SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8th of November (Big & Rich)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: 8th of November (Big & Rich) Reply with quote

check this video out on CMT's page it is great. I don't know how to post it here.

There is a mini documentary done with the vet who's story is told in the song. It is very moving. That is also posted at CMT.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno why, I couldn't get the videos to work for me at CMT's page
http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/big_rich/artist.jhtml

>Brand New Video: "8th of November"
Their latest video is based on a true story. Watch "8th of November," featuring an introduction by Kris Kristofferson.

>Video Extra: "8th of November: A True Story of Honor and Pain Mini-Documentary"
Duo pay tribute with new single. See a documentary of the story behind the song.

here is an alternate site at Rolling Stone
http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/video/8909498/8th_of_november_live

> The Video is
8th Of November (Live) / Big & Rich / Rolling Stone Original

> The Documentary is
8th of November / Big & Rich / Comin' To Your City

the documentary is indeed very moving, the artists accompanied Nialls back to Vietnam, where he buried his boots at the site of the ambush
Quote:
Kris Kristofferson:

On November 8th, 1965, the 173rd Airborne Brigade on Operation Hump, War Zone D in Vietnam, were ambushed by over 1200 V.C.

Forty-eight American soldiers lost their lives that day. Severely wounded, and riskin' his own life, Lawrence Joll, a medic, was the first livin' black man since the Spanish-American War to receive the United States Medal of Honor for savin' so many lives in the midst of battle that day.

Our friend, Nialls Harris, retired 25 years, United States Army, the guy who gave Big Kenny his top hat, was one of the wounded who lived: This song is his story.

Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: