SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America Reply with quote

http://spp.gov/

A friend at work showed me this site.

THIS IS SCARY. One co-worker thought it was something the"right wingers" were supporting. We had to explain to him the truth. This is borderline communist in it's design.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:
.... THIS IS SCARY. One co-worker thought it was something the"right wingers" were supporting. We had to explain to him the truth. This is borderline communist in it's design.

This chillingly reminds me of the days leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbor when the old Philco floor model radio in our house on the West Coast was able to pick up Japan on the shortwave band. I listened fascinated by oily-voiced propagandists telling of the glories of the "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere". Here is a summary of the goals and some snippets of the Plan (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Japan's war planners envisioned a long struggle, in several stages, to achieve their new Asia. The new Asia was to be known as the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. The Southern region would supply raw materials and surplus food, while Manchuria and North China provided the materials and basis for a heavy industry complex. The rest of Asia would become a vast market, defended and integrated by Japanese planning, tools, skills, and arms.

<snip>

The Plan. The Japanese empire is a manifestation of morality and its special characteristic is the propagation of the Imperial Way. It strives but for the achievement of Hakko Ichiu, the spirit of its founding.... It is necessary to foster the increased power of the empire, to cause East Asia to return to its original form of independence and co-prosperity by shaking off the yoke of Europe and America, and to let its countries and peoples develop their respective abilities in peaceful cooperation and secure livelihood.

The Form of East Asiatic Independence and Co-Prosperity. The states, their citizens, and resources, comprised in those areas pertaining to the Pacific, Central Asia, and the Indian Oceans formed into one general union are to be established as an autonomous zone of peaceful living and common prosperity on behalf of the peoples of the nations of East Asia. The area including Japan, Manchuria, North China, lower Yangtze River, and the Russian Maritime Province, forms the nucleus of the East Asiatic Union. The Japanese empire possesses a duty as the leader of the East Asiatic Union.

<snip>

Source

Schadow
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully strongly disagree with both comments above.

With the United States sandwiched between Canada to the north and Mexico to the south, I see nothing at all wrong with these three countries - who happen to be the largest nations on the North American continent - setting up a mechanism to further trade, security, and cultural relationships between the three countries and people. In fact, it would be irresponsible not to do so.

I see nothing on the linked web site that gives me any heartburn, and I certainly don't see any evidence of a "communist" conspiracy involved (that's not to say, however, that there are not some communist-leaning organizations or individuals who would not try to subvert such an agreement to their agendas).

Nor do I see any parallel that gives me concern with the historic East Asiatic Union/Co-Prosperity Sphere. There was nothing theoretically wrong with those Asian nations seeking similar economic, security, and cultural ties when it was formed - if they had done so voluntarily and on a co-equal basis. The fact that Japan formed this alliance (if, indeed, it was a voluntary alliance) with devious intentions and then proceeded as history records is not even close to an accurate parallel with the SPP. (Or said, another way, since the USA is the dominate partner in the SPP, then are we to assume that if the parallel is correct, that the USA is about to emulate Japan's role in the East Asiatic Union/Co-Properity Sphere?)
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
..... (Or said, another way, since the USA is the dominate partner in the SPP, then are we to assume that if the parallel is correct, that the USA is about to emulate Japan's role in the East Asiatic Union/Co-Properity Sphere?)

Anker, there was no intention on my part to equate the motives of the SPP planners with those of Japan and its Co-Prosperity Sphere plan (at least when one considers the ultimate outcome of Japan's plan).

It's just that the commonality of the word "Prosperity" lit up a long-dormant set of my aged brain cells and I thought members who are not old enough to remember those times might be interested. The SPP, as far as the idea has been developed thus far sounds benign and possibly desirable.

In fact, I have been thinking for some time to the future possibility of world affairs and leftist madness turning to conditions which might prompt the US to go to total isolation. My preliminary thoughts come to the conclusion that the US probably could not isolate by itself and that Canada and Mexico would be excellent partners. Having Canada on board would preserve a land bridge to Alaska and Mexico would have a smaller border to its south. Achieving total isolation would involve extreme measures to sever ties to the rest of the world but that would be the stuff of another Topic. Confused

Schadow
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPP seems like a very good idea to me. I see no problems with their agenda.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quicky if you need the origin. The domain is hosted on a bank of addresses from the Dept. of Commerce. While I didn't take the time to read the full site, it looks like the next logical step from the NAFTA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: