SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military Records Content?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Military Records Content? Reply with quote

Perhaps it might be helpful if one of the principle former officers in this effort might be able to document just what records become part of your permanent official records? We're kind of in the dark in the matter of what's really missing from Kerry's vetted presentation.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Military Records Content? Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Perhaps it might be helpful if one of the principle former officers in this effort might be able to document just what records become part of your permanent official records? We're kind of in the dark in the matter of what's really missing from Kerry's vetted presentation.

In addition to all personnel actions, ie. Promotions, transfers, unit orders, awards etc. , fitness reports, there are also MEDICAL REPORTS and a folder for derrogatory items such as Letters of Reprimand, Article 15's, etc. I don't believe that Kerry's ENTIRE military record has been posted on his site. I am sure that there are NO medical records in evidence, not all of his FitReps are there, and his disciplinary records are not there.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All records Colmurph mentioned should be there...
and more.

Since officers receive annual fitness reports
in the Ready Reserve,
these fitreps (along with all active duty fitreps)
should be made available, as well
as reserve medical records, drill records,
reserve points earned, etc.

Kerry should have been drilling for at least 2 years
in the Naval Reserve after release from active duty.

Montana
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Military Records Content? Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

In addition to all personnel actions, ie. Promotions, transfers, unit orders, awards etc. , fitness reports, there are also MEDICAL REPORTS and a folder for derrogatory items such as Letters of Reprimand, Article 15's, etc. I don't believe that Kerry's ENTIRE military record has been posted on his site. I am sure that there are NO medical records in evidence, not all of his FitReps are there, and his disciplinary records are not there.

Hey ColMurph!
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al. Had to drop in with my $.02 worth. Cant have the liberal swine overrun the place can we? Did you look at the crap on the general board? At least we are all veterans in here, or I hope so.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First page of his fitness report is missing. After-action report for Feb. 27-28 is missing (28th is day he supposed to have been a hero saving his boat from certain destruction.) He didn't release any military medical files, just personal file medical. I don't suspect he will because he recently claimed he still has shrapnel in his thigh, which is a highly suspect claim.

Have his Form 13164:

Naval Officer candidate School, US Naval Base, Newport RI - STUDENT
Naval Schools Command, Treasure Island, SF, CA - STUDENT
Fleet Anti-Air Warfare Training Center, san Diego, CA - STUDENT
USS Gridley (DLG 21), Commander, First Division - Electrical Department
Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado, CA - STUDENT
Commander Coastal Squadron ONE, Patrol Craft Fast, RVN
Military Sea Transportation Services, Atlantic - Personal Aid

What is interesting here there is no mention of him being a Personal Information Officer, which he claimed he was under oath in 1971.

Last edited by The bandit on Tue May 18, 2004 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
First page of his fitness report is missing.

Which fitness report? Have you been able to document a date?
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
The bandit wrote:
First page of his fitness report is missing.

Which fitness report? Have you been able to document a date?

Give me a few days to track down my notes and articles I have found on the subject. My brain is just cluttered with too much research to give you an accurate answer off the top of my head.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:

Give me a few days to track down my notes and articles I have found on the subject. My brain is just cluttered with too much research to give you an accurate answer off the top of my head.

That's a real problem with this endeavor. There needs to be a centralized, reputable source for gathering, cross referencing and collating ALL of this material.

Or perhaps reference material, organized properly, might even become part of a "sticky" thread right here.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
The bandit wrote:

That's a real problem with this endeavor. There needs to be a centralized, reputable source for gathering, cross referencing and collating ALL of this material.

Or perhaps reference material, organized properly, might even become part of a "sticky" thread right here.

These documents are downloadable from Kerry's web site. A general perusal of the documents he has filed show inconsistancies and gaps. Kerry had to be an ass to post them that way.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are under Kerry's Bio on his web page (same bio page that has a article that alleges he took a bullet in the leg instead of shrapnel!!)

I am trying to find where I just recently saw a good discussion by a former officer at the time on what is missing. Problem is it was on FreeRepublic and FreeRepublic's search only searches titles and not text of the stories. I am having a dickens of a time finding the link!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:

These documents are downloadable from Kerry's web site. A general perusal of the documents he has filed show inconsistancies and gaps. Kerry had to be an ass to post them that way.

Perhaps part of the problem is we have too many general's perusing and not enough privates documenting Laughing

I'm trying, myself, to document the specific timeline for Kerry's various unit transfers and have already turned up what appears to be an error on his website. However, I can't find anything thus far documenting the exact date of his third transfer from Coastal 13 in Cat Lo back to Coastal 11. All I'm relatively sure of is that it was prior to 22 Jan 69 when Zumwault and Abrams met with Coastal 11 in Saigon and Kerry was a participant. I see references to him having been in command of PCF44, but there are no records or references to any activity between 8 Dec 68 and 22 Jan 69. (That's off the top of my head...I'll check and correct , if necessary)

If anyone turns anything up, please post.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed May 19, 2004 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
Yeah, they are under Kerry's Bio on his web page (same bio page that has a article that alleges he took a bullet in the leg instead of shrapnel!!)

I am trying to find where I just recently saw a good discussion by a former officer at the time on what is missing. Problem is it was on FreeRepublic and FreeRepublic's search only searches titles and not text of the stories. I am having a dickens of a time finding the link!

Bandit, go to www.google.com, click on advanced search, enter your search terms, then type in www.freerepublic.com in the slot where it allows you to limit the search to only one domain.

Hope that helps! Smile
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:
Hi Al. Had to drop in with my $.02 worth. Cant have the liberal swine overrun the place can we? Did you look at the crap on the general board? At least we are all veterans in here, or I hope so.

pffft -- I wish I had a $1 for every lying sack-o-crap who told me a war story right from a movie script, complete with Marlon Brando.

I have always felt that I'm pretty accurate with being able to tell who was really in -- and who wasn't by how they look, how they talk, and how they walk. There's something that you leave with, that those who weren't in will never have.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone lying about their service.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahuna, ya mean like the puke who told me he served in Vietnam as an "Army Seal?"
Pretending to be a Nam Vet has become an epidemic.
If you haven't read it, get Jug Burkett's "Stolen Valor" ISBN: 096670360X
It will make you REAL angry.
Redhawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: