SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about swiftvets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Question about swiftvets Reply with quote

I fully suport swiftvets and know they can weather the storm ahead, but I have a question. I keep hearing where swiftvets was the same group that opposed mccain, but I did not know swiftvets was even formed then. From what I understand clinton made this statement also on the daily show. Just for my information, what group was it that opposed mccain if any?

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBVFT was formed earlier this year only 4-6 months ago.

It was definitely not involved in the McCain campaign.
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I though 3n. Wasn't it ted sampley that was against mccain and the same company made the mccain ad made the swiftvets ad or something like that. I just want the facts to put out to everyone.

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't know enough about to comment on who was running that campaign against McCain.

I don't even know all that much about the McCain campaign, to tell the truth, but I'll tell you, many of McCain's actions and statements have been very unsupportive of veterans in general and I don't blame Vietnam vets for feeling as if he has betrayed them, too. I'd have to look into it further, and I just don't have time, right now.

I was strongly liberal most of my life. A Reagan Democrat turned Republican with the election of GHWB.

Clinton was such an embarrassment that I just stayed away from politics for a long time. It just disgusted me too much, that this man and his wife were getting away with their transparent lies. It hurt my head to think that we as an electorate were stupid enough to vote for him instead of GHWB, who I thought was honorable and decent. His re-election sealed my lack of involvement.

I didn't get interested again until 9-11 and I didn't get really active and vocal in politics until it looked like John F'n Kerry had a shot at being elected.

I think that electing Kerry is stabbing our Vietnam veterans in the back one more time - the idea breaks my heart.

Can our nation really DO that to them AGAIN??? Did we learn nothing 35 years ago?

In addition to that, I feel as if I MUST do everything I can do to protect our younger brothers and sisters from a Jimmy-Carter style military. Kerry has already betrayed them by voting for the $87 billion before he voted against it - and then he said he was PROUD of it!

This is NOT CinC material!

Okay, rant over.

But back to your point.... I know for sure that Swift Boats Vets for Truth was not involved in the McCain campaign. I'll bet that if you polled the founders, you'd find some that voted for him and some that voted against, just like today.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from http://dir.salon.com/politics2000/feature/2000/03/06/fec/index.html

Sure doesn't sound anything like the Swift Boat vets ad.

McCain files federal complaint

Senator says Bush TV ads paid for by Texas' Wyly brothers violate election law.

By Jake Tapper

March 06, 2000 | SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. -- The presidential campaign manager for Sen. John McCain filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission Monday alleging that a recent anti-McCain ad paid for by the seemingly spontaneously created Republicans for Clean Air Committee -- organized and paid for by a number of allies of Texas Gov. George W. Bush -- is in violation of federal laws.

... it goes on, but that should be enough.
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said 3navy. I'm just trying to get the fact's straight because I'm a strong supporter. Whether swiftvets was for or against mccain I am not worried about. I just want to know what to say whey they are parroting democrats that say swiftvets are the same group against mccain. I would like to be able to say who it actually was.

Thanks for the link air_vet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: