SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young Undecided voters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimmyEatsWorld
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Young Undecided voters Reply with quote

Hey guys,

as a young undecided voter I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my problem.

I totally believe that John Kerry's Vietnam service record wasn't crystal clean as the left makes it out to be.

But when I look at the what he has done and accomplished in his life.

Edited by Moderator: Bush is not part of our mission. Make your case for Kerry. If you just want to bash Bush , you won't be here long.

I DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR KERRY. Edited by Moderator
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Young Undecided voters Reply with quote

My Challenge: figure it out for yourself, son.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, beat me to it. Laughing
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Timmy ate too much.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost want to tell the people who are undecided that if you really have not made up your mind by now...stay home.

The only reason I became republican was so I could have a say of who was running on the ticket...before that I was an independant. I only agree about 50 - 60% with the republican party. My biggest issue this election is who can protect me and my family the best. There is no doubt in my mind that President Bush will and can. Look at John Kerry's words he just said this past week that he wants to fight a more sensitive terrorism. What does that mean? He implied that he would just wait until we were attacked and then respond...hello - we were attacked on 09-11.

Look these people attacked us on 09-11 - they declared war almost 20 years ago and WE DID NOTHING. We have had attack after attack after attack - from Beirut to the USS Cole. (we have the 1st WTC bombing, we have Khobar Towers, we have 2 embassies in E. AFrica and then the USS Cole...how many times we were to be attacked before we woke up? It took 09-11.

John Kerry just told the terrorist that if he is elected he will bring our troops home in a year. The terrorist are very patience. It took them 5 years to plan 09-11 - so they will sit in Iraq for a year and wait and then when we pull out total chaos will reign.

John Kerry keeps telling us he will go to the UN - please - the UN is a JOKE and we all know it. The French, German's and Russians were worried about the billions they were loosing not about WMD's. I still believe they will find them...probably in Syria. But we know they had them. The UN should not even be a factor in deciding what the US policies to protect this country should be. Plus President Bush did that!

We are at war....and the issue of going to war is mute. We are there. So we have a chance to win this war - and we are winning this war. We are also winning the war on terrorism. We are nabbing terrorist almost daily.

So do you want a president who will do what it takes to win this war? Or do you want a President who wants to be sensitive and go to the UN on every issue? Check out John Kerry's voting record. He is the most liberal with an 85.5% rating..higher than Kennedy's. John Kerry himself said this week he would have voted to go to war with Iraq - so what is the problem? John Kerry is moving from the left to the center for election purposes only. Once this election is over and if by some chance he does win...God help us then....because John Kerry will not.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you all know, Timmy was actually masquerading a Bush bashing message. Seems to be a hit and run troll.
TimmyEatsWorld
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swifts is not obligated in any way to host anti-Swifts material on it's own site - Admin
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy, this forum is very focused: it's about John Kerry and the history he doesn't want you to know.

There are lots of other sites where you can get info on the President and his record.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freerepublic would be a good place possibly

Timmy, you can PM me, i'm 20, so i'm guessing i'm about your age
why don't you tell me your specific concerns w/ bush and i'll try to address them.
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimmyEatsWorld wrote:
That's not a very nice thing to say to somebody Sad

I just want an honest answer on the positive side of George Bush. His Morals, the good he has done for this country and in his life.....

I'm not LEFT WING, I'm no wing

Contrary to the image you get of GW Bush being a drunk slacker, he taught Sunday school in his college yrs., worked in a Sears dept. store, on an offshore oil rig, as a ranchhand, was involved with an inner city mentor program. I've heard a man who worked for him when he ran an oil business talk of how his wife was dying of cancer and Bush took their son out to get his mind off the troubles and the guy says he's got his loyalty. He didn't drive expensive cars and live lavishly like you people attempt to make him out. He's a pretty decent guy, but you don't want to hear that! And if you want more on his service in the National Guard, I found a comment from one of his flight instructors, a man named Maurice Udell(that you can google and find out yourself), that Bush asked about being included in a program for Guard F-102 pilots to go to Vietnam but he didn't have the hours. Interesting how he is not interviewed more. But that's something the press doesn't want to be part of it.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be decided if I were 18. I turn 18 in December Sad . Also, my grandfather served in Vietnam, and it was his email that actually alerted me to all the unrest concerning vets and Kerry. Here's what he said

"For what it's worth, I don't know John Kerry and haven't read his book. I can tell you this. I served in the 3rd Coastal Zone as an advisor with the VN Junk Forces for all of 1967 and worked closely with the Swift Boats, PBR's, and offshore Market Time Patrols. I participated in several WHAMO (Win Hearts And Minds Oprations) wherein we neutralized and went into VC controlled areas and villages. I never saw nor heard of any atrocities. On the contrary, we provided medical attention,  aid, building materials and other "stuff" to help convert villages to be supportive of the VN govt with varying degrees of success. No atrocities, no "war crimes"."

From knowing my grandfather, I know he is one of the last people in the world that would ever tell a lie. Peace
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy,

The only thing I can say to you is, my son is in the Navy, he has been in since 2000, my daughter is also in the Navy, she was to got to MEPS on Sept. 11, 2001, that got postponed until Sept. 14. She was in DEP for almost a year and then left Aug 2002. She is married now to a sailor.

My son has done 2 deployments to the Gulf and was on the USS Abraham Lincoln when they got orders to go back. My son is stationed over seas and my daughter will return soon from taking Marines to Iraq.

They support Bush, not Kerry. They are young, 20 and 22. They are serving under Bush right now as you can see, they do not want to serve under Kerry.

As for finding information on Bush, I think there is plenty of resources out there to help you make up your mind. The focus of this forum as has been said before is for the truth to be told about Kerry.

That's my 2 cents worth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: