SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry calls for Iraq surrender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Kerry calls for Iraq surrender Reply with quote

Kerry demands US troop pullout
Regrets his vote for war resolution

Apparently, Cambodia-in-Christmas John hasn't enough of these is his trophy case.

Look, Swiftvets, the guy is both nuts and dangerous. Why is Kerry so indifferent to the genocide he facilitated, and the one he now espouses?

-- FDL
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry can regret anything he wishes, no matter to me.

However, he misled the nation before on his cut and run policy and it cost possibly millions of South Vietnamese, Laotians, Thais and Cambodians their lives. His estimate was maybe 3,000.

It seems that after Korea, the US adopted a policy of abandoning their allies struggling for freedom. Even in Korea we did not win, just kept troops there to keep the Communists at bay.

We saw it when the Cubans that tried to overthrow Castro were decimated in the Bay of Pigs invasion, believing the US had their backs.

We saw it as we sat by and watched the Soviets rearm and resupply North Viet Nam after we pulled out there and when they invaded the South, instead of resupporting them, as promised, we turned our backs and watched as they too were overthrown and their numbers decimated.

After the first Gulf War, we encouraged Iraqis to rise up against Saddam. When they did, we turned a blind eye and again watched as they too were decimated.

And now, we finally have a chance to redeem our reputation and are making significant headway in building up the Iraqis to have their first ever taste of freedom and liberty in their lives and what happens? Along come 'ol cut and run Kerry demanding we once again abandon another ally and sit back and watch as they too will be cut to shreds by organized terrorists.

America gained its freedom over 200 years ago with help from many others, mostly the French. We could not have done it ourselves. No nation has ever won freedom or kept it by themselves. It takes the help of freedom loving people the world over to do the job. Due to our strength and heritage, America is the nation that is strong enough and wealthy enough to help others that truly seek freedom.

The Kerry's, Kennedy's, Murtha's, Pelosi's and such need to be ignored and sent packing. Freedom lovers the world over cannot afford to listen to them any longer.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew,

That's an excellent synopsis of our history since World War 2. You should send that out to a few blogs, it would get traction I think.
Good job, brother.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's an excellent synopsis of our history since World War 2. You should send that out to a few blogs, it would get traction I think.
Good job, brother.

Agreed!

Now, the Big Story on Action News is the Boston Globe attempting to cover for Kerry's lunacy:

"Kerry's change of heart"
By Joan Vennochi, Globe Columnist

The Massachusetts senator is finally taking the antiwar position that people who know him well expected him to embrace long ago. The position is welcome, if long overdue; unfortunately, it doesn't dispel doubts about the thinking that got him to this place.

Kerry now labels his 2002 vote to authorize the Iraq invasion a mistake and is calling for US troop withdrawal by the end of the year. His position -- for now -- is as crisp today as it was meandering during the last presidential campaign.

Had he taken such a clear stand in 2004, he might be in the White House. Remember, George W. Bush's convictions on war and miscellaneous matters ended up as an advantage on Election Day. Kerry's penchant to finesse everything, especially war, helped create the flip-flopping caricature depicted in the Bush campaign ads
(and helped in the murder of millions of Indochenese back in the 70's -- FDL).

Blah, blah, blah, blah...

... Kerry has moved further left since that time (so far left, it may warp the space time continuum -- FDL) , along with one wing of the Democratic Party. At the ``Take Back America" conference in Washington this week, liberal activists cheered him for setting a deadline for troop withdrawal. They booed Senator Hillary Clinton of New York for arguing against it.

American voters once accepted the concept of a ``new Nixon," sending Richard M. Nixon to the White House in 1968 after rejecting him narrowly in 1960. So it's possible that voters could embrace a ``new Kerry," although the memory of the old one is still fresh enough to raise questions in a voter's mind.
(yathink? -- FDL)

The new Kerry's problem isn't a change of heart on the Iraq invasion. Public sentiment reflects a similar shift and a desire to focus on ending the conflict, not endlessly second-guessing the decision to start it. (um, which part of the public are they speaking for? Large parts of the non-Kool Aid-drinking public want to WIN the war, not END the war as we did in Vietnam -- FDL)

The new Kerry's problem is the need to overcome skepticism about his motives from the very start.

Yeah, call me skeptical.

Kerry's change of heart? Perhaps they are talking about the ill-gotten purple heart he "threw over" the White House gate?

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Kerry's change of heart? Perhaps they are talking about the ill-gotten purple heart he "threw over" the White House gate?

Ouch! Good one FDL.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was for the war before I was against the war. Same old sKerry, all right!

Isn't he coming up for re-election as Senator sometime soon (when is that - 2006 or 2008?)? Undoubtedly some of this posturing is for the benefit of his off-the-wall, anti-war, progressive liberal constituents.

As much as I despise the man, I have to say that I have even less respect for the people who have re-elected him (and Kennedy) time and time again. As long as the people of Mass. have their mind-set and values, we'll probably continue to see him, or someone just like him, representing that state - very sad, but true.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good job, brother.

Thanks Embarassed

I did send a variation of it to Senators Murray and Cantwell from here and happily, I see they voted against Kerry's ill fated cut and run. I can't claim they paid attention to what I wrote, but I'm sure it didn't hurt either.

Feel free to spread that as you see fit. Maybe we can open a few more eyes around the country.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, the other Boston take on Kerry redux...

Quote:
Kerry now clear: Let’s abandon Iraq
By Boston Herald editorial staff
Thursday, June 15, 2006

Call it Sen. John Kerry’s coming out party. At long last Kerry has adopted a coherent position on the war in Iraq - and thrown in his lot with the Howard Dean/bring the troops home now wing of his party.

“It is essential to acknowledge that the war itself was a mistake,” Kerry told some 2,000 liberals assembled for the “Take Back America” conference in Washington, D.C. “It was wrong and I was wrong to vote for that Iraq war resolution.”

Kerry is nothing if not brilliant at telling people what he thinks they want to hear. And if that means pandering to a group so to the left of the mainstream that they would boo and attempt to shout down Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), then so be it.

“I have to just say it: I do not think it is a smart strategy either for the president to continue with his open-ended commitment,” Clinton said, “nor do I think it is smart strategy to set a date certain. I do not agree that that is in the best interest of our troops or our country.”

It was then that many in the crowd chanted, “Bring the troops home, now.”

Yep, they’re now John Kerry’s people. And we truly hope they’ll all be very happy together.

Kerry has launched his back to the future-style campaign, drawing parallels between Vietnam, which he protested after returning from service there, and Iraq.

“And as in Vietnam, we have stayed and fought and died even though it is time for us to go,” Kerry said. “It was right to dissent from a war in 1971 that was wrong and could not be won. And now, in 2006, it is both a right and an obligation for Americans to stand up to a president who is wrong today.”

Kerry spoke those words even as President Bush was looking Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in the eye and promising “when America gives its word, America keeps its word.”

Kerry insists he wants a “hard and fast deadline” for the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq. He is sponsoring a resolution proposing that nearly all of those troops be withdrawn by the end of this year.

Such a resolution would be a betrayal of all this nation has ever stood for, of all our troops have fought and died for. But most of all it would be a clear signal to insurgents, terrorists and the enemies of freedom everywhere that when the going gets tough there will always be an American politician advocating abandonment of this nation’s commitment. This time around it’s John Kerry.

Boston Herald

This time around?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

This time around?

Heh heh.... that is EXACTLY what went through my mind when I read that last paragraph.

I always feel like I've stepped into the twilight zone when I read anything he's said.

I guess he didn't get Zarqawi's memo, yet. Rolling Eyes

When will those insurgents get their "friendlies" on a timely mailing schedule? Confused
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was written by a fellow Swift Mate by the name of Boats. I think he really hit the nail on the head when you think of skerry's many statements.

Isn't it ironic that John Boy can remember, "seared into his memory..." an op that never occurred and for which there is no documentation or collaboration by command, but he cannot remember attending a meeting of subversives for there is FBI document of him having attended, where there was a vote on a plot to assassinate United States Senators....??

Selective memory or just a pathological liar who time and time again exhibits sociopathic behavior?

I've studied behavioral pschology and published papers back in the early '70's and I am telling you folks, Kerry is a classic sociopath. He is so focused upon getting what he wants that he has no conscience about how he attains it, no matter how many lies, exaggerations, distortions and worse, whom he destroys to reach the goal. So bent is he that he does not even consider the damage to his own party or any of those around him. Anyone near him who tries to advise him against his own desires is quickly booted to the crub. In his own mind he is above reproach, even when there is a wealth of evidence, including his own words, that contradict his latest declarations. This is classic sociopathic behavior. Anyone who doesn't believe this need only read a couple of behavioral science texts.

It is sad that such individuals are in our Congress and it is even sadder that voters are not concerned enough to look at the facts and understand the true nature of this individual. Just because he has a title does not make him knowledgable or capable, as his record in Congress attests.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well stated Terry! And coming from a brother swiftie is even better.
sKerry really is a sociopathic piece of work.
I do believe he would step on anyone who got in the way of his ambitions.
Besides being a sociopath, he lacks a conscience also, but wait, that goes along with the defination of sociopath.
Jack
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry's analysis is right on. I had a few psychology classes but know more from everyday life.
My take on J Kerry's problems, that certainly were evident when he was found
in a darkened mess hall reciting to a camera, are the following.
Guilt and Egotism. They are very conflicting states but everyone resolves this inner struggle with some degree of character.

"I might have made a mistake but I meant well....."

But Kerry lied, skirted his duty and left his fellow sailors behind.
GUILT.
But Kerry felt he was actually better than any of them. Better by birth and certainly better by design. ( He had a plan... the others were just trying to do their duty ).
EGOTISM.

How can these two mental states coexist?
Just watch J Kerry's behavior. He is a poster child for a Guilty Egotistical individual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: