SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coaster Anyone? NY Times Reviews New Kerry DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Coaster Anyone? NY Times Reviews New Kerry DVD Reply with quote

Kerry is finished. With the NY Times all but abandoning the SS. John Kerry (their recent puff piece notwithstanding), it's time for him to pick up what marbles he has left and retire into political obscurity (and infamy).

2 years ago the Times would have been touting this piece of agitprop tripe as the second coming of "J'Accuse". Their collective yawn and a few surprisingly candid observations is both telling and eminently enervating to this fraud watcher. Kerry's "fat lady" is warming up her vocal chords, if not already in full voice... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
Critic's Choice
New DVD's
By DAVE KEHR
Published: May 30, 2006

<snip>

Winter Soldier

The young John Kerry appears only briefly in "Winter Soldier," a 1972 antiwar film created by a collective of young filmmakers whose members included Barbara Kopple ("Harlan County, U.S.A.") and Robert Fiore (a co-director of "Pumping Iron," with Mr. Kerry's filmmaking friend George Butler). In his role as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War Mr. Kerry can be seen coaching a young man about to give his testimony during a widely covered meeting organized by the veterans' group at a Howard Johnson's in Detroit, where the organization hoped to turn a spotlight on the abuses and atrocities it believed to be occurring in Southeast Asia.

"Is there something you want to say in terms of the crimes that happened?" asks Mr. Kerry, using the kind of provocative language his presidential campaign went out of its way to avoid.

The film includes little or no documentary evidence, apart from some photographs and film clips that are too blurry to be of much use. So there are some who will be just as quick to dispute the facts it puts forward as they were to dispute Mr. Kerry's Swift boat record in the last presidential campaign. But even allowing for the inevitable exaggerations and desire to please the interviewees, the picture has a deeply upsetting ring of truth.

It also offers a strange kind of comfort, given how few reports of atrocities on this level have come out of Iraq. Perhaps things are much more humane today in the American military; "Winter Soldier" suggests they could hardly be much worse. Milestone Film and Video, $24.95, not rated.

NY Times
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The release and review are quite obviously timed to coincide with the fever swamp rantings and accusations going on over the incident in Haditha. This is no coincidence!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: assesment on target. Reply with quote

My 50,000 flight level view is he is toast.

I think the fluff NYTimes piece was a last gasp.

As for <enervating>, thank you for teaching me a new word. It fits Kerry's
whole existence.
Now for <agitprop> you need a really good dictionary.

Now you have the so called thinker on the ropes.
Obviously you are firing a volley across his intellectual bow.

I say after Kerry's stooges spend an hour with a dictionary they will go
belly up and plead mercy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: