SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

Headline item at Drudge Report.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040810/ap_on_el_pr/anti_kerry_book_1&printer=1
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge list of Corsi's quotations was posted here yesterday - there weren't too many that I'd disagree with.

He has to issue an apology to mollify the politcally correct among us, but honestly, what's so bad about what he said? It's frigging TRUE, for the most part and a matter of opinion. Who cares?

This isn't even going to be a blip on the radar, compared to the bombshell this book has dropped.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These attacks will fall short. Some may wince but most will focus on Kerry's fabrications and potential lies. The Cambodia thing seems to be very strong.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

Everyone needs to be very realistic here.
That will not be the only bad news that the DNC will drudge up. Make no mistake.....everything in every one of these honorable veterans lives will be turned over.
That was a given the minute they went public.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed by moderator. The discussion is Kerry and Swift Boats, not Catholics and Bush.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad part is these men and their names will be dragged through the mud...just because they they felt it was the honorable thing to do. John O'Neill said tonight that he was giving ALL profits from this book to charity. Not making a dime off from this book. I find it amazing that John Kerry has already been caught in one lie about Cambodia...waiting to see how he will spin this lie - probably was told he was in Cambodia. Funny how they are back tracking and will get to us. What other lies will come out...we will just have to wait and see.
truthseeker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the man could have been Grand Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan. who cares? Take note of same, but still irrelevant.

The question still remains......is he telling the truth with respect to these events?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthseeker wrote:
Of course, the man could have been Grand Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan.

No, that would be Dem. Senator Robert Byrd. Wink

Kleagle? Dragon? Wizard? Same thing....

(ornery tonight Wink )
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing but a brown book attempt to discredit all statements/opinions through past actions. In today's PC world, it looks bad to some of the hippy-tree hugging-dope smoking-NAMBLA crowd, but I honestly do not see anything wrong with most of the statements. Freedom of Speech? I guess for some..........
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, someone who actually speaks their mind!

What I thought was very telling in the posting:
Quote:
"President Bush (news - web sites) should immediately condemn this sleazy book written by a virulent anti-Catholic bigot. It says something about the smear campaign against John Kerry that it has stooped to enlist a hatemonger," said campaign spokesman Chad Clanton.

Uhm... Isn't Michael Moore a "hatemonger"... and worse - Instead of somewhat sophomoric banter taken out of context, it is hatemongering against America... the kind that can get bad guys even more riled up and get our brave men killed.

The Kerry campaign better pull their heads out pretty quickly. This is about much much more than partisan politics.

Instead of attacking a co-author's character and calling upon help from the President (can you belive these folks?), here's a suggestion... try refuting the case made by the book itself!

Oh, I see... you're up against a wall. By all means then, continue attacking the messengers - in itself, that speaks volumes.

SOTG
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet....Let's see all of Kerry's military records. All!
GW does not profess to be a war hero. He stands on his record of what he has done for this country in 4 years.
Doesn't Mr. Kerry have anything in his record of 30 years of political service that he wants us to stand up and take notice of?
Let's talk about facts and issues....Let's talk about what the record of these two men serving this nation in their political life has been.
I am not gonna waste my time anymore on all these side issues of...."Were these guys actually on the same boat?" "Where is the money trail?"
Let those without sin cast the first stone!!!!!!
There isn't a liberal out there who's argument is credible when they bring these arguments up considering their own backyard politics.
When will they figure that out?
These questions just make them look small and stupid.
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad News Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Headline item at Drudge Report.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040810/ap_on_el_pr/anti_kerry_book_1&printer=1

So what. Yet another feeble ad-hominem attack that Americans will see as Democrats playing filthy dirty.

Corsi performed an editorial function based on facts given in SwiftVet testimonial, not invent facts in the book.

FDL
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this on Free Republic, but I'll put this term out here as well:

This in England is called "playing the man, not the ball". Because they're going to have a very, very difficult time assaulting the facts that the veterans have presented, they will try and pick off the vets and their supporters one by one on "character issues", in an effort to make the public focus on the man, rather than the "ball".

It's a cheap, dirty tactic. Mr. Kerry is running for President, nor Mr. Corsi. Mr. Corsi's statements on FR are irrelevant, so long as the facts that the veterans are presenting are true, which they are. All in all, the playing of the man not the ball just shows how few facts they have. It's a mark of desperation.

Hold steady.

Regards, Ivan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with quite a few of his statements, however they are not P.C. which is what gets the media fired up. Lol, I'll show them PC!
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Corsi, who described himself as a "devout Catholic," said the comments are being taken out of context. "I considered them a joke," said Corsi

Hey, I'm a "devout Catholic" too. I know the frustrations Corsi has with the Church are shared by many Catholics. Place Corsi's comments in the context of the times. I understand his lashing out and frustration with the Church and I would not hold him accountable for his anger. His remarks toward Islam should be taken in a similar vein.

The comments almost parrallel what the SwiftVets are trying to do with this board. Corsi cites recent failures of leadership in the Catholic Church and Islam. One of faith's greatest components is trust. Trust in a leader to deliver the truth. When a leader lies or shirks his duty, religious or secular, his followers obviously feel betrayed. That betrayal manifiests itself in many ways.

Don't we feel a betrayal from Kerry? Have we said a few things that are perhaps a bit emotional? Probably. But just because you get angry sometimes, it does not mean you are disqulaified from being able to make objective and informed decisions.

When I am done seeing red, I still don't like John Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: