SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dixie Chicks speak for the left

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Dixie Chicks speak for the left Reply with quote

I think this quote from the Dixie Chicks pretty well summarizes the whole philosophy of the "Progressive Left":

Quote:
"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

Revealing, huh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/15/bmdixie15.xml
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"rednecks" ? Does this imply all persons who listen to the country genre are redneck hicks? I am insulted, oh wait this is a UK reporter and the Dipsy Twits.. never mind
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Dixie Chicks speak for the left Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I think this quote from the Dixie Chicks pretty well summarizes the whole philosophy of the "Progressive Left":

Quote:
"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

Revealing, huh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/15/bmdixie15.xml

LimaCharlie in another thread wrote:
Quote:
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22274
It is many of those young very computer literate people that I worry about the most. They know all about computers but they can’t locate the United States on a world map. They can’t add two numbers together without a calculator. They get all of their information from the internet, but only the information they care about such as what Paris Hilton is up to now. Their concept of politics is what they learn in school - Bush an evil liar. Their concept of Viet Nam is that it was an ancient war waged by that evil conservative Richard Nixon that we lost way before they were born. They don’t care enough to look up the opposing viewpoints and make a logical conclusion on their own. They are the ones that can’t tell you what today’s lead hard news story concerns. They can tell you all about their favorite movie star or pop singer. Their entire world revolves around web sites like MySpace.com.

Maines is part of this crowd of walking talking complete and total idiots. They don't have a clue and won't care until their freedom is taken away. Then there will be no end to the gnashing of teeth and wailing.
For a generation of sheeple such as this, history assures us that someone will take it away.

Dusty
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dixie Chicks speak for the left Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Anker-Klanker wrote:

Failure to Recognise what's Important
Example: My house is on fire! Quick, call the post office and tell them to hold my mail!

Judging Things Without Comparison to Alternatives
Example: I don't invest in US Treasury bills. There's too much risk.

I am the World
Example: I don't listen to classical music. Therefore, classical music is not popular.

Ignoring the Advice of Experts Without Good Reason
"Sure, the experts think you shouldn't ride a bicycle into the eye of a hurricane, but I have my own theory."

I wouldn't take the drivel from hollywood types as indicative of anything but the stupidity and narcissism of hollywood types.

Let this idiot live in a place like Saudi Arabia or Somalia or Iran. We'll see how much she 'loves where she lives.'
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the URL for this story says it all. It ends with BMdixie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: