"...

My experience with military veretans groups in general is that they normally have no axe to grind and tend to extend the benefit of doubt whenever possible. Of course when someone is discovered to be less than honorable, sKerry for instance, the house comes down on them. The SEAL teams are an elite group, proud of it, and rightfully so. One of the problems with a group like the Seals is that a lot of wannabes will fraudulently claim membership, so many so that organizations like VeriSEAL are needed to do the vetting needed to identify bonefide members from fakers. I don't think you'll find any agenda with VeriSEAL other than the search for truth.
AMOS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Red Flags. Reply with quote

"Covert operations" "Classified" Red flags of phonies. That's all.
crusader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mtboone"]
crusader wrote:

You do not quote any source or documentation of how you think this is fishy or name any names. I do not think you are on the up and up until you document your statement. Give us a link or a site to back up your claim and what research did you do?

I have worked with groups of this type and they only wish to Honor the men that served and they should clear up the wannabes and expose the pussys that wish to ride upon the service of men that wish they had the courage then.

Until you show proof of your statement, do not make a statement against these groups tha tyou can not show proof. I am from Missouri and it is the Show Me State and now show me your proof.

No, I don't quote any source. I am a source. I've been acquainted with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) since the mid-1980's and have trained at his school on several occasions. I've spent, if all the days were put together contiguously, probably a month or so in contact with him since 1986 or so. I've got my SCUBA certification through him as well as several other certifications (all with him certified as an instructor through appropriate professional organizations). At no time have I heard him make any of the claims that the article states and, as a matter of fact, he has always been pretty quiet about his background and will deflect questions (and always has, not just since this article came out). I have also exchanged e-mails with unknown persons at VeriSEAL and found them to be somewhat less than forthcoming with information but heavy on unsupported accusations.

As for your statement about how groups of this type only wanting to honor others...I'll have to take your word for it. I don't claim to have absolute knowledge of their motivations or intentions. I can only make decisions based on my personal experiences with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) and with VeriSEAL.

As for "showing proof"...? As I said above, I have personal experience in the matter. I can't show you a link to a web site unless I want to build one. I CAN tell you that (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) has all of the accreditations necessary to train law enforcement personnel (P.O.S.T. and such) and that, in no literature ever published by the (Organization name deleted by Admin/me#1), has any claim ever been made of a military background. The article makes it seem that (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) goes out and says, "I was a SEAL so I can train you" when that's not at all the case. As a matter of fact, being a SEAL doesn't qualify you to do anything of the sort and the implication that it does is downright laughable.

I'm from Missouri, too. If you want proof from me, perhaps you should ask for it from VeriSEAL, too. They would not or could not provide me with anything other than their word which, to me, is not enough. As I said, I've had too much personal experience with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) and others mentioned to believe VeriSEAL over them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: