SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard to believe the Soviet Union lost the Cold War...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Hard to believe the Soviet Union lost the Cold War... Reply with quote

with leftist military personnel like this guy in the State Department.

You know, I hate critiquing an ex-military person...but with losers like this, it's unavoidable.

How is it that the Soviet Union didn't win with people like this in power? Amazing.

And Colin Powell should be taken to task for appointing such an idiot and lunatic as this for Chief of Staff. What does that say about Powell? (not to mention that this guy was likely just a glorified secretary who thinks he has important ideas but really just has an attitude problem).

Is U.S. being transformed into a radical republic?

Baltimore Sun

... In January 2001, with the inauguration of George W. Bush as president, America set on a path to cease being good; America became a revolutionary nation, a radical republic. If our country continues on this path, it will cease to be great - as happened to all great powers before it, without exception.

From the Kyoto accords to the International Criminal Court, from torture and cruel and unusual treatment of prisoners to rendition of innocent civilians, from illegal domestic surveillance to lies about leaking, from energy ineptitude to denial of global warming, from cherry-picking intelligence to appointing a martinet and a tyrant to run the Defense Department, the Bush administration, in the name of fighting terrorism, has put America on the radical path to ruin ...

...First, it was Mr. Perle and people such as he who put us where we are today, not the terrorists of 9/11.

... We can halt the precipitate slide in our standing around the world, convince the majority of the Islamic world that we can and must co-exist - and eventually prosper together - and at the same time confront, confound and defeat the small element in Islam's midst that lives to murder innocents, Christian, Jew and Muslim alike.

Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, a visiting professor of government at the College of William and Mary in Virginia, was chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin L. Powell from 2002 to 2005. His e-mail is wilkerlb@aol.com
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately General Officer material. I wonder why his Star never shined.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Independent that leans right of center.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard to believe the Soviet Union lost the Cold War... Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

And Colin Powell should be taken to task for appointing such an idiot and lunatic as this for Chief of Staff. What does that say about Powell? (not to mention that this guy was likely just a glorified secretary who thinks he has important ideas but really just has an attitude problem).

Colin Powell is a Republican (?) who doesn't believe in the Second Amendment. He was quoted several years ago saying that only the police and military should have access to weapons.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard to believe the Soviet Union lost the Cold War... Reply with quote

LimaCharlie wrote:

Colin Powell is a Republican (?) who doesn't believe in the Second Amendment. He was quoted several years ago saying that only the police and military should have access to weapons.
Don't confuse the Republican-Democrat thing with the Conservative-Liberal thing. Powell is a Liberal Republican like John McCain. A good example of a Conservative Democrat would be Zell Miller. Colin Powell is and has been a Liberal; he just happens to also be a Republican.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Powell and John McCain are the MSM's favorite Republicans. Thats all you need to know about either.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hard to believe the Soviet Union lost the Cold War... Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
LimaCharlie wrote:

Don't confuse the Republican-Democrat thing with the Conservative-Liberal thing. Powell is a Liberal Republican like John McCain. A good example of a Conservative Democrat would be Zell Miller. Colin Powell is and has been a Liberal; he just happens to also be a Republican.

Sadly, this is very true and the current Republican Party is very liberal. George Bush and his administration are actually more liberal then John F. Kennedy's administration, which many honest political observers would agree was the last Democrat administration to care for our country.

As a conservative I am left grudgingly voting Republican, yet really wish there was a conservative alternative, although one problem I have with the conservatives is their position on education. They will all declare how much they desire for the masses to be educated, yet within the highest levels of position regardless of socio-economic, ideological or class there is a common bond to keep the masses dumbed down.

I have a serious problem with this and have been advocating vouchers and competition within the school system for over 10 years and recently after reading Hoffers arguments on education agree the trade skills should be included within the system. This should calm the honest conservative’s misgivings on creating a nation of scribes.

Our true worry in these days of multi-culturalism, NEA education, moral relativism and political correctness is the truth that the Democratic Party supports all these societal ills regardless and often with hope of ruin to our nation.

Make no mistake if our country fails to address these ills the entire world will fall into a dark age, which will make medieval times look like a Sunday brunch at the park.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note: I have deleted several posts from this thread so as to focus on the rather serious considerations of FDL's original post. Please try to refrain from the addition of "one liners" when issues of some import are being discussed. Thanks in advance/me#1
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Buffalojack - I sometimes forget to check things like that (rep vs conservative / dem/ liberal); Powell has confused me sometimes - that's why!

I think this dude is just another of the far left - setting Bush up.

sure sounds to me like a bunch of people are working together to bring
down a presidency.

Bush must really scare them - with all the good he is doing. Not that
I agree with everything Bush says or does. He has ME really p o'd
right now about this illegal / immigration stuff.

and they're probably ticked that they haven't been able to catch him
involved with an intern ....

and wouldn't be surprised if Teddy isn't ticked that there's been 2 Bush presidents instead of 2 with the name Kennedy.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
thanks Buffalojack - I sometimes forget to check things like that (rep vs conservative / dem/ liberal); Powell has confused me sometimes - that's why!

One wonders just how much sabotage of Powell was caused by this Chief of Staff.

One also wonders if this Chief of Staff has become a super-Dhimmi due to the Arab money that has been reported to flow to 'retired' officials. Or perhaps he has simply lost his mind.

-- FDL
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Stevie wrote:

One wonders just how much sabotage of Powell was caused by this Chief of Staff.

One also wonders if this Chief of Staff has become a super-Dhimmi due to the Arab money that has been reported to flow to 'retired' officials. Or perhaps he has simply lost his mind.

-- FDL

Quote:
Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, a visiting professor of government at the College of William and Mary in Virginia, was chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin L. Powell from 2002 to 2005.

Aren't most college professors very liberal?
I know there are exceptions: Newt, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: