SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official line vs. reality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dafrog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Official line vs. reality Reply with quote

Anybody that has ever made out a evaluation, or recieved one, knows how inflated they are. Does anyone really believe that everyone is the "best soldier we've ever seen?". I hear the Kerry supporters saying "just look at the official record". Part of my job, was to determine what was used in a "fragging". No matter what I found, the official line would be "by enemy action". This was done for the family back in the states. It seems that this policy has changed in recent years. My point is the records for John Kerry say a lot of nice things about him because thats the way it was done back in the day. I read a citation written about myself and wonder who they were writing about. 69-70-71 E.O.D. team.....Mike Tompkins... Port Charlotte Fla...
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny stuff DaFrog, I used to read them in bewilderment, wondering how they could pick the best men. But that's more the point, you can't attack him on fitness records, you almost have to be anti-American to get a bad fitrep. Oh sorry, even that won't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: