SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Hannity against Murtha
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: John O'Neill on Hannity against Murtha Reply with quote

Swift Vets and Pows for Truth, be prepared to go to GQ. John was on Hannity and stupid tonight debating what murtha said regarding the Marines being investigation for murder.

Noticed they still try to drown out John while he is making a statement or attack him as a liar from the last election.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict that the next round is going to get very nasty and dirty - if Hildabeast doesn't do the dragon-slaying for us (then, of course, we have another problem).

I really believe that John O'Neil and Swiftees kind of "ambushed" sKerry in the last election - from sKerry's viewpoint. He really wasn't expecting it; the dumb cluck is so impressed with himself I don't think he could believe that everyone else wasn't likewise impressed. The MSM clearly did not expect it, either, until the Swiftees were already news.

But this time, if there is a this time, will be very different because they will both be expecting it, and will be prepared to do a smear job on the Swiftees much worse than the last time. Instead of merely defending sKerry in a game of catch-up, the MSM will be out in front running interference, slamming anyone who even sounds like they believe the Swiftees, or in any way represent us.

So, yes, expect a fight (make that a war), a much bigger one than the last one. Tonight can probably be thought of as just the opening skirmish.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John did very well, and we should be proud of him.

Beckel tried to turn the clock back to 2004 and John stayed on point! Kerry was defeated, get over it.

Why are people always ready to believe Marines are "Baby killers?"

By ramping up the rhetoric, Murtha is aiding the enemy.

Big Al
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I predict that the next round is going to get very nasty and dirty - if Hildabeast doesn't do the dragon-slaying for us (then, of course, we have another problem).

I really believe that John O'Neil and Swiftees kind of "ambushed" sKerry in the last election - from sKerry's viewpoint. He really wasn't expecting it; the dumb cluck is so impressed with himself I don't think he could believe that everyone else wasn't likewise impressed. The MSM clearly did not expect it, either, until the Swiftees were already news.

But this time, if there is a this time, will be very different because they will both be expecting it, and will be prepared to do a smear job on the Swiftees much worse than the last time. Instead of merely defending sKerry in a game of catch-up, the MSM will be out in front running interference, slamming anyone who even sounds like they believe the Swiftees, or in any way represent us.

So, yes, expect a fight (make that a war), a much bigger one than the last one. Tonight can probably be thought of as just the opening skirmish.

Just a thought on SwiftVet strategy: perhaps the MSM itself needs to be the primary target next time around. It is an evil institution that has been manipulating the public with its leftism and moral relativism for at least the past 40 years.

Kerry and his ilk are the symptom, not the disease.

-- FDL
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Anker-Klanker wrote:

Just a thought on SwiftVet strategy: perhaps the MSM itself needs to be the primary target next time around. It is an evil institution that has been manipulating the public with its leftism and moral relativism for at least the past 40 years.

-- FDL

UNLESS in the next set of elections one or both candidates have military backgrounds, why would the SwiftVets get involved?

Murtha, Kerry, Kerrey, McCain ... those guys ...I can see why this group would voice opinions.

Hildebeast? Lieberman? Jeb Bush? Condi Rice?
Not our fight ... I would hope we'd have members join another blog, as appropriate.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
UNLESS in the next set of elections one or both candidates have military backgrounds, why would the SwiftVets get involved?

Murtha, Kerry, Kerrey, McCain ... those guys ...I can see why this group would voice opinions.

Not our fight ... I would hope we'd have members join another blog, as appropriate.

I'll raise you one. Unless a candidate's name is John Kerry, I wouldn't expect to be hearing again from SVPT.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
jwb7605 wrote:

I'll raise you one. Unless a candidate's name is John Kerry, I wouldn't expect to be hearing again from SVPT.

Too rich for my blood. I fold. Laughing
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: John O'Neil on Hannity against Murtha Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Swift Vets and Pows for Truth, be prepared to go to GQ. John was on Hannity and stupid tonight debating what murtha said regarding the Marines being investigation for murder.

Noticed they still try to drown out John while he is making a statement or attack him as a liar from the last election.

SVPT will stand by and support O'Neill to the last Swiftie, but as far Murtha goes, he's the Marines' problem.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

-- FDL

I meant if Kerry tries to run again.

-- FDL
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
jwb7605 wrote:

I concur... about a year ago (or so), it was made clear that the main and only reason that this group was started, was to get sKerry under control...

If, by chance, SwiftVets stray from the path, it would defeat the purpose of their creation and further complicate the situation.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my comment:

Quote:
...if Hildabeast doesn't do the dragon-slaying for us (then, of course, we have another problem)...

seems to have provoked a lot of comments after it, let me at least try to explain what I meant. I meant that I foresee a fatal clash between Hillary and Kerry; one will come out the winner, and one the loser. If Hillary should win that clash, then those who also oppose Hillary have a whole 'nother problem to deal with. I did not not mean to imply that the Swiftees should in any way take on that possible fight. (I guess the provocation comes from my not defining "we," and my sentiment at the time I wrote it to include denying any implication that opposing Kerry in that projected clash would equate to the position that anyone was necessarily supporting Hillary - it's going to be a ticklish balancing act should that event happen).

And I fully agree. As the count-down to the elections continue, I think the Swiftees as a whole need to start narrowing down the focus of this group's objectives and posted political rhetoric, i.e., to be very careful of establishing and maintaining the image of who we are, and what we stand for, or else it is conceivable that it will be used against us.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good points.....

But it is John O'Neill and the SVPT that the NY Times, via sKerry, and that mystery group helping veterans taking 'unpopular' positions (could it be associated with moron.org?) is attacking..... I predict this bashing will continue for the next 2 years...as the drive-by media is wont to do, continuous bashing! Look at the first 4 years of the Bushwacking media! They don't have to bash the president any more, he's not running. The money will be directed at the 'fronts' that were successful in knocking down the opposition!

War is Hell! preparation is everything! Oh, and it's Memorial Day, methinks sKerry just wants his camera time this weekend!
Deuce
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't presume to speak for the Swifties, but my understanding from 2004 of the group's "focus" / objectives is that it was all about Kerry. Him personally. No one else. Nothing else. No grand ambitions. No partisan or political agenda. NO endorsement of Bush even. Only that John Kerry, him alone, would make a particularly unsafe C-in-C and the Swifties and the POWs have some stories to share.

I donated to the group on that basis.

The general public / MSM thinks the Swifties are partisan because Bush benefitted, in 2004. But the public / MSM thinks a lot of crap that is wrong. I happen to know (from paying close attention) that the Swifties in 2004 weren't partisan. Just anti-Kerry. The Dems should have picked a different candidate.

If the Swifties started worrying about any candidate or goal except Kerry, I (for one - just one guy) get off the ship.

P.S. I agree Kerry is probably going to run again and the Swifties and POWs should get ready for an ugly war. Hopefully Kerry can be knocked out early this time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_madeup wrote:
P.S. I agree Kerry is probably going to run again and the Swifties and POWs should get ready for an ugly war. Hopefully Kerry can be knocked out early this time.

I think it's almost a sure bet that (and I've stated so many times in this forum), should John Kerry be considered a viable threat by ANY of his Demo competition for the nomination, you're going to see a sudden and rather unusual interest (from some surprising sources) in taking a fresh look at the veracity of the Swiftee's allegations...and SVPT won't need to lift a finger.

However, should Kerry once again survive the Demo vetting process (and I think that's almost impossible), it's "General Quarters" and "All Hands On Deck" time once again...the Swiftees and POWs KNOW their duty.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: John O'Neil on Hannity against Murtha Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:

Were all of the Marines SwiftVets? From reading this thread I don't see why John O'Neill would be debating Murtha at all other wise. Or is John O'Neill willing to step up and fight for honor sans the SwiftVets as well as for debunking the stories that surround John Kerry? I certainly hope that he is because America needs men of honor to stand up for other dishonored military. We always have and always will.

I will certainly be working through another venue in 2008 if this group removes itself from the fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: