SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Attacks On Kerry Discredited" Wade Sanders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: "Attacks On Kerry Discredited" Wade Sanders Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this? The headline would lead you to believe that kerry's supporters have presented new evidence that would support Kerry. Hope Lipscomb has a few words to say about this:

http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,101730,00.html
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC, it's the same warmed-over defense Kerry and his minions have been peddling from day 1 and will impress none but the uninformed and the uninformable.

What is interesting about Sander's contribution is that he takes issue with recent commentary by Thomas Lipscomb WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION! Kerry is so petrified by the spectre of Lipscomb notoriety that his minions dare not EVEN MENTION HIS NAME! Laughing

Looks like the same goes for Powerline, who (I think) Sander's quotes as well WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION!

IMHO, both Lipscomb and the blogs will rip this apologia to shreds and I'm disinclined to even dignify his rhetoric with point by point debunking. I'll leave that to the professionals.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the last of my two posts to Wade.

Posted Mon 19 June 2006 20:24
Do not reply to this email
To contact wade2000@cox.net, you must go though wade2000@cox.net’s profile page:
Wade, why is telling your back ground a personal attack? I was telling your background to the people that do not know it and why your article is probably a personal agenda by you for Kerry for your personal reasons.

You say "As a Swift Boat combat veteran, I find any attack on any veteran who has honorably served distasteful and any such attacks based on innuendo and distortions, completely reprehensible."

Yet you attack John O'Neill as being part of a Rebulican party agenda that you have no proof besides being invited to the White House and yet you fail to reveal your past and that you were and are part of Kerry's campaign and that you are a Democrat; did not see that in your profile.

Why do you not tell these people of your threats of legal action against the Swift Boat Sailors Association that is a non for profit organization and not part of the SVPT just because members took sides against Kerry and but not because others took sides for Kerry? Do you not think we have a personal opinion, knowledge and that this is all is was? Yours was a personal attack to the group by you as a vendetta because your man lost and you lost.

Did you not attack veterans who served honorably, such as MOH Bud Day, fellow POWs and other Swifties and yet you do not think this it was completely reprehensible or distastful.

Why has Kerry not signed his 180, released his journal for all the media to look at and research?
Why did he deny being in Kansas City and the VVAW where they talked about killing members of Congress that were for continuation of the war yet the FBI has files on him being here and that up to 25% of the members, including the President of the VVAW were never in Vietnam or the military? Why has one of those at the Winter Soldier meeting admit that he was forced to tell lies about his time in VN and attrocities he committed and now says never happened?

Who is feeding BS to the troops, look inward Wade, look inward.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
You say "As a Swift Boat combat veteran, I find any attack on any veteran who has honorably served distasteful and any such attacks based on innuendo and distortions, completely reprehensible."

Mr. Sanders apparently slept through Dewey Canyon III.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today, 6/20, it looks as though Sanders' Kerryspin is being met with, perhaps, something even less appetizing for Kerry than debunking...blog ambivalence. See today's Powerline for the results of a CNN poll on Kerry's prospects for '08.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noted with interest the link titled "Wade Sanders Article Archives" to the left of the herein linked article. It was quite a revealing read, even when the author (Wade Sanders) is spinning his own story. He's clearly - oh so very clearly - cut out of the same cloth as sKerry. (ad hominem deleted/me#1)

Admin note: Anker (and anyone inclined to comment)...let's try to limit the conversation to issues and refrain from ad hominem comments...thanks/me#1
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be old stuff to many here, but I ran across a piece written in August, 2004, by Henry Mark Holzer and Erika Holzer entitled "John Kerry's Puzzling Silver Star Citations". It cites the fact that there were three citations for the same award, escalating in the rank of the signer from a Vice Admiral (Zumwalt) to Admiral (Hyland) to a SecNav (Lehman). The total time between these citations (none dated, BTW) ranges over decades.

In the first citation, mention was made of Kerry's shooting, presumably with "gallantry", a fleeing VC. However, in the second and third citations, this portion of the gallant action has disappeared.

The piece analyzes the differences in the citations, questions the lack of sufficient justification for more than one citation being issued, and suggests that fellow senator, Ted Kennedy, may have been implicated in the final revision (fairly weak here).

The "V" device on the Silver Star on the DD-214 is discussed but, as I recall, that was dismissed as a clerical error as Sanders states.

Anyway, it's a fascinating - if long - read.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14774

Schadow
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there were a way to post what the Bandit wrote during the election in which he compared the various citations, section by section!

Anyway, you can see it for yourselves by going to his website: http://idexer.com/articles/citations_compare.htm

I'm so glad I didn't delete this link!
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response to this was going to that flip flop's website and this is what I sent him via Kerry's contact form:

Quote:
You are a discrace to the Vietnam Vets. You were exposed by the Swift Boat Veterans. You are a flip flop and your lies have found you out---facts do not lie-even if you do.

That man makes me sick--TRAITOR! Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have to thank you guys for continuing to counter the sKerry spin with reasoning and evidence. It seems like every time he or one of his flunkies tries to change history with his personally favorable version, you guys are right there to point out the inaccuracies and outright lies. Without your work, many of us would not know the difference or see the nuances in his constantly changing version of the truth.

The more he spins his story, the more you guys point out the flaws in his version(S).

I really have to say thanks and I'll do my part to spread the word. Just imaginethat guy in the White House (shudder). That's where he would be now if it weren't for you guys. Please keep up the outstanding work!

The Thought of Him Stewing Over The Election Loss and Cussing You Guys Every Night - PRICELESS
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading thru the thread yesterday....

Anybody know what Assistant Deputy sec of Navy he was?

MtBoone, nice writing, thanks.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was for Veterans Affairs.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anybody know what Assistant Deputy sec of Navy he was?

Similar question... Assistant Deputy Secretary of the Navy is pretty high-flauting title for a Captain in the Pentagon, isn't it? Anybody know any more about this to provide an explanation?
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker, there are similar questions being asked on Military.com. There are 12 pages of comments on the Wade Sanders article!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, titles and paygrades aren't always commensurate.

I think John Lehman was a Commander in the Reserves when he was SECNAV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: